BAD: Man Shot During Armed Home Invasion - Norwich, CT

This is a discussion on BAD: Man Shot During Armed Home Invasion - Norwich, CT within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Norwich man shot in home invasion, police seek three suspects - Norwich, CT - Norwich Bulletin Norwich, Conn. — A 49-year-old Norwich resident was shot ...

Thread: BAD: Man Shot During Armed Home Invasion - Norwich, CT

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

BAD: Man Shot During Armed Home Invasion - Norwich, CT

Norwich man shot in home invasion, police seek three suspects - Norwich, CT - Norwich Bulletin

Norwich, Conn. —

A 49-year-old Norwich resident was shot in the leg last night during a home invasion involving three masked men, Norwich police said.

The incident occurred around midnight when police said they responded to a 911 call from 82 Peck Street for report of a man suffering from a gunshot wound. Arriving police found a man and woman in the upstairs bedroom at the home.

Police said the two were in bed when the three masked men entered the home. At some point during the confrontation, police said one of the suspects shot the man with a handgun.

The man was identified today as 49-year-old Marc F. Tondre. He was taken to The William W. Backus Hospital where he was treated and released for a non-life threatening gunshot wound.

The motive for the robbery appears to be robbery, said Norwich Police Det. Sgt. Chris Ladd. Several items, including cash, were reported missing. Police said they think the suspects fled on foot but may have had a vehicle waiting in the area.

At least two of the men are described as black males, police said. Anyone with information is asked to contact Norwich police at 886-5561, ext. 500.
    This occurred about 10 miles away from me. The wife is quickly coming to understand why I asked her to be armed at all times.
    Last edited by CT-Mike; April 9th, 2009 at 06:41 PM.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

"The motive for the robbery appears to be robbery," said Norwich Police Det. Sgt. Chris Ladd.

You don't make detective in Norwich without some prettttyyy good powers of deduction....

VIP Member

Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Norwich man shot in home invasion, police seek three suspects - Norwich, CT - Norwich Bulletin

This occurred about 10 miles away from me. The wife is quickly coming to understand why I asked her to be armed at all times.
    I'm not real familiar with Norwich these days, but am familiar with the Colchester-Salem, rt 82 approach into town from the East Haddam side. . Last time I was through Norwich, 8 years back, it had a rather shabby run down look that appalled me. I felt sorry for the place.

Remembering a time when it was small town safe all along 82, and there were small shops; well, time changes things.

You wrote--the wife is quickly understanding why I asked her to be armed at all times. It wasn't that long ago that criminality was about the last thing you needed to worry about in that part of the world. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Slabsides45 View Post
    "The motive for the robbery appears to be robbery," said Norwich Police Det. Sgt. Chris Ladd.

You don't make detective in Norwich without some prettttyyy good powers of deduction....

it's happening everywhere these days. the good thing about concealed carry, and home protection as opposed to places like the UK is that hopefully some of these crooks can be stopped by lethal force. A few years back there was a murder close to my house and the people involved said that our area in Ohio was safe. Well, I nicknamed this area Crimson Corner because there seems to be problems all the time.

A criminal on the street is deadly enough, but just let them in your house with guns and attitude, they are their deadliest.

Guy must have been unarmed i assume. Wonder if he reconsiders now or continues to baaaaah!
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

VIP Member
    I hope he decides to no longer be a victim........we'll see.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Slabsides45 View Post

I thought the motive for robbery was to get money.

I'm glad I 'n not a Norwich detective. I would probably bungle the investigation.

The motive for the robbery appears to be robbery, said Norwich Police Det. Sgt. Chris Ladd
    Brilliant deduction there Watson!

He should be promoted to Captain.

Thus proves the need to be armed inside as well as out.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links