Looks like Texans are taking their highways back one thug at a time.

This is a discussion on Looks like Texans are taking their highways back one thug at a time. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No charges in north Houston freeway gunshot exchange By DALE LEZON Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle April 9, 2009, 11:40AM No charges have been filed so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Texans are taking their highways back one thug at a time.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

Looks like Texans are taking their highways back one thug at a time.

No charges in north Houston freeway gunshot exchange
    By DALE LEZON Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle
    April 9, 2009, 11:40AM

No charges have been filed so far in a fatal shooting earlier this week on Interstate 45.

Houston police said a man killed one man and wounded two others after they fired at him while driving in the 9400 block of North Freeway about 12:20 a.m. Wednesday.

Officers were called to a gas station in the 7400 block of North Shepherd because three males had been shot. Investigators determined that the men had been shot at the freeway and drove to the Shell station.

According to police, they were driving a white Pontiac Grand Prix when they fired gunshots at the driver of a truck. Then they exited the freeway at West Gulf Bank.

The truck driver stopped on the West Gulf Bank overpass and got a rifle from his back seat for protection, police said. As he looked over the side of the freeway to see the license plate of the Pontiac, he saw the car's driver's side window open and feared the suspects would shoot at him again.

He fired several shots at the Pontiac, hitting the passenger who was sitting in the front seat and another man who was in the back seat.

The front-seat passenger, 17, was taken to Memorial Hermann Northwest Hospital, where he later was pronounced dead.

The Ponitac's driver, who was cut in the face by flying glass and shrapnel, and rear seat passenger were treated at the hospital. Their conditions are not immediately known.

A 19-year-old man who was passenger in the car ran away, but was later found and questioned.

2. Remove Ads

Good for him. 1 less BG and 2 other BGs that prolly won't be firing shots at people anymore. I am curious about the rifle the guy had. Sounds to me like it must of been an AR, or AK or SKS or something. Hopefully we can found that out.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

VIP Member
    That's surprising that there were no charges filed. Strange incident.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    That's surprising that there were no charges filed. Strange incident.
    This is Texas man. Joe Horn set a new presedent by dusting two illegal alien theifs in his yard. Joe Horn for Texas Govenor!!!!!

This is crazy lol. I wonder what they were thinking when the truck driver opened fire on them. Probably some unsuspecting punks thinking there incincible. I can just imagine, o **** man, hes shooting back at us. Hopefully a traumatic event like seeing your buddy in the seat next to you take some rounds and later pass will make them rethink there behavior.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

I bet there were 3 or 4 wet spots in the seats.... and skid marks in their drawers!!!!

Woohoo, mark one up for the good guys who have had enough!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Yeah, and I'm sure the guy really believed that the window being down meant they were going to continue shooting, after they had exited the freeway...

While I am not in the least defending the punks who got no less than they deserved; I doubt very much that it happened as reported. If I were a betting man, the "good guy" stopped on the overpass after realizing the bad guys had exited, knowing he could get a decent shot at them from up there, and took the shot--not because he was still in fear for his life, but because they were felonious punk thugs who deserved to get shot.

In the end--good riddance to bad trash; but the truck driver is going to be very lucky if he skins by this one without any charges.

Should punks like this get thier azz shot? Yes.

Is it wrong for the driver to do what he did? No.

Is it "illegal", very dangerous, and a good way to end up in jail with your RKBA permanently revoked? Yes.

Down here in the South, one defense often used for SD shootings is..."He needed shootin'"...

It's about time thugs pulling this kind of crap start worring about return fire...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Down here in the South, one defense often used for SD shootings is..."He needed shootin'"...

It's about time thugs pulling this kind of crap start worring about return fire...
    +1 fully concur!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

I would love to have seen the look on the BG's face when they realized "IN COMING".
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Here's another version:

HPD: Man Dies While Trying To Steal Boat - Houston News Story - KPRC Houston

HOUSTON -- One person was killed when a group of men tried to steal a boat while driving down a freeway, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Houston police said three men in a car tried to steal a boat that a man was hauling with his pickup truck on Interstate 45 at about 1 a.m.

Investigators said the men in the car opened fire on the man in the pickup truck. The man in the pickup truck returned fire, officials said.

One of the men inside the car was killed. The driver of the car stopped at a gas station on North Shepherd Drive for help.

The driver of the pickup truck lost control and ended up a field. There were fish in the boat because the man was returning from a fishing trip at Lake Conroe.
    Seems like a radically different take from the first story no? No mention of shooting at scumbags in a barrel from an overpass.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

jfl
    The BG's health insurance must be going up lately; been on DC for 15 minutes today and already 4 "good news"
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Quote Originally Posted by XDFender View Post
    Yeah, and I'm sure the guy really believed that the window being down meant they were going to continue shooting, after they had exited the freeway...

While I am not in the least defending the punks who got no less than they deserved; I doubt very much that it happened as reported. If I were a betting man, the "good guy" stopped on the overpass after realizing the bad guys had exited, knowing he could get a decent shot at them from up there, and took the shot--not because he was still in fear for his life, but because they were felonious punk thugs who deserved to get shot.

In the end--good riddance to bad trash; but the truck driver is going to be very lucky if he skins by this one without any charges.

Should punks like this get thier azz shot? Yes.

Is it wrong for the driver to do what he did? No.

Is it "illegal", very dangerous, and a good way to end up in jail with your RKBA permanently revoked? Yes.
    Here in Texas you don't need a permit to carry a loaded rifle or handgun in your car as long as the handgun is concealed in the vehicle
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

One moral of the story: don't pick a fight with a man who has a rifle and is willing to use it.

Sounds like the wannabe thieves/murderers got what was coming to them. The Rifleman may have saved some future lives, not to mention his own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links