Another pirate thread, this one makes me grin

This is a discussion on Another pirate thread, this one makes me grin within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SIXTO It seems to me that we have people who specialize in taking care of problems exactly like this. I think its ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another pirate thread, this one makes me grin

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It seems to me that we have people who specialize in taking care of problems exactly like this. I think its time for B.O. to show the world he has a pair (which I doubt) and let the best of the best do what they do best.
    Id like to see that as well.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

2. Remove Ads

US crewman: Somali pirates hold crewman hostage

NAIROBI, Kenya – The American crew of a hijacked U.S.-flagged ship retook control of the vessel from Somali pirates Wednesday but a crew member was still being held hostage, according to the ship's operator and another member of the crew. U.S. officials said American warships were heading to the hijack scene. A crew member aboard the vessel told The Associated Press that his shipmates were trying to rescue a crew member who was still being held.

Colin Wright, who identified himself as a third mate aboard the ship, said, "Somalian pirates have one of our crew members in our lifeboat and we are trying to recover that crew member."

Asked whether that crew member was the ship's captain, Collin told the AP he couldn't say anything else. Earlier, a person aboard the ship told the AP by phone that it was the captain who was being held by the pirates.

More here...

US crewman: Somali pirates hold crewman hostage
    I'm glad they haven't given up on getting the other crewman back... I hope they succeed.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Don't mess with American sailors. They will outpirate a pirate. aarr, matey!

I hope that the crew likes the captain though o/w he is in big trouble. let us see what happens next...
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

We are able to confirm that the crew of the Maersk Alabama is now in control of the ship," said Kevin Speers, a spokesman for Maersk Lines Limited. "The armed hijackers who boarded this ship earlier today have departed, however they are currently holding one member of the ship's crew as a hostage. The other members of the crew are safe and no injuries have been reported."

Speaking on the ship's satellite phone, one of the 20 crew members said they had been taken hostage but managed to seize one pirate and then successfully negotiate their own release. He said negotiations are under way for the captain's release.

"All the crew members are trained in security detail in how to deal with piracy," Maersk CEO John Reinhart told reporters. "As merchant vessels we do not carry arms. We have ways to push back, but we do not carry arms."

John Harris, CEO of HollowPoint Security Services, which specializes in maritime security, said that the crew's overtaking the pirates could help prevent future hijackings, especially since the military can't protect the entire high seas.

"Any time you can get intel from them, they can give you any kind of significant information, they more than likely will not, but anything we can get will always help us in the future," Harris told FOX News.
    FOXNews.com - U.S. Crew Regain Control of Hijacked Ship as Pirates Hold Captain - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Apparently the crew was unarmed, but like SIXTO said, found a weak target, and used that to regain control of the ship.

Hope the captain comes out of this ok, sounds like a job for some gentlemen who wear tridents on their chests to me.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    The official said the status of the other pirates was unknown but they were reported to "be in the water."
    I hope they're chumming the waters the sharks can find their lunch!

Make 'em walk the plank? I should hope not...keelhaul 'em...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sounds likea Frog man job to me.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Obama does have a pair and he's named them even. Their names are Nancy and Harry :)

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It seems to me that we have people who specialize in taking care of problems exactly like this. I think its time for B.O. to show the world he has a pair (which I doubt) and let the best of the best do what they do best.
    2 guys from Delta each with the flu could take this ship and be back home before the Nyquil takes effect. Send them in Mr. President!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Angry

Man, these ship owners are stupid...they need to get armed.
    In the meantime I think the U.S.A. needs to send those pirates some
    free shells, fired only one time, catch'em if you can

I don't deal with psychos. I put them away. - Marion Cobretti- Cobra

Those pirates are toast.

How about an "accidental bombing" in Somalia, right where the pirate crews live. It's not a secret where they operate from.

Is this another showing that American's are fed up and won't be "victims" any longer ?? Hope so..... it will send a message.

I hope they have a couple of good snipers on the ships that are going to their aide. They have been carrying snipers on board.

Of course the crew took the ship back! The Houston Chronicle said that two of the crew members are from Texas! If the pirates had known that they probably would have gone after some other ship!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    I bet Obama is happy, now he can avoid doing anything about it! Excellent work on the sailor's part, I be betting that the bad guys will be avoiding US flagged ships for a bit....

I wonder how many illict firearms suddenly appeared?

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Of course the crew took the ship back! The Houston Chronicle said that two of the crew members are from Texas! If the pirates had known that they probably would have gone after some other ship!
    Nope, they would have handed over their own ship.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links