"Serial shooter" sentenced to death

This is a discussion on "Serial shooter" sentenced to death within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Jury sentences Arizona serial shooter to death | U.S. | Reuters Jury sentences Arizona "serial shooter" to death Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:30pm EDT By ...

Thread: "Serial shooter" sentenced to death

VIP Member

"Serial shooter" sentenced to death

Jury sentences Arizona serial shooter to death | U.S. | Reuters

Jury sentences Arizona "serial shooter" to death
    Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:30pm EDT

By David Schwartz

PHOENIX (Reuters) - A jury sentenced an Arizona man known as the "Serial Shooter" to death Friday for murdering six people in a killing spree that terrorized Phoenix area residents three years ago.

A Maricopa County Superior Court jury sentenced Dale Hausner, 36, to die by lethal injection for gunning down four men and two women during a 14-month shooting rampage that ended with his arrest in August 2006, together with an accomplice.

Hausner showed no emotion as the jury's decision was announced in the court in downtown Phoenix. An appeal is mandatory.

Earlier this month, Hausner was convicted of the six murders and 74 other crimes committed in night-time drive-by shootings of people and animals in 2005 and 2006.

Hausner, a former janitor, told the jury Thursday he should receive the death penalty. But he did not confess to the killings.

Still to be sentenced is his accomplice and roommate Samuel Dieteman, who pleaded guilty to two murder charges and testified against Hausner during the six-month trial.

Hausner and Dieteman were taken into custody after an exhaustive investigation by police, arrests that attracted nationwide attention.

Police found newspaper clippings of the spree and a map with crimes plotted on it during the arrest at the apartment shared by the two men in Mesa, Arizona, east of Phoenix. Guns were also found at the residence.

The Serial Shooter case was one of two high-profile crime sprees that terrorized those living in the nation's fifth-largest city in 2006.

(Writing by Tim Gaynor; editing by Todd Eastham)
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Just think, another 25 years and they MAY actually stick the needle in his arm!

What a waste of a perfectly good needle, but I'll let it pass this time...Bye-Bye dirtbag!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Another loser off the streets. Have a nice dirt nap...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Links