Binghamton shooter fired 98 rounds

This is a discussion on Binghamton shooter fired 98 rounds within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; They are now reporting on the news that the police said he fired 98 rounds. Now if he had NY "legal" guns they would have ...

Thread: Binghamton shooter fired 98 rounds

They are now reporting on the news that the police said he fired 98 rounds. Now if he had NY "legal" guns they would have had only 10 shots each. So this guy had the time to reload two guns 5 times each.

How much more obvious can it be that the police are never going to protect us? There is just no way humanly possible for the police to be called, and to respond in time to stop someone from shooting 100 rounds.

If someone had been armed and taken him out it would not matter what he had on him. Instead they will focus on ways to make it harder for law abiding citizens to protect themselves. The fallout from this incident will cost us a lot of freedom.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Well last report I heard they were trying to claim he fired all those rounds in a minute

Quote Originally Posted by Chiller2 View Post
    Well last report I heard they were trying to claim he fired all those rounds in a minute
    That sounds right. 1.63 shots per second, maybe round that up to 2 shots per second in order to squeeze reloads into that minute. A great shooter could probably have doubled that.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    That sounds right. 1.63 shots per second, maybe round that up to 2 shots per second in order to squeeze reloads into that minute. A great shooter could probably have doubled that.
    My we are sarcastic today!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnutty View Post
    My we are sarcastic today!
    Actually, I'm not being sarcastic.

YouTube - World's fastest handgun shooter

8 rounds, 1 target, 1 second (480 rounds/minute excluding reloads).

8 rounds, 4 targets, 1.06 seconds (452.83).

6 shots, reload, 6 shots, 2.99 seconds (240/minute including reloads).

Assuming, and I think that's a safe assumption, that the shooter is no where near that good, we still have him armed with a semi-auto, probably plenty of spare mags, and based on the number of survivors, little effort to aim.

I absolutely believe this number could be accurate (98 shots, 1 minute).
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Assuming, and I think that's a safe assumption, that the shooter is no where near that good, we still have him armed with a semi-auto, probably plenty of spare mags, and based on the number of survivors, little effort to aim.

You are saying this man was in the world class catagory? Aiming, shooting, hitting the target and reloading as well.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

You are saying this man was in the world class catagory? Aiming, shooting, hitting the target and reloading as well.
    As you can see, I did not say that at all.

As you can see, I did not say that at all.
    I went back and reread your post, I see that you were not attributing that to him, just saying it was possible. Skimmed to fast. MEA CULPA!!

I went back and reread your post, I see that you were not attributing that to him, just saying it was possible. Skimmed to fast. MEA CULPA!!
    No worries.

If he was world class, I don't think anyone in there would be alive. 60 seconds is a long time to be shooting without anyone returning fire.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    When you have a roomfull of people, packed together closely, and not returning fire, not much aiming is needed. He could (and I imagine, did) just point and spray. I believe anybody who has done enough shooting to be able to reload with any speed at all could have fired that many rounds in that amount of time. It is such a shame that nobody there had a gun to return fire and put this subhuman scum down when he first started shooting.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    When you have a roomfull of people, packed together closely, and not returning fire, not much aiming is needed. He could (and I imagine, did) just point and spray. I believe anybody who has done enough shooting to be able to reload with any speed at all could have fired that many rounds in that amount of time. It is such a shame that nobody there had a gun to return fire and put this subhuman scum down when he first started shooting.
    Gonzo
    Agreed!!

Sponsored Links