Car pulls up beside them, shots fired, 3 of 3 DRT

This is a discussion on Car pulls up beside them, shots fired, 3 of 3 DRT within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; DRT=dead right there Okay, I understand it was 2:30 a.m. and the victims were leaving a bar, therefore the entire situation was avoidable. But several ...

Thread: Car pulls up beside them, shots fired, 3 of 3 DRT

Car pulls up beside them, shots fired, 3 of 3 DRT

DRT=dead right there

Okay, I understand it was 2:30 a.m. and the victims were leaving a bar, therefore the entire situation was avoidable. But several things were noteworthy to me, notably the apparent lack of situational awareness by the victims, and the success of the shooters.

05/08/2009 - Police ID 3 killed after leaving St. Louis nightclub downtown - STLtoday.com

Police ID 3 killed after leaving St. Louis nightclub downtown
    By Kim Bell
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    05/08/2009

UPDATED, 4:25 p.m.

ST. LOUIS -- Three St. Louis men were shot to death in their car between Union Station and the U.S. Post Office in downtown St. Louis after leaving a nightclub in St. Louis early today.

Police identified the victims this afternoon as Allen Jones, 32, of the 3400 block of Tennessee; Dawon Moore, 27, of the 4500 block of Emerson; and Byron Blassingame, 27, of the 4900 block of Alcott.

Moore was driving the car at the time.

Police said that about 2:30 a.m. today, they were leaving a downtown nightclub called Club Society at 326 S. 21st St.

They were in an SUV, stopped at a stoplight at Market and 18th streets. Another car pulled alongside theirs, and at least two people opened fire on the SUV.

Their SUV rolled forward, stopping in front of a bus stop. The three men had been shot multiple times and were pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said it didn't have a good description of the killer's car, said police spokeswoman Erica Van Ross.

"It does appear to be a targeted incident," Van Ross said. "It certainly appears the suspects were targeting the men who were in that SUV."

Last night at Club Society, national rapper Yo Gotti performed. The club's website called it a B-Day Bash hosted by Big Terence and DJ Sir Thurl. Club managers did not immediately return phone calls to the Post-Dispatch.

Club Society's owner used to own Plush, a nightclub at 20th and Market streets in the Union Station complex that closed in 2006 after a man was shot several times and killed on the parking lot behind the club.

The victim of that murder on Nov. 12, 2006, was Charles Hogans, 22, of Dellwood. Hogans had been kicked out of the club for fighting moments earlier. The day after Hogans' murder, Plush surrendered its liquor license to the city.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 1-866-371-TIPS.

2. Remove Ads

youare right. If your SA is off, it is hard to react in any way when ambushed like that.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    You know, I do not hear of too many incidents of a car just randomly approaching another and just opening fire. Me thinks something else is going on. I think the killers knew who they were shooting. If you are being ambushed, the shooter has all the advantages. Plus, if you are inebriated, you aren't too aware of your surroundings.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Sounds like it could be Gang Related to me. JMO
    "Planning to draw and chamber a round after TSHTF is like planning to fasten your seatbelt after you see the other guy run a stopsign..."

Professional hand engraver.
    To see full picture of knife in Avatar click here

Bad things can happen anywhere, but if you go to The Bad Things Can Happen Bar...expect it.
    This was not a spur of the moment shooting, it was made ahead of time, for a reason, and with specific targets.
    No one shoots all three occupants in one vehicle for kicks...well, usually.
    There had to be prior involvement with the shooters and the victims.

Stay armed...stay out of the Bad Place Bar...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Bad stuff happens after midnight. The clubs sound like bad news too.

"It does appear to be a targeted incident," Van Ross said. "It certainly appears the suspects were targeting the men who were in that SUV."
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

I student group I'm part of is going to St. Louis in a couple of weeks. I'm not going. The reason I gave when people asked why I wasn't going? "I don't want to get shot."

Quote Originally Posted by UW Dawg View Post
    I student group I'm part of is going to St. Louis in a couple of weeks. I'm not going. The reason I gave when people asked why I wasn't going? "I don't want to get shot."
    Parts of the city are relatively safe, especially during the day. But I understand violence can happen anytime and any place.

St. Louis has some nice attractions, such as the Arch, the Botanical Gardens, the zoo, etc., which are relatively safe although you probably won't be carrying if you did make the trip.

OTOH, if the trip is going to include bar-hopping at night, or staying in a cheap hotel located in a questionable part of town, I wouldn't consider it safe.

Not criticizing your decision, nor do I blame you, just saying not every neighborhood of St. Louis is an ongoing battlefield at this time.

Ha, listen to me: I avoid St. Louis whenever I can, also.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    OTOH, if the trip is going to include bar-hopping at night, or staying in a cheap hotel located in a questionable part of town, I wouldn't consider it safe.
    Which, considering it's a group of college students, it will certainly include both.

In that case, you made a wise decision. Just remember any city can be dangerous with that kind of behavior.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    You know, I do not hear of too many incidents of a car just randomly approaching another and just opening fire. Me thinks something else is going on. I think the killers knew who they were shooting. If you are being ambushed, the shooter has all the advantages. Plus, if you are inebriated, you aren't too aware of your surroundings.
    Actually, this kind of thing happens fairly often in Los Angeles. Sure, SA may have helped although in this case, the victims were likely impaired with alcohol. As we use to say in the cop shop “nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m.”
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Actually, this kind of thing happens fairly often in Los Angeles. Sure, SA may have helped although in this case, the victims were likely impaired with alcohol. As we use to say in the cop shop “nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m.”
    Regards,
    Funny I was just thinking the same thing I guess many people have never been to LA or Oakland CA your lucky to not get shot in the middle of the day during rush hour...

Links