Breaking News: MIAMI - Page 2

Breaking News: MIAMI

This is a discussion on Breaking News: MIAMI within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here it is thanks to newly promoted RESEARCH RANGER BobCat: NORTH MIAMI ARMED ASSAILANT IS SHOT BY VICTIM An armed assailant bent on robbing a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking News: MIAMI

Here it is thanks to newly promoted RESEARCH RANGER BobCat:

NORTH MIAMI
    ARMED ASSAILANT IS SHOT BY VICTIM
    An armed assailant bent on robbing a man near a North Miami gas station Tuesday chose the wrong victim -- an armed one -- and paid with his life.
    An unidentified man with a gun approached Smith Phillips, 22, near the BP station at 14725 W. Dixie Hwy. around 4 a.m. Tuesday, according to Miami-Dade Police Department spokeswoman Nelda Fonticiella. But Phillips was able to pull his own weapon and shoot the man, Fonticiella said.
    The assailant got into a waiting car, which sped him to Parkway Regional Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. Police Tuesday night provided no information on the car or its driver.

Miami-Dade police spokesman Detective Roy Rutland said instances of armed victims successfully defending themselves against armed assailants are fairly rare. Ex: What a pantload of CRAP! I'm going to quote this one in a letter to the Miami Herald which they probably won't publish. But I'll feel better.

No charges will be filed against Phillips.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    "No charges will be filed against Phillips." That SHOULD read "No charges can be filed against Phillips."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    I'm going to quote this one in a letter to the Miami Herald which they probably won't publish. But I'll feel better.
    Do me a favor, ask then how come with the Herald's No-Guns-Allowed-In-Premises did Telee kill himself inside their building. I thought that kind of stuff did not happen when you have policies liike that.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Coverage Update: I just had breakfast with my mother and I commented her about this case and how little if any coverage it had. She told me that she saw it covered quite well in the Spanish Speaking channels of Miami. She said that a full description of the subject was given and also that the GG had a CCW.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I'm probably just fantasizing but I'd like to see victims suing their state and local pols where anti-gun laws prohibit them from legally protecting themselves.

In Mao-Tse-Chusetts, for instance, they could call it the "Ted's Car Law" where you can legally shoot out Ted Kennedy's tires if he starts to swerve into you after losing consciousness". Then again, you can't lose consciousness if you aren't conscious to begin with. LOL!

jAK-47

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    I'm pretty sure in TN, that you cannot be sued (civil) as a result of a justified shooting.

You are correct sir....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Utah has a Castle Doctrine as well. Helps me sleep better at night knowing I don't have to run into my back room then shoot (like California) but can take care of business wherever I find the perp.
    "Never turn your back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!"
    -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by chiefs-special-guy
    Please keep us advised. I do not understand how politicians benefit from prosecuting decent folks and standing up for criminals. It certainly wouldn't get you elected dog catcher here (in Alabama).
    God Bless
    If the shooting crosses racial or ethnic lines, there are often large groups of constituents who are more interested in having the person with the race matching theirs "win" than in finding out who the actual bad guy is. This works both ways.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    That is correct Tangle, however it can be iffy proving justified in some cases....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links