Murder caught on video in lumberton NC.

This is a discussion on Murder caught on video in lumberton NC. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is just sad. This is why I carry every day in this town!!! The video will make you mad as all getout! Killed this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Murder caught on video in lumberton NC.

Murder caught on video in lumberton NC.

This is just sad. This is why I carry every day in this town!!! The video will make you mad as all getout! Killed this poor guy for nothing!! I hope they fry!

The Robesonian - Lumberton, NC - News, Sports, Classifieds, Businesses, Events, Robeson County

Murder caught on video
    by Stephanie S. Beecher, Staff Writer22 hrs ago | 3208 views | 3 | 64 | |
    download Video Rozier
    slideshow slideshow slideshow slideshow slideshow
    view slideshow (5 images) PREV NEXT

<< >> LUMBERTON — Police are searching for two people in the murder of a 46-year-old Lumberton man outside of an ATM machine early Tuesday. They can be seen in video footage provided by State Employees Credit Union officials.

Charles Rozier was talking to a woman on a cell phone when he was shot in what police believe was a botched robbery, according to Lt. Johnny Barnes of the Lumberton Police Department.

Rozier, of the 1400 block of Regan Church Road, died inside his vehicle from a single shot to his chest. Police said his wallet — and cash — were not stolen.

The homicide occurred outside of Brandon’s Quick Check at 1925 E. Fifth St.

Barnes said the robbery attempt and the shooting were both caught on tape.

“The footage shows two people walking up to Rozier’s truck. One of the guys opens the driver’s side door, and a second person steps into the door way,” Barnes said. “You can see them talking and then the second person backs away. The first suspect then raises what we believe to be the firearm and then you can see Rozier falling over. Then the suspects turned around and ran.”

The time stamp on the receipt showed that Rozier took out money from the State Employee Credit Union Cashpoints machine at 2:11 a.m. He was approached by the assailants at 2:21 a.m.

“We don’t really have a description of the suspects,” Barnes said. “One of them looks like a small person. It could be a woman, for all we know.”

According to Barnes, a woman police have declined to identify told investigators that she was talking to Rozier on his cell phone when he was killed.

“The woman said she heard Rozier tell someone to ‘get away,’ and leave him alone, before she heard what she described as a scuffle,” Barnes said. “She then heard a loud noise — like a bang — and the phone went dead.”

The woman called 23-year-old Jeffery English of Oakridge Boulevard, who found Rozier slumped over in the front seat at about 2:30 a.m. Barnes said English then flagged down a state trooper, who placed a call to 911.

English could not be reached.

Barnes said Rozier was married, but separated, and was the father of a 10-year-old son. He was self-employed and worked as a farmer with a relative.

Police say they do not know why Rozier was at the gas station or where he was headed. Rozier had visited a friend in the area at about 9:30 p.m. Monday and may have been returning, Barnes said.

Barnes said Rozier’s cell phone was recovered and that they expect to conduct more interviews.

“Some tips have come in that we’re following up on as well,” Barnes said.

Autopsy results from the Medical Examiners Office in Chapel Hill are expected Thursday.
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

2. Remove Ads

I totally agree.

But why sit at an ATM and chat on the phone.

Why was his door unlocked?
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see.
    -Ronald Reagan-

Any time....anywhere. It's all about the SA.

Sit at an ATM and you might as well put a "ROB ME" sign in the window.
    2A is not negotiable

Senseless. I understand what everyone is saying about sitting at an ATM not being that bright but let's not lose sight of the fact that he is dead... murdered. He is the victim. It is a free country and he should be able to pull over and talk on his cell whenever he wants. I can even understand what he may have been thinking... "I need to pull over and make a call... there is a lit up parking lot with ATM cameras over there... I should be safe.". Of course he should have gone to a gas station or better yet, not ever even pulled over but c'mon, the poor guy is gone.

Like LeCalsey said, anytime, anywhere. That is why we carry.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetchuck View Post
    I totally agree.

But why sit at an ATM and chat on the phone.

Why was his door unlocked?
    +1 ,this was all about bad choices
    Bad SA
    ATM at night
    door unlock
    talking on a cell phone in a parking lot at night
    That guy was not thinking at all.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

I was not trying to sound uncaring. It was a senseless act of cowardess. It is a shame but even my grandmother (GRHS) told me to never hang out near a bank for that very reason. It does suck though
    2A is not negotiable

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    Senseless. I understand what everyone is saying about sitting at an ATM not being that bright but let's not lose sight of the fact that he is dead... murdered. He is the victim. It is a free country and he should be able to pull over and talk on his cell whenever he wants. I can even understand what he may have been thinking... "I need to pull over and make a call... there is a lit up parking lot with ATM cameras over there... I should be safe.". Of course he should have gone to a gas station or better yet, not ever even pulled over but c'mon, the poor guy is gone.

I understand what you are saying, but this IS what separates
    the sheep from the sheepdog.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Nothing good is going to happen at an atm after 2am.
    I wonder if the person on the other end of the phone was also on the other end of the gun? 2am.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHorn View Post
    Nothing good is going to happen at an atm after 2am.
    I wonder if the person on the other end of the phone was also on the other end of the gun? 2am.
    O now your just being

Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post

You said it! I'm so mad about this. It happened not a mile from my kids day care. This poor guy died for nothing. Some punk just shot him in cold blood. I pray for his family. Just sad.........

Being aware of your surroundings may just keep you out of the battle in the first place...

Where are you?
    Should you be there?
    Do your business and leave...
    Who is moving around you?
    Are you in 'white' or 'yellow'?
    Do you have a plan to kill anyone you meet?

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There is no upside to this at all other than we can all take it as a call to stay alert and learn from the poor guys mistakes. Sounds like they're not too hot on catching those repsonsible either. Hope something breaks and they get them.
    Sarge
    Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

Arrest made in ATM murder!!!!!!!!!!!!! They got one of them!!! Great job.....thanks lumberton police!!!!

Very cool! I guess they were playing the cards close to the chest. Glad to hear they go tone of them. Hope the other follows shortly.
    Sarge
    Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

where is your ATM

With all the places that are safer than a closed bank at night it is surprising that people still go there instead of something like a convience store that is well lighted and populated most of the time. I know these places get hit a lot too but it still is much better than the alternative. But like someone said - nothing good happens at an ATM at 2 am
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links