Domestic Violence - 5 LEO Shot - 3 Killed - Pittsburgh (Merged X2)

This is a discussion on Domestic Violence - 5 LEO Shot - 3 Killed - Pittsburgh (Merged X2) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Been some discussions on domestic violence...and how quickly things can turn...food for thought. Hope they all recover...hot of the press. 3 police officers shot in ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Domestic Violence - 5 LEO Shot - 3 Killed - Pittsburgh (Merged X2)

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar

Domestic Violence - 5 LEO Shot - 3 Killed - Pittsburgh (Merged X2)

Been some discussions on domestic violence...and how quickly things can turn...food for thought.

Hope they all recover...hot of the press.

3 police officers shot in Pittsburgh - CNN.com

Rick

2. Remove Ads

Domestic Violence calls and Car stops are some off the most dangerous things LEOs have to handle. Domestic calls are particulary dangerous because both sides in the argument are angry/emotional so the LEO/s is entering a highly charged situation with irrational behaviour that can become volent in an instant . The cop is right in the middle and becomes the target of rage. God protect them.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Been some discussions on domestic violence...and how quickly things can turn...food for thought.

Hope they all recover...hot of the press.

3 police officers shot in Pittsburgh - CNN.com

Rick
    Prayers offered for the LEOs and all involved.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

The article...

(CNN) -- Three police officers were shot in Pittsburgh on Saturday, as they responded to a domestic call, Allegheny County police said.

A gunman is apparently holed up inside a home in the Stanton Heights neighborhood of the western Pennsylvania city.

The conditions of the officers were not known.

Police couldn't say whether the officers struck were from the city, the county or other departments. City, county and state police officers were at the scene.

CNN affiliate WTAE reported that as many as 80 shots have been fired between people in the house and officers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

80 shots?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

UPdate

They are now saying there are reports of 5 officers shot, 3 dead.
    The shooter 'may' have used an AK47. (Some dufus reporter stating it is an 'automatic' weapon.)

One neighbor is saying he is 22, and recently discharged from the military.

Just gets sadder and more disgusting...
    Last edited by miklcolt45; April 4th, 2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: add info
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Pittsburgh Police: 3 Officers Killed in Shooting and Standoff

FOXNews.com - Pittsburgh Police: 3 Officers Killed in Shooting and Standoff - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Pittsburgh Police: 3 Officers Killed in Shooting and Standoff

PITTSBURGH — A man opened fire on officers responding to a domestic disturbance call Saturday morning, killing three of them, before barricading himself in the home, a police official said.

Three officers were killed, said a police official at the scene who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the media.

At least five officers were wounded, police spokeswoman Diane Richard said. It's not clear if that included the slain officers.

The man who fired at the officers was arrested after a several-hour standoff. One witness reported hearing hundreds of shots.

Edward Perkovic, a 22-year-old who said he was the gunman's best friend, said he got a call at work from him in which he said, "Eddie, I am going to die today. ... Tell your family I love them and I love you."

"I heard gunshots and he hung up," Perkovic said.

The officers were called to the home in the Stanton Heights neighborhood at about 7 a.m., Richard said.

Tom Moffitt, 51, a city firefighter who lives two blocks away, said he heard about the shooting on his scanner and came to the scene, where he heard "hundreds, just hundreds of shots. And not just once — several times."

Rob Gift, 45, who lives a block away, said he heard rapid gunfire as he was letting his dog out.

He said the neighborhood of well-kept single-family houses and manicured lawns is home to many police officers, firefighters, paramedics and other city workers.

"It's just a very quiet neighborhood," Gift said.

Not much additional information.

Albert Einstein

Administrator
    Not much to add, only a request to change the title of this thread to something that tells what the thread is actually about. We are sure to get tons of reposts about this as it is.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Administrator

Post Done - Title Addition

Yep, you're right because I reposted it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Not much to add, only a request to change the title of this thread to something that tells what the thread is actually about. We are sure to get tons of reposts about this as it is.

Administrator
    Thanks QK.

It sucks to be reading and thinking about this as I am getting ready for my shift this afternoon. I guess a dose of reality never hurt anyone.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Stay safe Sixto, my wife and I will say a prayer for you and all of the rest of our brave police officers.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Thanks QK.

It sucks to be reading and thinking about this as I am getting ready for my shift this afternoon. I guess a dose of reality never hurt anyone.
    Come home safe and well from that shift friend.. Same goes for any other LEO out there in harms way.

VIP Member
    Prayers sent for all involved, and for all who must go in harm's way.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Sixto,

Stay safe. We need you around here to keep us straight.
    Bet the wife and kids need you, too.

God bless.

Albert Einstein

Three Officers Killed In Pittsburgh Shooting

My prayers go out to the police family

Three Officers Killed In Stanton Heights Shootings on Fairfield Street - kdka.com

What's gotten into people lately, the NY shooting yesterday. This is why I carry all the times

This is horrible, prayers for the LEO's loved ones.

TOO MANY STRAWS ON THE CAMELS BACK!!!

Starting to be really concerned about RTBA.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links