Bounty Hunter shot at

This is a discussion on Bounty Hunter shot at within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; stoopid is as stoopid does....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bounty Hunter shot at

stoopid is as stoopid does.

2. Remove Ads

BG shoulda spent more time at the range. Sorry, but I would feel no pain if little Dewwy Chapman got shot. Guy is about nothing but money and making him and his disgusting wife famous.

Quote Originally Posted by SYKO View Post
    Man, I was wondering how long it was going to take for them to get shot at. Running around with those black "tacticool" paintball guns, and their crazy tactics. It's like some kind of game.

I found their pic, right here ..
    ROFL, one of the best episodes ever!
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    I like Rugergirl's idea. Change the thread title. Dog is a moron.

Northern Piedmont of Va. & Middle of Nowhere, W.Va.
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I think It's pretty stupid to be running around with a paintball gun trying to apprehend violent criminals,but he's a convicted felon so he can't carry a real gun
    I was thinking yesterday of an incident that happened a long time ago while driving through Fairfax Co., Va. I was confronted by a motorcycle cop dressed in his black motorcycle leather (i.e., not a police uniform - and before we get into a fuss about that, a uni-form means a single mode of attire, if there's more than one suit then there is, by definition, no uniform; and Virginia law requires a single uniform). Btw, he had taken his helmet off, so there was no way to immediately identify him as a cop.

The cop was standing in the middle of a lane of traffic on the side of a hill, such that it was not possible to see him until you're right up on him. On a 45 mph road. As if that were not stupid enough, he was had a hand-held radar gun waiting for people to come over the hill at excessive speeds. He was holding the radar gun in a position that you'd use for target shooting with a real gun, and to the casual observer there would have been no reason to think he was not aiming a real gun at the motorists.

What occurred to me yesterday (don't know why I didn't think of this earlier) was that anyone showing up on the scene would have been justified in shooting him dead. He gave every appearance of threatening motorists with an imminent threat of serious bodily injury. That's all that's required under the self defense / defense of innocent third parties affirmative defense.

It would also subject that cop and the county to a civil suit for assault.

The key point here is exactly the same as what the cops usually use to justify a bad shooting - the reasonable belief, based on objective fact, and held in good faith, that the person shot was in possesion of a weapon and threatening another person with an immediate serious bodily injury. Hence cops shooting people for pulling cell phones out of their pockets. Same principle.

So it may be that Nguyen shot at Duane having reason to think that Duane was threatening him with serious bodily injury. Unless and until a person (be they cop, bounty hunter, federal agent, or just plain folks) finds himself threatened with serious bodily injury, pulling a gun out is assault with a deadly weapon, and a good way to get killed out of a desire for legitimate self defense.

It mystifies me that more cops don't get killed the way you see them waving guns around at people on those crime-drama reality TV shows. Until there's a threat, the offer of deadly force is absolutely unlawful, and it don't make a spit's worth of difference who you are.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

Nothing I say as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice. Legal questions should be presented to a competent attorney licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Calling Dog Chapman an idiot or moron is a real slap in the face to idiots and morons. He's so far below them, I'm not sure the words to describe him actually exist. However, I believe the "paintball" guns they use are actually something like these.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I know he is not liked in the BEA industry. I have chased many people over the years but how hard is it to find somebody on an island. These people do not have enough money to get off the island. Shooting fish in a barrel.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "BEA" mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but what does "BEA" mean?
    Bail Enforcement Agent
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Ah. Thank you.

Kinda funny but as I was leaving my house today,I noticed a car parked with a guy behind the wheel on the street.As I rode past on my Bike I scoped him out and figured out he was doing surveillance,as I stopped at the Stop sign another car with a spotlight mounted came around the corner and as he passed the other car the guy took off behind him.I figured they found somebody who jumped bail and were about to ruin his day.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Charge me at night with a paintball gun dressed in black...can you say "Flashback"?
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

They are actually "less lethal" weapons with OC balls in them and bean bags and stuff. But I agree that they do some pretty over the top stuff. Pretty much idiots...even though they do wear body armor.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Calling Dog Chapman an idiot or moron is a real slap in the face to idiots and morons. He's so far below them, I'm not sure the words to describe him actually exist. However, I believe the "paintball" guns they use are actually something like these.

Hoss
    Point taken
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Its all about money, I have better use for a turd in a T bowl! Why do people watch this BS on TV?

R/S Lego

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links