I can't help but feel a little proud... - Page 2

I can't help but feel a little proud...

This is a discussion on I can't help but feel a little proud... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That's why we all carry, sounds like the guy handled it perfectly....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can't help but feel a little proud...

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    That's why we all carry, sounds like the guy handled it perfectly.
    Curry

The success of students is the validation of teachers! To you and all teachers, instructors and coaches

VIP Member
    You have a right to be proud of your student's successful action....congrats to you for imparting the knowledge and to your student for taking that knowledge to a successful conclusion.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Certainly you should feel proud but also think of how many people you have helped, or will help in the future, that you won't hear from. Your impact goes to infinity!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

always nice not having to shoot someone, maybe those guys will think twice before robbing the next person!

Good report man. I tell ya you never need a gun until you need one. Stuff like this is good to hear. The fact is that we live in a fallen society and Jesus Christ gives us common since, but for the life of me some Christians feel that they should not carry weapons. Now this is not to start a big religious thing because I respect all people, but just realize that the bad guys are lurking looking for whom they will devour, so arm yourself. Good report love to year stuff like that.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Hmmm... I can't help but point out the differences between this thread and the "How do you know what to do" thread in Tactics.

Over there, everybody is sweating pulling a weapon on somebody closing in on them after two direction changes and a verbal warning. Here everybody is congratulating someone who pulled a weapon on three guys he "thought" were going to rob him... no mention of why he thought that, no mention of seeing a weapon.

Why the difference?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

It sounded like he pulled the gun in response to an attempted robbery. If everyone pulled a gun when someone walked in their direction, the antis would win fast. I'm going to guess that because he was trained, he knew what was happening and reacted with what the training taught him.
    It is possible that the 3 guys were just going to go past him into the jack in the box. Another problem could be they asked if he had any change and he took it the wrong way. Hope not but possible.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links