It is getting bad close to home.

This is a discussion on It is getting bad close to home. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Texarkana sees fourth homicide in 14 days Teen found shot in the head; girlfriend arrested By Lori Dunn Texarkana Gazette Texarkana, Texas, Police Department is ...

Thread: It is getting bad close to home.

Thumbs down It is getting bad close to home.

Texarkana sees fourth homicide in 14 days

Teen found shot in the head; girlfriend arrested

By Lori Dunn Texarkana Gazette

Texarkana, Texas, Police Department is working its fourth homicide in 14 days after a 19-year-old man was fatally shot in the head Thursday at Stevens Courts on West 15th Street.
    Cornelius Douglas Aaron was found shortly before noon on the living room floor of the apartment with a gunshot wound to the head, said Sgt. Shawn Fitzgerald, police spokesman.
    Police found the victim after responding to a call about shots fired. They began a death investigation and a few hours later arrested Nikita Smith, 21, the victimís girlfriend.
    Smith has been arrested on a charge of murder and booked into the Bi-State Justice Building jail. Bail had not been set as of late Thursday.
    The victim was pronounced dead atCHRISTUS St. Michael Health Center The body will be sent to Dallas for an autopsy.
    A large crowd gathered outside the apartment as police worked the scene
    The victimís mother was in the crowd and cried out for her son.
    ďThatís my baby. Heís my baby.Ē
    Smith was also in the crowd.
    Texas-side police detectives have worked a rash of homicides in recent weeks.On Saturday, neighbors found Dennis Rambo, 56, dead inside his home in the 200 block of MacArthur Street. Foul play is suspected but no arrests have been made.
    Two days before, on April 9, 21-year-old Christopher Freeman, a veteran of the Iraq war, was arrested for the death of his wife, Kayla Lea Freeman, 21. His arrest followed a fivehour standoff at an apartment complex on Summerhill Road.
    On April 2, the body of Kimberly Alisa Wiley, 45, was found inside a house in the 400 block of Melton Street in the Beverly community. No arrests have been made.
    I am hoping this will get the wife to start carrying more often. She is not as good about it as I would like her to be.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

It's not just in your neck of the woods, it's everywhere.
    It has made my wife much more responsive to CCW, but still not as much as I would expect. If I ask about her sidearm, she asks if I have mine (which I always do), then she just says, "We're OK."

I do see a definite change in her attitude towards BG's though...she's beginning to sound a little like Ted Nugent.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

It has made my wife much more responsive to CCW, but still not as much as I would expect. If I ask about her sidearm, she asks if I have mine (which I always do), then she just says, "We're OK."
    Yes, the same thing goes on with my dear mother. Dad and I have been trying to convince her of the necessity of arming herself, but she doesn't want to bother. She's all for carry and 2A rights, but she isn't concerned with doing it herself.

Even after the shootings in Lansdowne near here. . .
    Life is about choices. One who chooses to attack without cause has also chosen to accept whatever defensive measures his target has readied. If this includes violence and death, so be it.

G26--->Supertuck

It can be hard to get through to my wife sometimes also. She's real good about carrying when out and about. It's kind of spotty around the house, just have to keep encouraging her.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

I do see a definite change in her attitude towards BG's though...she's beginning to sound a little like Ted Nugent.

Yep, same response I get, well you always have yours.

We are together 90% of the time, but it would still make me feel better to have her armed as well.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Well add one more to the number. That makes 5 homicides in 21 days.

Anyone got any vests cheap?
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Moderator
    Anyone got any vests cheap?
    Ebay.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

At least she doesn't LOOK like Uncle Ted, RetSupt.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    bulletproofme.com. Funky name, but it's a serious site. Good to daydream over if nothing else.

As far as crime goes, the wave hasn't hit my neck of the woods yet, but I fully expect it to. Been noticing a lot more vacant/for-sale properties lately. The times, they are a'changing.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

things are getting crazy out there, watch your back
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Links