Eight killed in North Carolina nursing home rampage.... Merged - Page 2

Eight killed in North Carolina nursing home rampage.... Merged

This is a discussion on Eight killed in North Carolina nursing home rampage.... Merged within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; jmac00 - kudos!! My sentiments exactly....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eight killed in North Carolina nursing home rampage.... Merged

jmac00 - kudos!!

My sentiments exactly.
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    "Visit our Legislation Page to learn how you can call on your elected officials to work with us to keep guns off our streets and out of the hands of our youth."

I heard the guy was 45....so much for the youth.

March has been a real bloody month and 2A...in the eyes of the general public...has taken a beating. I fear, with the downturn in good times, such carnage will only continue.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    "Visit our Legislation Page to learn how you can call on your elected officials to work with us to keep guns off our streets and out of the hands of our youth."

March has been a real bloody month and 2A...in the eyes of the general public...has taken a beating. I fear, with the downturn in good times, such carnage will only continue.

Rick
    shall we visit the "legislative page" and enlighten them on the merits of gun ownership
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Yeh, I wondered why they used that "out of the hands of our youth" statement. Playing on people's emotions? Canned statement???

Maybe we should take a page from the current administration's playbook: turn every crisis into an opportunity. Actually, mass murders like these, if they occur in gun-free zones, are good opportunities to point out to people the powerlessness and futility of such signs and zones.

And if they don't occur in gun-free zones, but no one was there who was armed and could stop it, it could still be argued a concealed carrier in the right place could have saved lives.

That's probably what is happening at the national level by those more eloquent than I. But I think such points are good for the man-in-the-street discussions with those we come in contact with.

I heard on Fox the the Officer went in after the shooter, got in a gunfight with him and both were shot. Stopped the killing thought. The officer is a hero having done exactly what needed to be done in an active shooter situation. The sooner the shooter is brought down, the sooner the killing stops.

I just read it on Fox. The ages of those he killed were 78, 78, 88, 88, 98, and one nurse whose age was not given.

What a coward.

What a hero, the officer who entered and got into a gunbattle with the coward, stopping him.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Animals. Murderous, cowardly animals. And all the while, the putzes in Congress continue to press for legally deeming as felons any and all people who dare to go around with weapons in defense of such scum. That is, perhaps, the most dishonorable act of all: the attempt to disarm victims in the face of being victimized by armed criminals. Utter insanity.

Nowhere is immune. With each and every "surprise" occurrence at a new, untested/untried place, we must disabuse ourselves of the naive notion that there are any safe places. Go armed. Always.

Well said, I could not agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    You know I see this news report where a rapper was given a 1yr and 1 day sentence for trying to buy a machine gun. The max sentence was 30 yrs. IMO they want to enact all these gun laws and take away our freedom but the BG get caught and get a slap on the wrist as usual.

As for this thread-my prayers go out to the families.
    Because he is a "role model" celeb... you know the deal... some are more equal than others.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Quote Originally Posted by tflhndn View Post
    Here is the NC Brady Bunch's take on it.
    Brady Bunch... bottom feeders of the lowest order!
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

What a trajedy. What a shame. You know, it's already hard enough, emotionally, to be in the position of having to put a loved one in a nursing home. I had to put my mother in one. But, by the grace of God, I got lucky and married a lady who thought it proper that we bring her home to live with us. She's here now, thank the Lord. And when I think, of how, those poor, helpless victims, and the others, who had to watch the carnage, had absolutely no one to defend them. It breaks my heart. Folks, there are family members in desperate need of our prayers, right now.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth." - Stonewall Jackson

What is wrong with people???????!!!!!

Lord have mercy :(

VIP Member
    horrible, kudos to Officer Garner for taking this guy down, getting shot 3 times himself in the process.

The shooting spree was ended by 25-year-old Officer Justin Garner, who entered the nursing home alone as he responded to a 911 call. McKenzie said Garner, a training officer with more than four years on the Carthage force and a past winner of the department's officer of the year award, knew he was headed into a perilous situation, but didn't wait for back-up or a SWAT team to arrive.

"If that's not heroism, I don't know what is," McKenzie said

"He had to go to all the way through the facility to encounter this individual," McKenzie said. "It would be hard for me to believe he didn't (hear gunfire)."

Stewart wounded Garner three times in the leg as they traded gunfire in a hallway of the 110-bed facility, McKenzie said. The single shot Garner fired from his .40-caliber service pistol hit Stewart in the chest.

"Whether he realizes it now, he will hopefully realize someday how many lives he has saved," McKenzie said, adding: "A lot more lives would have been lost, I honestly feel, had he not done what he did. For certain."
    this story could have been just as easily about a CCW'er taking this guy out....and should have been.
    Fox just said Garner was the only officer on duty at the time! Imagine if he'd not got there or was incapacitated himself....how many more would have died.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Shot placement rules. One to the chest beats 3 to the legs.

Officer Garner is a hero. Wonder if any officers from other departments were called in. You would thing so.

VIP Member
    The cop is being hailed as a hero, as he should be.
    I just wonder if they'd call him a hero if he was an average Joe with a ccw permit..I think the media would stop short of calling him a hero...
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Same thing recently happened in Oklahoma City.

Rick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links