Hot lead enema

This is a discussion on Hot lead enema within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; State senator Tim Sheldon in Washington state comment, see below. Senator defends comments about residents being well-armed By Brad Shannon / The Olympian Published April ...

Thread: Hot lead enema

Hot lead enema

State senator Tim Sheldon in Washington state comment, see below.

Senator defends comments about residents being well-armed

By Brad Shannon / The Olympian

Published April 10, 2009

State Sen. Tim Sheldon of rural Potlatch, no stranger to public controversy, has stirred another pot with comments that people in his 35th district are well-armed and willing to shoot intruders.

He repeated his reference to intruders getting a “hot lead enema” Friday morning in the wings of the Senate.

Sheldon, a Democrat, had told the Shelton-Mason County Journal weekly newspaper earlier this week that he thinks the county’s well-armed residents can better withstand budget cuts to police services than residents in other counties.

“There is no bag limit,” he told reporter Kevan Moore. “There’s always an open season on criminals in Mason County. … I think the Mason County citizens are very well aware of how to protect themselves in a situation that might need a response.”

Sheriff Casey Salisbury told the Journal he found Sheldon’s remark inappropriate, adding that he doesn’t want to promote vigilantism.

Sheldon serves a dual role as an elected Mason County commissioner. He and two other county commissioners have favored cuts of more than $380,000 to the sheriff’s office budget. The sheriff apparently has been chafing at the reductions.

Sheldon denied Friday that he is urging people to take the law into their own hands, and he claimed that news reports, including Seattle-area television accounts, already are “driving some criminals back to Pierce and King counties.”

“Our sheriff thinks we’re a magnet for crime, because we’re a rural county. My point is our citizens are probably better armed than any other county. So the message is, don’t attempt a home invasion in Mason County or you may get a hot Mason County lead enema,” Sheldon said.

Sheldon insisted Friday that the sheriff’s office has enough money to keep the community safe. He said the county is getting $77,000 in federal stimulus funds and could get other resources.

He also said he usually finds himself in the middle of a ruckus each session. Most years, it seems, it’s his bucking of fellow Democrats on budget matters that gets him in trouble with his colleagues, some of whom question his loyalty to the party.
    Last edited by QKShooter; April 11th, 2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: cleanup

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    So the message is, don’t attempt a home invasion in Mason County or you may get a hot Mason County lead enema,”
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

I think the Sheriff needs a reality check,he cannot keep people safe no matter how big a budget he has,all he can do at best is respond to the scene of a crime a little faster.I believe the Senator is more right on than most people in government,the only way to help insure your security is to be armed and willing to stop a threat
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by raevan View Post
    Sheriff Casey Salisbury told the Journal he found Sheldon’s remark inappropriate, adding that he doesn’t want to promote vigilantism.
    Vigilantism means operating outside the law to exact some sort of revenge against a criminal. Self-defense is not vigilantism. The sheriff needs to have his brain checked.

Sheldon insisted Friday that the sheriff’s office has enough money to keep the community safe. He said the county is getting $77,000 in federal stimulus funds and could get other resources.
    He needs to pull his head out.

Money doesn't keep me safe.

Sheriffs and police don't either, particularly when they're called and arrive AFTER a crime has already concluded. My recognition of this fact (and the resulting action I take) isn't vigilantism, Mr. Sheriff. It's wisdom and simple realism.

I keep me safe. In the middle of an attack or crime being perpetrated against me or my family, I keep me safe ... not some law enforcement contingent 10mins away.

... some of whom question his loyalty to the party.
    The party is over. It hasn't represented the People for a few decades now. Kudos to the politician for daring to stand up, like a brazen whack-a-mole. More power to him, to state truths.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'm all for increased 'health care'...

Hot lead enimas can serve as a healthy response to home invasions (in my book).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I like this guy!

Alternate

Copper-Lead Injection Therepy is my favorite.
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

Cuts To Mason Co. Sheriff's Office: Criminals 'Expect A Lead Enema'

i don't know about this Tim Sheldon, but i know i like him.

Cuts To Mason Co. Sheriff's Office: Criminals 'Expect A Lead Enema' - Seattle News Story - KIRO Seattle

MASON COUNTY, Wash. -- Mason County Commissioner Tim Sheldon said a budget crisis means the sheriff will have cut $382,000 from its budget which the sheriff said could mean up to five deputies yanked off the road.

The commissioner said he's confident Mason County residents can defend themselves from criminals if necessary.

"It's always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there is no bag limit," Sheldon said.

Sheriff's officials said they believe commissioners need to reconsider the cuts to the sheriff’s office and not condone vigilantes.

"We're just not a community of vigilantism, and no responsible politician is going to encourage vigilantism," said Dean Byrd of the Mason County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheldon said he's just warning criminals that people in Mason County have guns and know how to use them.

"You might expect a lead enema. I'm telling you, people in Mason County are fed up with crime. They know how to protect themselves," Sheldon said.

Residents don’t want to see any cuts to the sheriff’s office but said they are prepared to defend themselves if it comes to that.

"It's not a question of if you are going to have to but when you are going to have to," said Mason County resident Ron Adams.

Sheldon is also a state senator. Despite his comments, he said he does not want people to take the law into their own hands.

we need more responsible leadership for responsible citizens
    Never approach a Bull from the front , a Horse from the rear or a Fool from any direction!

Vigilantes?

How do politician turn a citizen, who is doing nothing but protecting his rights/family, into a vigilante. No where in this piece did the Sheriff recomend or condone taking the law into their own hands, only that the residents of Mason county know how to protect themselves.

The insidiousness of our liberal media is relentless. DON'T let them spread this drivel without consequences. Why are so many newspapers going out of business? Because they quit being "newspapers" and started being "opinion pieces" and enough of us on the right side got tired of reading it. If we support these biased pieces of garbage, we lose.
    Be prepared

VIP Member
    I'd vote for him.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

The Senator's statement was classic. I bet you the crime rate in his district/county dropped by 50% immediately after he said it. We need a few of those democrats in NC.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Sounds like a winner to me.

Tim Sheldon 2012!

Links