GOOD: Man Defends His Home (Literally) From Drunk Driver - Los Osos, CA

This is a discussion on GOOD: Man Defends His Home (Literally) From Drunk Driver - Los Osos, CA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Suspected Drunk Driver Shot In The Arm By Home Owner | KEYT.com - News, Weather, Sports for Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Ventura, ...

Thread: GOOD: Man Defends His Home (Literally) From Drunk Driver - Los Osos, CA

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Suspected Drunk Driver Shot In The Arm By Home Owner | KEYT.com - News, Weather, Sports for Santa Barbara, Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Ventura, Oxnard | KEYT Headlines

Los Osos, CA-- San Luis Obispo Sheriff's Deputies and officers with the California Highway Patrol are investigating a bizarre incident that left one homeowner cleaning up a mess and sent a 18-year-old driver to the hospital with a gunshot wound.

Sheriff Investigators are trying to figure out why Los Osos' resident Chris Saletta shot 18-year-old Nicole Galvez in the arm.

According to Saletta, Galvez plowed her PT Cruiser through Saletta's fence and into the backyard of his home on the 2000 block of Sombrero Road. Saletta says, he awoke to find Galvez driving her car wildly through his back yard and he was forced to shoot her because he thought she would crash her car into his children's bedroom.

Saletta told investigators, the female driver of of the Cruiser collided with a water well pump, ran over his kids bikes and hit the rear porch support to his home. Saletta called 911 to report the rampage then armed himself and tried to approach Galvez.

According to Saletta, Galvez refused to get out of her car and continued to drive towards Saletta's home. Saletta said, fearing for his families safety, he then fired one round from a .22 caliber rifle through the passenger side of the car. He told investigators he fired the shot because Galvez was headed straight for his children's bedroom.

The Cruiser came to an abrupt stop after Saletta fired the shot. Saletta wounded Galvez with a single shot to her upper arm.

Galvez was taken to Sierra Vista Hospital, was treated then arrested on suspicion of drunk driving.

A preliminary investigation by the Sheriff's Department reveals that Saletta lawfully fired his weapon in self-defense.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Suspicion of drunk driving?
    Ya' think?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

"Sheriff Investigators are trying to figure out why Los Osos' resident Chris Saletta shot 18-year-old Nicole Galvez in the arm."

That comment irked me when i read it, Mr. Saletta was defending himself and his family against a person who was driving wildly in his own backyard.
    "It is better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep."
    - Italian proverb

Mr Saletta, being that he lives in Kommefornia, will probably be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, discharging a fire arm in city limits, attempted murder, disturbing the peace and God know what else. Personally, I think he did the right thing.
    "Brains before Bullets"

She's lucky he only used a .22 rifle! But if that's the only weapon I had, I would have done the same thing.
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

Sponsored Links