Ugly: Pittsburgh Nurse Honks At Car, Gets Shot Driving To Work

This is a discussion on Ugly: Pittsburgh Nurse Honks At Car, Gets Shot Driving To Work within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pittsburgh Nurse Honks At Car, Gets Shot Driving To Work - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh Overbrook Woman Shot On Way To Work - ...

Thread: Ugly: Pittsburgh Nurse Honks At Car, Gets Shot Driving To Work

Pittsburgh Nurse Honks At Car, Gets Shot Driving To Work - Pittsburgh News Story - WTAE Pittsburgh

Overbrook Woman Shot On Way To Work - Photos - WTAE Pittsburgh

PITTSBURGH -- Suspected home invaders shot a woman in Pittsburgh's Carrick neighborhood when she honked at them to move their car as she was leaving for work, police believe.

Police told Channel 4 Action News' Tara Edwards that the victim, Carol Jardini, was shot in her vehicle near the 200 block of Sunnyland Avenue shortly before 6 a.m. Friday.

"I was sitting on the front porch eating my breakfast and all I heard were the gunshots," said a person who did not want to be identified. "At first, I didn't know they were gunshots, and then there was just one after the other, and I heard some lady just screaming out."

Jardini was driving away from her house -- which was not the scene of the reported invasion -- when she came upon the other vehicle that was in her way, police said.

When the woman honked at the other car, two people got out and started shooting at her near the corner of Sunnyland and Stewart avenues, police said.

"It is serious. It's not critical. I believe they were saying possibly she took one to the chin and she also -- possibly blocking herself -- took one to the upper arm," Lt. Shirley Sloan said.

A police officer at the scene said Jardini was shot in the arm and possibly the chin. She was alert and talking when she was taken to UPMC Mercy Hospital.

Neighbors told Edwards that the woman is a nurse who has teenage daughters and has lived in the neighborhood for a long time.

Police said no description of the shooters is available because they were wearing ski masks, turtlenecks and gloves.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

This is a sick and frustrating world we live in. While most of the world is still asleep, Evil is running through our streets.

I hope she makes a full recovery.

I also hope these scumbags meet the justice the sorely deserve.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

I stopped honking and gesturing at others a long time ago.
    Flashing my lights at cars who left theirs off too for that matter.

If these dirtbags shot the lady for honking, I wonder what they did to the victims of the home invasion? Did she maybe mess the plan up by honking / alerting the homeowners...?
    I hope that the lady is going to be ok and that these scum meet a gruesome end,soon.

I think this sums up the fact that you ALWAYS have to be aware of your surroundings.

Hope she does well
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
    Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHorn View Post
    I stopped honking and gesturing at others a long time ago.
    Flashing my lights at cars who left theirs off too for that matter.
    Yep!
    Gotta' mind your own business when in out in public because you never know.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My horn is off limits for use now days. When people get mad and start giving me the one finger salute or yelling at me I always just smile big and wave like I know them. I figure if I act stupid like I am overly friendly it possible won't escalate the situation.
    The best preventative medicine is superior fire power.

I learned to drive in Miami (home of road rage) in the late 80's. I practically never use my horn and I never gesture either. Now, if I could just convince my wife to do the same... Maybe I should forward her this article.

This is a good example of practicing Situational Awareness at all times. Even this scenario is a tough one because who really expects that a car blocking the road at that time of the morning would be loaded with a couple of BGs. I bet most people would assume it was someone picking someone else up for a ride to work. Especially in your own neighborhood.

Sponsored Links