Domestic Violence - 5 LEO Shot - 3 Killed - Pittsburgh (Merged X2) - Page 4

Domestic Violence - 5 LEO Shot - 3 Killed - Pittsburgh (Merged X2)

This is a discussion on Domestic Violence - 5 LEO Shot - 3 Killed - Pittsburgh (Merged X2) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; +1 WJH(Yoda)...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    +1 WJH(Yoda)
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

+2 WJH

Such persons as you describe do not realize nor understand how much they are hurting us, and not at all helping the cause at large as they preach via motorized billboard to the choir.

- Janq is Black, blueish, and 'gray'
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I think the NEWS is playing the 2A issue, I kind of doubt that was the reason for this shooting. Someone that knows him mentions it and that will sell papers, get high ratings, what have you.

Something else played in this shooting (he just snapped, loss of job, no reason to live, etc.). Remember the the media controls what the "sheep" believes, we've seen it time and time again before, so just think about it before you believe it yourselves.

Yes, they will run this story to the ground on the gun rights idea, and I think a lot of people will eat that up!

Prayers to the families of the fallen!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    ... The guy was an ardent 2d Amendment advocate and had made public statements as such. ...
    That is all hearsay, until the shooter actually makes that statement in a police interview or some such. A "buddy", claims he made that statement means precisely to me.

It is all academic right now. My local news reported last night that "Obama taking away his 2A rights" was the reason/motivation for the shootout. The sheep now have the story they will accept as fact in the Denver area.

I can see the title of the new bill being drafted now..."The Poplawski Act of 2009
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    And this is going to be the only thing that anyone (sheep) will remember about this. (anyway to find out if this "Perkovic" or "Vire" guy is a member of the brady bunch?)

Thoughts to the families.

Be safe to our members.
    I've already had some anti's on other board relate me to this guy because I've made similar comments... one difference... I'm not nuts

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    RIP to the brave Offiicers of the Law.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    If he was discharged before completing Basic Training (stated scenario) he would have received an Administrative Discharge not a DD. Such a discharge does not remove any of your civil rights, it only gives you a bad reenlistment code (applicable to Military only.) He most likely still held his 2A rights to purchase a firearm.

As I came home from Wally World today the Pickup Truck in front of me had two stickers on the bed shell: a big, very visible NRA sticker and alongside. a long sticker reading: "If you want my guns, you will have to pry them from my cold, dead hands." Evidently fellow gun owners do believe that taking guns away is enough reason to kill, even cops. Although I am pretty sure this individual would most likely not kill cops, he doesn't present that image to the public.

As I read these forums I have come to realize that our ego trips and big "hero" mouths are probably going to contribute to our downfall.

I do not have my male anatomy confused with my car or my gun. I drive carefully and courteously and carry my revolver concealed without making any public issues about it.

My gun doesn't make me any more right or any tougher. I am the Gray Man.
    Well said!

There are a lot of extreme right wing gun owners that actually believe that Obama is coming to take their guns. The fact that the evidence for this is only circumstantial, and as of yet there have been no actions to support this, there are those that believe it is coming.

We won't win that war with violence, we will win it with smarts and by living the example of safe ownership we defend. I do not like the NRA when they lean for their constant need to instill paranoia with twisted facts.

Yes Obama and his minions need to be watched, but you can only fight politics with politics. This psycho who killed these officers does not represent 99% of the gun owners in America.

Shooting in Pittsburgh, PA

The Associated Press: 3 officers killed in Pittsburgh shooting

PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh police say a man wearing a bulletproof vest opened fire on officers during a domestic disturbance call, killing three of them.

I live in York. Having three officers killed, it makes people open their eyes. It was all over my news station. The man said that "he feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns".

Any thoughts?

Yeah, I have a comment. So what if the guy feared Obama was about to ban guns? What does that have to do with the shooting itself? Lots of us fear Obama is about to ban guns!!

Funny how you cite his fear of a gun ban, but failed to cite the part about how the shooter had been a disruptive influence in the neighborhood.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

VIP Member
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    From reading the different stories yesterday and today, this guy was a time bomb waiting to explode. It appears the warning signs were there and ignored by the police and everyone around him.

VIP Member

Thumbs down Yep! Moderate

The real meaning of the 2nd Amendment | The Moderate Voice

The real meaning of the 2nd Amendment
    April 5th, 2009
    By TONY CAMPBELL, TMV Columnist

I grew up in the Pittsburgh area and graduated from the University of Pittsburgh so the news of the killing of three police officers is a tragedy that occured in my hometown. According to news reports, the shooter was afraid of the “gun grab” of the Obama Administration that would have taken his right to own firearms.

I have a comment to make on this issue: Not everyone should be allowed to own a weapon. The 2nd Amendment was written for a specific purpose… here is what it says:

“A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

I always get in trouble for this but I have got to say it again. The writers of the Constitution did not add the 2nd Amendment for individuals to own guns for their personal use; they added the 2nd Amendment to protect the new country from internal insurrection and/or foreign invasion.

Here is my humble opinion on how to keep unqualified and/or unstable people from owning firearms - require every person who wants to own weapons to serve an enlistment in the National Guard of the State that they live in for three years. A solution that would carry out the explicit intention of the writers of the Constitution while allowing for the implicit right of the individual to “keep and bear arms.”

Nah, politicians will never go for it… it makes too much sense.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links