Shootings in the News ???

This is a discussion on Shootings in the News ??? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Is it just me, or do you also have the feeling that the News media are reporting a lot more "BAD" shootings in the last ...

Thread: Shootings in the News ???

Shootings in the News ???

Is it just me, or do you also have the feeling that the News media are reporting a lot more "BAD" shootings in the last few weeks ?

I know the problems the country and the people are experiencing can create more "situations", but still .....
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

2. Remove Ads

Come on! The press trying to make gun owners look bad...that is simply preposterous. How could you ever think the left-leaning media would deliberately try to skew public opinion?

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Welll...sure hard to hide the NY and NC shooting with the number dead...as well as the guy who killed his kids. How about Burger King? What else has been reported nationally? Lots of postings on regional...but nationally?

Rick

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Welll...sure hard to hide the NY and NC shooting with the number dead...as well as the guy who killed his kids. How about Burger King? What else has been reported nationally? Lots of postings on regional...but nationally?

Rick
    I'm inclined to agree. Merely reporting the incidents is necessary and expected, but sometimes the reports are slanted and the gun, gun type, or gun availability is depicted as the problem rather than the person.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

It is sickining! My girl turns on the news and I say "Here we go". She fully understands why I wanted and have a sd wepon now. Going to get her one too. Just too many nutjobs out there today shooting up places, for no good reason. Nutjobs!!!!The shooting range? I would NEVER expect a sd situation at a shooting range. Where is this world headed????????
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

Shootings in the News???

They have not mentioned if the killers had any kind of permits. Wonder why??~

" Proud to be an American" God bless the USA

Theres been a whole lot of these in the news recently.

Yes...

As I said in another thread...They must be taking 'numbers'...

"Next?"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

They will never report on good things that happen - only bad things that they can sensationalize and plaster over the screen for hours on end to scare and keep people glued to the screen. All they care about is their viewership numbers and forming public opinion according to whatever it is at the moment they want to push. I'm not even talking about the various news opinion shows that exist; I'm just talking about the "regular" news!

You'll almost never see any stories of citizens fighting back, only stories of victimization that are designed to make everyone feel helpless.

If there is ever a story about someone stopping a mass shooter, it'll never make it to the nightly news. I'll guarantee you that, right now - even if it is obvious what the criminal's intentions were.

Discussing the recent rash of tragic gun crimes in the news, my wife nailed it:

(Paraphrasing) She said, "These are soft men, raised by soft parents in a soft world. They had a sense of entitlement about life, and when it didn't turn out as expected, they took the most cowardly action a man can take. They killed innocent people because they couldn't cope with real life. A real man would get up and provide for his family, not kill them. Unfortunately, these soft men aren't inclined to do the things real men would do."

Wow. I love my wife.
    Christian. Father. Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by runningman View Post
    Discussing the recent rash of tragic gun crimes in the news, my wife nailed it:

(Paraphrasing) She said, "These are soft men, raised by soft parents in a soft world. They had a sense of entitlement about life, and when it didn't turn out as expected, they took the most cowardly action a man can take. They killed innocent people because they couldn't cope with real life. A real man would get up and provide for his family, not kill them. Unfortunately, these soft men aren't inclined to do the things real men would do."

Wow. I love my wife.
    She hit the nail on the head!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth." - Stonewall Jackson

With the economy the way it is there's going to be a lot of bad news. The left leaning media thrives on bad news that tends to play it up for all it's worth.
    It's a wonder a lot more people who read the news don't get depressed and go off the deep end.

Okay folks, yes there has been recent news that one of the shooters in a recent case DID indeed have a valid ccw permit. But far worse than that is the news today that an indoor range up in central Florida (place called Casselberry) had a murder suicide today. Mother and son went to the range, rented a pair of guns. Mom's age is 44 and the son 20. Son was on the line and mom (a history of mental illness) steps up behind the kid and takes the rented gun and puts a single round into the back of his head before sticking the barrel in her own mouth and pulling the trigger. I have the link to the security camera footage but I hesitate to post it although the actual shot is not caught (either one) the camera was taking captured photos I guess instead of a continuous stream. The guy in the next lane had been giving judicious "advice" I guess and continuing to fire on his own. The actual shots are missed but the guy in the next booth is seen reacting. So somebody say if it's okay to post this before I do. Again, the actual graphic shot is missed, but the sequence is there as is the aimed gun at the back of the kid's head.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Links