BAD - Father kills his 5 children then himself - Page 2

BAD - Father kills his 5 children then himself

This is a discussion on BAD - Father kills his 5 children then himself within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SelfDefense Was there a rash of senseless shootings when the economy was actually bad in the 1930s? With almost 92% employment, virtually ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BAD - Father kills his 5 children then himself

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Was there a rash of senseless shootings when the economy was actually bad in the 1930s?

With almost 92% employment, virtually full employment with many of the rest on the public dole, it is missing the cause to blame it on 'the economy.'
    Cause and effect...and the instant communcations we live in. It appears this has nothing to do with the economy...but more to do with a dysfunctional family and anger. But we both know, much strife and anger will be blamed on the economy, right, wrong, or indifferent.

Regardless, I will never ever understand how a parent can take the life of their children...no matter what the anger, dysfunctional, or just hate. Suicide is one thing...but to take others with you? This is not the first...nor will it be the last...a very sad testament of our society. But I sure would like to also remember the good in our society...the boy/girl scouts, the church programs, soccer, rubby, football, basketball, etc etc...so easy to focus on the bad.

Rick

It's true it's easy to focus on the bad, but this trend of taking a large group of unrelated (to the situation) innocents with you when you kill yourself is despicable!!! Again, HOW can you kill your own kids? This goes against EVERYTHING a parent should feel and speaks volumes about the relationship the father seems to have had with his kids. So sad, the kids are in heaven and I pray the mother finds peace and people to help her cope. She's better off without that nutjob!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Cause and effect...and the instant communcations we live in. It appears this has nothing to do with the economy...but more to do with a dysfunctional family and anger. But we both know, much strife and anger will be blamed on the economy, right, wrong, or indifferent.
    I agree. But I hate seeing the economy being the blame for everything. People have been losing their jobs for as long as people have had jobs. Certainly, few normal people want the 'job for life' mentality that stifles hard work and innovation.

Regardless, I will never ever understand how a parent can take the life of their children...no matter what the anger, dysfunctional, or just hate. Suicide is one thing...but to take others with you? This is not the first...nor will it be the last...a very sad testament of our society. But I sure would like to also remember the good in our society...the boy/girl scouts, the church programs, soccer, rubby, football, basketball, etc etc...so easy to focus on the bad.
    It has always been the case that news means bad news. If it bleeds it leads. With a 24 hour news cycle with are innundated with these stories often making the perpetrator a household name. Some loser who will never amount to anything can achieve immortality (a dead immortality) and infamy. I don't think the perpetrators' names should ever be released.

I did see a good story today. A sick turtle swam to a turtle veterinary. He was diagnosed, treated and is now on the road to recovery. Without universal health care!

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    As more of this family's story comes to light, I suspect that while it is truly a "senseless" crime, it is somewhat understandable. If the media and neighbors are portraying this male (I won't dignifiy him with calling him a "man") accurately, then to some degree it IS understandable---He is described as very rigid, ultra controlling and likely sexually abusive, at least to his wife.

Males like this are completely self-absorbed, usually have a very low tolerance for disruption, change and feel very easily threatened. They do not see other people as actual "people" but rather they see them as objects, with no more rights or inherent worth than the human shape paper targets you and I shoot holes in while at the range. Just picture an adult male with the attitude and self-control of a spoiled 2 year old child backed by the physical strength and cunning of an adult

This is often a lethal combination!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davies View Post
    As more of this family's story comes to light, I suspect that while it is truly a "senseless" crime, it is somewhat understandable. If the media and neighbors are portraying this male (I won't dignifiy him with calling him a "man") accurately, then to some degree it IS understandable---He is described as very rigid, ultra controlling and likely sexually abusive, at least to his wife.

Males like this are completely self-absorbed, usually have a very low tolerance for disruption, change and feel very easily threatened. They do not see other people as actual "people" but rather they see them as objects, with no more rights or inherent worth than the human shape paper targets you and I shoot holes in while at the range. Just picture an adult male with the attitude and self-control of a spoiled 2 year old child backed by the physical strength and cunning of an adult

+++1
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Was there a rash of senseless shootings when the economy was actually bad in the 1930s?

With almost 92% employment, virtually full employment with many of the rest on the public dole, it is missing the cause to blame it on 'the economy.'
    Good point.My dad [1913-1986] grew up on the streets and truly worked for food during really hard times.He, and a lot of others that survived this and WW2,in my opinion,were actually stronger people because of adversity.To blame the economy instead of weak character is a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davies View Post

And sadly enough, our existing laws might not have changed the outcome, but may have disarmed him - if only someone in the family decided to press charges against him (if what you're saying ends up being true, which I think I agree with you, it probably was like that), that would've counted as a domestic. If the whole family did so, it would have been a strong case.

But as is sadly the case with abuse, the abused rarely come forward, or if they do, they often back out. Serious psychological issues at work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Seriously for many people it takes just a little bit of load greater than normal to break their back and pressure spike more intense than they are accustomed to cause a pipe to burst.
    We amongst us should IRL be keeping an eye out for and on our own to make sure our friends and loved ones in general are doing okay.

Sometimes all folks need is a beer (one beer not a six pack!) and an ear to blow off steam so as to relieve pressure.

- Billy Joel
    It is indeed going to get worse before it gets better.

When you vabck someone into a corner, they are gonna come out swinging. Were seeing it daily right now.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Good point.My dad [1913-1986] grew up on the streets and truly worked for food during really hard times.He, and a lot of others that survived this and WW2,in my opinion,were actually stronger people because of adversity.To blame the economy instead of weak character is a mistake.
    IMHO a person who would go on a rampage over lossing his job, is 99% likely to do the same thing under other trying conditions of life... hell, that loser in Germany that shot mostly women at that high school was said to have been "rejected" by girls etc... these people just can't deal with life and you are right to mention the weakcharacter traits of these people.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links