Our secretary's daughter's workplace was robbed at gunpoint last night...

This is a discussion on Our secretary's daughter's workplace was robbed at gunpoint last night... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Our secretary's daughter works at Factory Card & Party Outlet ; it's located between a Walmart Superstore and Dick's Sporting Goods just across Gunbarrel Rd ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our secretary's daughter's workplace was robbed at gunpoint last night...

Senior Moderator

Our secretary's daughter's workplace was robbed at gunpoint last night...

Our secretary's daughter works at Factory Card & Party Outlet; it's located between a Walmart Superstore and Dick's Sporting Goods just across Gunbarrel Rd (Yep, Gunbarrel Rd.) from Hamilton Place Mall.

I don't have many details, but at 9:00pm last night, armed persons came in and robbed the store. This would be considered a very safe area.

Our secretary said her daughter was really shaken up and isn't over it yet - I can understand that.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    This has been more and more common around here too. There are certain areas of town that this is the norm, now its crazy. The parts of town where this was rare is not so much anymore.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm glad she's OK (I'm assuming so).

We're having the same experience here in the Seattle area that Sixto mentioned. Crime is spreading out.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Senior Moderator
    It is getting crazy - I see another shooting post, a hospital in CA, is posted now.

In that particular report, the LEO spokesperson said, "This is becoming a national trend, probably because of the tension that's going on in our society today."

At least a CA LEO didn't blame the availability of guns. He's probably pretty accurate about tension - a lot of stuff happening all at once. I think all of us buying guns and ammo are anticipating the impact increasing tension is going to produce.

People out of jobs still have to feed their families, some will revert to robbery and violence.

This is beginning to be the case everywhere. Anyone who walks around in condition white, even while home, is a victim waiting to make the news.

I hear of those, "I can't believe it happened here." stories all the time. I just shake my head and remind myself that there are no 'safe' places. Even my wife () now makes comments about how bad things seem to be getting and how ending these BG careers () is the thing to do. She even asked my WHY did they decide to bring that 4th pirate to trial, why not make him walk the plank. (The lady has done a 180'.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I stress this to my peers but all i get is the "ypur paranoid" rant.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Our secretary's daughter works at Factory Card & Party Outlet; it's located between a Walmart Superstore and Dick's Sporting Goods just across Gunbarrel Rd (Yep, Gunbarrel Rd.) from Hamilton Place Mall.
    And please, what STATE would that be located in???

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post

I don't have many details, but at 9:00pm last night, armed persons came in and robbed the store. This would be considered a very safe area.

Our secretary said her daughter was really shaken up and isn't over it yet - I can understand that.
    My Lady works at the Chic-Fil-A on Gunbarrel. That's all I need is another reason to worry about her till I get home. (Heaven help the person who hurts her.)

I'm glad your secretary's daughter is alright. It's a testament to how daring and unsuspecting the BGs can be if they are willing to rob a store in Hamilton Place. That is a high concentration area for LEOs.

Stay vigilant.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." ~Thomas Jefferson~

"...Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." ~Nehemiah 4:14~

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    And please, what STATE would that be located in???
    Tennessee.

"...Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." ~Nehemiah 4:14~

And hamilton place mall is a free victim zone, so be careful folks.

Quote Originally Posted by dralarms View Post
    And hamilton place mall is a free victim zone, so be careful folks.
    Is it really a gun-free zone?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSig View Post
    Hamliton Place Mall is.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSig View Post
    Yes, as is most other malls in east TN. They won't provide you security but won't let you protect yourself either.

Shoot, Bradly square mall in Cleveland is even posted at the entrances to the parking lot.

I carry at Hamilton Place Mall anytime I'm there. Their postings are too small to be seen and not at every door. All they can do is ask you to leave which I will do never to return. Unfortunately that area has a lot of crime. Dick's Sporting goods was robbed last year. The BofA was held up and robber caught last year. My wife used to work in that area and there are lots of car burglaries. For people familiar with Chattanooga the Hamilton Place area is turning into Brainerd.

I had no idea that Hamilton Place Mall was a GFZ. And I LOOK for posted signs, guess I'll have to look harder. Just as well I guess, I do NOT like that place. Sears is really the only place in the mall I go to.

Now I'm frustrated.

I've had my truck broken into, robbed, and vandalized 3 times in that area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links