MA: Drivers Ignore Vicious Attack On Highway

This is a discussion on MA: Drivers Ignore Vicious Attack On Highway within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did a quick search and didn't see this on DC, there is no Personal Defense in the News per say so mods move this if ...

Thread: MA: Drivers Ignore Vicious Attack On Highway

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar

Did a quick search and didn't see this on DC, there is no Personal Defense in the News per say so mods move this if needed.
    That is the whole point, there was no one, nothing, a highway full of "not my problem"

Drivers Ignore Vicious Attack On Highway - Local News Story - WCVB Boston

Drivers Ignore Vicious Attack On Highway
    Woman Assaulted For 12 Minutes In Broad Daylight

MIDDLEBOROUGH, Mass. -- A woman was viciously attacked in broad daylight Friday afternoon on a heavily traveled road, while other drivers passed by without stopping.

Click To Comment | See A Slideshow Of The Incident

The woman, in her mid-40s, was knocked unconscious, brutalized and sexually assaulted after pulling over on Route 28 in Middleborough after a fender bender, police said.

Watch Report

[The woman was knocked unconscious and brutalized after pulling over.]
    The woman was knocked unconscious and brutalized after pulling over. More
    The attack, which began about 4:30 p.m., lasted for more than 10 minutes. "She was definitely violently assaulted," said Middleborough police Lt. Charles Armanetti.

[Surveillance video shows the victim driving by before the attack.]
    Surveillance video shows the victim driving by before the attack. More
    Surveillance video from a nearby gas station shows the victim driving on Route 28, followed by what police believe to be the attacker's car. Minutes later, the woman's car was bumped from behind. When she pulled over, the man got out of his car and began the attack.

"Within that 12-minute time frame, in heavy traffic, this individual got out of his car and attacked the woman," Armanetti said. "At that point she went unconscious, and that's all she remembers."

When police arrived, the man and his car were gone, and the woman was found unconscious. She was revived and taken to a nearby hospital.

Armanetti said they received only one 911 call from a driver who stopped to help after the man had left.
    [Police received only one 911 call from a driver who stopped to help after the man had left.]
    Police received only one 911 call from a driver who stopped to help after the man had left. More

The attacker is still at large and is described as a white man in a dark, zippered coat driving a dark-colored sedan.
    What is this country coming to? Disgusting. Eeeek, if I would have been driving by...

Suffice it to say, that was no traffic "accident."

Terrible all around. Just shows how people really don't pay attention whatsoever. I'll admit, I do zone out after a while, especially when traveling familiar roads, but I almost always will notice things out of the ordinary, like two people (or even one) pulled over, or such. And while I refuse to rubberneck (I really hate rubberneckers, they cause traffic waves that back stuff up for hours and cause accidents), I do try to take a look if I can, safely, just to see if something really bad is going on, for the same reasons as what happened in this article. I'm not expecting to see anyone getting beaten, but just in case there was an accident and there are injuries or such.

Perhaps we must practice shooting from a moving car window...

Not really, but the this type of scumbag deserves no less than a permanent dirtnap.

Now if this female had been armed and had some training, she could have defended herself, or at least had a fighting chance. I'm sure that if the coward who did this saw a weapon, he would have crawled back into his car and sped away.

Stay armed...yet another example of that need...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I guess if that many folks had to drive by and do nothing they deserve Kerry, Kennedy, Frank, Markey et all. I suppose the flipside is if you stop to help, you could get sued by the perp and the victim for whatever the outcome is.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

Now if this female had been armed and had some training, she could have defended herself, or at least had a fighting chance.

MA is one of the most anti-states in the USA. Getting a CCW permit in some parts of MA is impossible unless a person is a political hack or is really rich.

I saw that yesterday, printed it out; it goes into the training file and also for current events bulletin board, right beside the one where our Sheriff cut the number of road deputies due to the economy.
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    All those people had to see something. I just don't know anymore.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

man thats sad, at the very least someone should call 911
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

He bumped her? Looks like he was out trollin and scored..scumbag
    "Brains before Bullets"

I heard a scarier story. Same set up, a bump from behind, only after dark. No one saw those women again. The scumbag murdered like 20 before he got caught.

VIP Member
    "'Bumper crimes' are among the most effective ruses I have seen in twenty years of law enforcement."--Sanford Strong
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

A grim reminder that we should not be too quick to assume that a simple car accident does not have nefarious intentions in back of it.

United93

I don't know how much the drivers speeding by could actually see happening, so I don't know if any saw enough to think there was a problem.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Sponsored Links