GOOD: Man Turns The Tables On Armed Carjacker - Tucson, AZ

This is a discussion on GOOD: Man Turns The Tables On Armed Carjacker - Tucson, AZ within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man shoots woman, foils carjacking, police say | www.azstarnet.com ® A woman who tried to carjack a man at gunpoint outside a North Side Walgreens ...

Thread: GOOD: Man Turns The Tables On Armed Carjacker - Tucson, AZ

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD: Man Turns The Tables On Armed Carjacker - Tucson, AZ

Man shoots woman, foils carjacking, police say | www.azstarnet.com ®

A woman who tried to carjack a man at gunpoint outside a North Side Walgreens early Thursday was shot and wounded by the man, police said.
    The man called police around 12:30 a.m. to report he had just shot one of two women who tried to take his car as he waited in the pharmacy drive-through near East Grant and North Swan roads, said Sgt. Fabian Pacheco, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.
    Pacheco gave this account:
    The 26-year-old man, whose name was not released, had just left Tucson Medical Center and went to fill a prescription.
    When he drove back to the drugstore to check on his prescription, two women came up to his car. One was armed with a gun.
    The woman tried to shoot the man, but he pulled his own gun while she was trying to pull the trigger. Her gun didn't fire for an unknown reason.
    The man fired his gun twice. One shot grazed her head, and the other struck her in the shoulder.
    The woman fell to the ground, and the man took her gun away.
    He drove away and called police from a convenience store at East Pima Street and North Craycroft Road.
    The wounded woman, whose name was not released, was found at the Walgreens. She was taken to a hospital, where she remained Thursday night.
    The suspect is expected to recover and will face charges upon her release from the hospital. The other woman was found a short distance away. She will not face any charges, Pacheco said.
    Just goes to show you can't trust anyone anymore, including a couple of women approaching you. I wonder why the second woman isn't facing any charges? In exchange for testimony maybe?
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Man, cant trust woman approaching you anymore? Thats a drag lol cause it doesnt happen very often! Dont tell my wife i said that lol.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    This story is weird on a number of levels. First, it happened less than a mile from where I live. Anytime, anywhere. We have a lot of crime in Tucson but much of it is on the southside, where the drug dealers, gangs, and illegals are commonplace.

The man successfully defended himself. Why didn't he just drive away? I doubt there was a line at the drive through at midnight (I'm not even sure the drive through is open at that hour. I'll check on it. It is a 24 hour Walgreens.)

After he shot the woman why didn't he drive away then? He got out and took the gun away? Why didn't he simply call 911 at the scene? Or go inside the store and call from there? Why did he drive 1 1/2 miles away when there are numerous places along his route?

Why wasn't the other woman charged when she was caught?

Hmmm female car jackers... whouda thunk it?
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Bravo!!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Thanks CT-Mike,
    Actually, the two gals used a good criminal scenario by attempting to catch a citizen off guard. They being two young women; approach a vehicle that is stopped at an unsuspecting location, and is pretty much off the beaten path. This post is a very good lesson on situational awareness. Criminals are always coming up with new ideas.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

B52
    I am glad it ended in a good outcome. SelfDefense, it's sad how crime is everywhere in Tucson these days. Machete attacks in the same area a year ago, serial stabber on the eastside a few weeks ago, home invasions north, west, east, and south daily. I go to the Walgreens on Craycroft and 22nd and am always prepared to defend myself when going thru the drive through. I really love this town, but I am putting in for orders to Korea again...I have had enough and it’s time to move on.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B52 View Post
    I am glad it ended in a good outcome. SelfDefense, it's sad how crime is everywhere in Tucson these days. Machete attacks in the same area a year ago, serial stabber on the eastside a few weeks ago, home invasions north, west, east, and south daily. I go to the Walgreens on Craycroft and 22nd and am always prepared to defend myself when going thru the drive through. I really love this town, but I am putting in for orders to Korea again...I have had enough and it’s time to move on.
    Did they ever get the serial stabber?

Good luck in Korea and thank you for your service.

B52
    I heard they got the east side stabber a few weeks ago in a Walmart parking lot, but that was from a few Airmen at my squadron's smoke pit....

Stay aware - anyone could be a threat.

Not much diference between male and female dirtbags these days.

Stay armed...sex has nothing to do with it...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links