Robbery suspect shot

Robbery suspect shot

This is a discussion on Robbery suspect shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Shotgun-toting robbery suspect shot and killed by business owner | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News Shotgun-toting robbery suspect shot and killed by business owner Reported by: ...

VIP Member

Question Robbery suspect shot

Shotgun-toting robbery suspect shot and killed by business owner | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

Shotgun-toting robbery suspect shot and killed by business owner
    Reported by: Demond Fernandez
    Email: DemondFernandez@woaitv.com
    Last Update: 5:17 pm

TASCOSA COUNTY, Texas – A business owner shot and killed a suspected robber near Poteet according to deputies.

The Atascosa Co. Sheriff’s investigators say around midnight two robbers burst into Larry's Game Room on Hwy 16. That’s about seven miles north of Poteet.

The robbers, who had a shotgun and pistol, fired one shot in the ceiling and began demanding money. They forced a female worker to ground and pointed shotgun at her. The business owner came out of the backroom with a 40-caliber handgun and shot one of the robbers in the head.

Carlos Valero, 25, died at the scene. The other would-be robber ran off. Both are believed to be from the Atascosa area.

Right now, investigators are working on an arrest warrant for the other alleged hijacker. Both the Atascosa Sheriff’s Office and Texas Rangers are handling the investigation.

Deputies say the shooting happened at a place that had eight-liner machines. These machines can sometimes be used for gambling and investigators are looking to see if these were legit.
    OK, a little help here. What are "eight-liner machines" ?

GG v. BG?

Or, BG v. BG?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Administrator
    Did they have 8 liner machines or eight liner machines? I have no idea what either is.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Video slot machines:

“Eight-liners” is a colloquial term for video slot machines that reward players based upon the visual results of nine simulated slot machine rollers (the term comes from the fact that there are eight ways to win—three horizontal lines, three vertical lines, and two diagonal lines—based upon the combination of images on the machine). Like Vegas-style slot machines, eight-liners are played by the insertion of money into the machines, the awarding of credits or plays, and the pressing of buttons to trigger certain events (although the results are determined by chance through the use of computerized random number generators, not through any skill of the player). It is the payouts that differentiate most eight-liners from standard slot machines because in Texas, it is the payouts that distinguish a legal amusement device from an illegal gambling device.

I knew I would like the article right from the title...Robbery Suspect Shot Dead...

Like Ted Nugent says, "I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

jfl
    Another cheer for Texas !!!
    I love happy endings
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Good shot lets buy that man a beer.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

One less mouth for Texas taxpayers to pay for in the criminal justice system.

Good guy 1, bad 0
    John

NRA Life Member
    TSRA

Links