GOOD: Wife Does What Had To Be Done - Winter Haven, FL

This is a discussion on GOOD: Wife Does What Had To Be Done - Winter Haven, FL within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wife shoots husband in self-defense, Winter Haven police say | NewsChief.com | News Chief | Winter Haven, FL WINTER HAVEN - A local woman's act ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOOD: Wife Does What Had To Be Done - Winter Haven, FL

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Wife shoots husband in self-defense, Winter Haven police say | NewsChief.com | News Chief | Winter Haven, FL

WINTER HAVEN - A local woman's act of self-defense might have saved her life and the lives of four family members, the Winter Haven Police Department reported.

Click to enlarge
    Troy A. Christoff, 34, of Winter Haven, is charged with five counts of attempted first-degree murder with a firearm.
    Polk County Jail photo (2006)

According to police, a Winter Haven man who threatened early Tuesday to shoot and kill members of his family instead was shot by his wife.

The man, 34-year-old Troy A. Christoff, was treated for multiple gunshot wounds at Lakeland Regional Medical Center, according to a police report. He was charged with five counts of attempted first-degree murder with a firearm and, after being released from the hospital under police custody, was booked without bond into the Polk County Jail in Bartow.

According to the report, Winter Haven police responded around 4 a.m. Tuesday to a reported shooting at 1121 Seventh St., S.W., the home of Troy and Dawn Christoff. When they arrived, police discovered that Troy Christoff had been shot multiple times with a 9mm handgun. The shooter was identified as his wife, 35-year-old Dawn Christoff.

Witness statements and an examination of physical evidence indicate that Troy Christoff intended to shoot several members of his family who lived with him, according to the police report. Prior to the shooting, he had armed himself with a handgun and begun to load the weapon, stating which member of his family each bullet was intended for.

When the handgun was loaded, Troy Christoff raised the weapon and pointed it at his wife, according to the report. The wife, who had armed herself with another handgun to protect herself and other family members, fired multiple shots at her husband, striking him several times.

Troy Christoff was airlifted to the Lakeland hospital to be treated for his gunshot wounds.

According to Polk County Jail records, Troy Christoff has been arrested on four previous occasions going back to July 2004. Past charges included battery, disorderly intoxication, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, possession of methamphetamine, possession of cannabis, driving under the influence and violation of parole.

Police considered the shooting to be an act of self-defense, but detectives are still investigating, according to the report. Anyone with information to add is asked to call Detective Steve Rusich at 863-291-5304.
    Wow, what a stone-cold SOB. Telling each person which bullet was going to be theirs while loading the gun. Too bad Mr. Christoff will apparently survive his wounds.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

What is this world coming to?
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

This woman did exactly what she had to do to protect herself and her family...this is going to be tough on all family members.

Side note...
    This woman should be working at that CVS pharmacy where the pharmacist fired three shots and missed the robber...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This woman did exactly what she had to do to protect herself and her family...this is going to be tough on all family members.:
    +1 Except the only thing she did wrong was apparently miss some vital organs.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

The guy is twisted, cold, and sadistic. Good for the wife for protecting her family and herself... for the time being.

She needs to be prepared to do it again, though. A guy that twisted will be back for revenge, once he gets out of jail. And he may have learned to not be so slow in firing.

She will need to watch her back as long as this psycho is still alive.

Too bad that he survived. Sounds like a real winner. Hope she gets counseling,to learn to not get involved with people like him.

Wow, good job by the wife...

I love all these Florida stories.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

+1 grady

She was prepared.

She waited until there was a real threat... (him pointing the gun after the threats)

And stopped the threat .

Good job.

Wow, if someone threatened me and mine in such a calculated manner while displaying the means by which to carry out the threat...

End the threat means they are no longer breathing. Period.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

This sick puppy deserved everything he received. It's a sad state when these people wanted to shoot members of his own family. The Mom did exactly what she had to do to protect her children.

On a different note, I'll bet that this story will NEVER be used as an example of someone using a handgun in a legal manner. The main stream media as well as the "Brady Foundation" don't seem to find these stories credible enough.

It never ceases to amaze me all the same. The BF finds many stories of people who use handguns in illegal situations. They just don't want to recognize the cases where law abiding citizens successfully protect their loved ones.

Truly amazing!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

It's all of the pharmaceuticals they are dumping in the waterways! It's making everyone crazy....Damn Government!
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

GLOCK 23..........Beretta 96..........Mossberg 500A..........Winchester 30-30..........S&W M&P

I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6!

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    What was he doing walking the streets with that kind of rap sheet? Habitual offender in possession of a firearm!

That is one brave woman. Too bad she didn't hit an artery. She'd better change her name, grabs the kids, and go into hiding.

"I'll be back."
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

There are a lot of abused women And family members who take it day after day. This is a women just did what she needed to do to protect her and the family.Too bad it wasn't a more permanent solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links