Tow Truck Divers Chase Armed Robbers - Page 2

Tow Truck Divers Chase Armed Robbers

This is a discussion on Tow Truck Divers Chase Armed Robbers within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Tom G You should have backed up and run over the BG again. Nice stop though. My driver tried......but the BG pretty ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tow Truck Divers Chase Armed Robbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    You should have backed up and run over the BG again. Nice stop though.
    My driver tried......but the BG pretty much hit the ground running....even tho he was hit by a tow truck going about 35mph.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

Thank you for helping reverse the growing violence in our city. I and my family are thankful we will not have to respond to these two BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Target,

Can you go into technical details about the situation?

My questions and wonderment includes the following:
    * What make, model, and caliber was your handgun?
    Kimber Compact 45ACP
    * What brand and variant ammunition were you using and in what bullet type (FMJ or JHP) as well as what bullet weight?
    Hornady TAP 230gr HP
    * What brand flashlight did you have at hand and how did you feel about it's ability to illuminate the area so as to be functional?
    Believe it or not, a 3 cell Mag Light w/LED insert. I choose this light because it also works well for self defence. With the LED insert it is blinding and did light up the BG very well.
    * When you fired on the vehicle how many rounds were you able to fire and was it strong hand only or two hand grip?
    Due to Trailer Houses being my only back stop I chose to try for the tire. I only got a couple of shots off Strong Hand
    * Where did you aim on the vehicle and what damage was notable at all if any? Did your rounds penetrate? Did this have any noticeable effect on the driver or his actions?
    No damage because I missed...due to shooting at a moving target while I too was moving. I watched the Crime Scene Inv. dig up one of my bullet from the dirt. It penetrated about 12-14". The driver did duck down but it didnt slow him down
    * What did/do the police have to say toward your involvement in seeking out and chasing after the BG prior to becoming endangered directly, by his attempt to drive over you, and did they deem your discharge of a weapon to be justifiable?
    They will always say to stay out of harms way. Yes it was Justifiable. The LEO and CSI were actually thankful that we were able to do as much as we did. We even spent a couple of hrs helping them to find evidence......and even called them back because we had found more (including were my bullet hit the dirt) after they left. Just for the record, evidence was strung out for over a half mile and throughout the trailer park
    * How did your ears react to and handle the sound of your gunfire considering they were unprotected?
    I dont even remember drawing my gun (leather IWB @ 4:00)
    The sound of the gun shots were infact no louder than closing a car door.....and I never suffered from the sound of the gun shots.

I ask these questions not so much to be nosy or probing as on the surface they might seem, but more so because I and others of us can learn and add to our own knowledge base by proxy of your experience as you relate it first person.

I hope you don't mind nor are offended.

I dont mind at all. Glad to help

Thanks,

- Janq
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

Great job

some guys have all the fun! good job!
    "Brains before Bullets"

Good job. And if you read my signature I would say it was dangerous to be a BG that night!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Excellent job Mr Hedge !!!
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Mr. Hedge,

A giant Thumbs Up! to you, your driver and the Whitworths. Fort Worth is a better place having you guys as residents. Well done.

Regards, Quiet1
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    If you were in my neighborhood I'd lend you one of mine for the duration. AND buy you a drink (just to steady your nerves, medicinal purposes only).
    Ditto.

I haven't been out your way for a while, but if I do again , I'll buy you one then.

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Gotta love Texas! Nice job!

-Plop
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

I found out today.......the BG that was struck by the Tow Truck....the same one that got away.....well, his MOMMY took him down to his Probation Officer to surrender and his bail has been set at $151,000. I dont expect to see him out anytime soon.

Now they both get to go play "TAG" with big bubba in the slammer.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

I was told, by a reliable source, that I should be getting my pistol back this week or next.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Nice work. Too bad these scumbags survived the encounter only to cost the taxpayers untold thousands, a story book ending would have had them both taking a nice long dirt nap.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

jfl
    Excellent !!!
    Very nicely written too.

Reading it this morning is a good start for today
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Any worries about getting charged for shooting at fleeing cars/BG's? I know this is Texas at night, so probably no problem. Other areas I think you would have also been arrested!

Once the "commission" of the crime/threat has ceased, most of us can't pursue the BG.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links