Police shooting in Austin, TX

This is a discussion on Police shooting in Austin, TX within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; YouTube - APD Chief speaks on officer-involved shooting APD officer shoots two, one dead | KXAN.com The folks in the car were almost certainly bad ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police shooting in Austin, TX

Police shooting in Austin, TX

YouTube - APD Chief speaks on officer-involved shooting

APD officer shoots two, one dead | KXAN.com

The folks in the car were almost certainly bad guys, but it does show how surprising police officers can turn bad very quickly.

Something to think about if you are carrying in a car in a way that an officer can spot

2. Remove Ads

he was just arrested last week in an atm robbery.cop wakes him up sleeping on side of road in car and he tries to grab a gun. what do you expect? i would have shot him too.
    i live in Austin and was not surprised of this happening in this part of town.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Wow,

Common Sense rule #1:

Reach for a gun in front of an officer, expect to be shot.

This shitbag just robbed someone last week. He should not have been on the streets.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    That sounds similar to what happened here just a couple weeks ago:
    Fake Gun Used In Eastpointe Shooting - Detroit Local News Story - WDIV Detroit
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

...Police later identified him as a suspect they'd arrested last week in connection with an ATM robbery...

Here is the problem with our 'Injustice System'...this guy should not have been out on the streets, but instead, the politicians think that more gun laws would fix this...
    Until they start keeping dirtbags locked up, the cops will have no choice but to protect themselves.

Protesters?
    Had the cop waited in his response and gotten himself killed, these same protesters would have been out in the streets cheering.

This thug deserved exactly what he got.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Sounds like nice people.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    These people probably have no respect for LEO or any authority anyway. Smashing out windows and rioting? SWAT should have used rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannons to put down their riot party. Criminals (all involved) should be dealt with accordingly.

In the hours that followed the shooting, police in riot gear tried to calm down nearly 200 people who were angry and smashing windows.
    I'm so sick of this nonsense, I can't see straight. Every time a cop is forced to shoot some dirtbag, all of his dirtbag relatives and friends come crawling out of the woodwork to cry about the poor, underprivileged youth and how the cops should have slapped the gun out of his hand instead of shooting him. Truth be told, most of this scum doesn't know or care about the dead dirbag, they are just looking for an excuse to break out a store window and steal a television or pair of tennis shoes.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    "Yolanda Shelby was also at the Walnut Creek Apartments protesting, saying she is upset another young man lost his life at the hands of APD officers."

Thats what they always say when "another young man" who happens to be a criminal is killed by police while commiting a crime.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Let me relate 2 incidents I have discussed here before.

Once I pulled over on the highway to get some sleep. I put my gun on my lap. Woke up later to see flashing lights and a Trooper at my door with his flashlight on my gun. I VERY SLOWLY put my hand on my gun and placed it on the passenger seat before I did anything else. I am very groggy when I first wake up and to this day feel very lucky I was not shot.

Another time I and 3 other security officers were working an assignment in a high crime neighborhood at night. We were at a street corner and noticed a car pulling up to groups of people who screamed, then the car pulled away. The car slowly rolled toward us. When it was about 5 feet away, a large barrel came out of the window and before we could react it was over and the car moving away. We were all wet from a water gun that looked like a shotgun in the darkness. What a weird experience drawing my gun while at the same time feeling water run across my chest.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Tough malarkey, folks....

Thats what happens when you commit crimes here in the great state of TX, people will shoot you. Especially when you try drawing a firearm of any kind on a police officer.

i'm just surprised some of the 200 protesters smashing windows didn't get shot.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

TVJ
    "Let me see, do I have the facts (as some would have you believe) straight here? Three local honor students were on their way home after going to church and then doing volunteer work at a local hospital and afterwards delivering meals to needy families when forced off the road by rogue cops who riddled their environmentally friendly car with bullets fired from illegal assault rifles killing one and injuring another who were sleeping so they could do more volunteer work. The driver was taken into custody and will be water boarded and tortured into confessing to all criminal activity in Austin for the past twelve months."

Quote Originally Posted by TVJ View Post
    "Let me see, do I have the facts (as some would have you believe) straight here? Three local honor students were on their way home after going to church and then doing volunteer work at a local hospital and afterwards delivering meals to needy families when forced off the road by rogue cops who riddled their environmentally friendly car with bullets fired from illegal assault rifles killing one and injuring another who were sleeping so they could do more volunteer work. The driver was taken into custody and will be water boarded and tortured into confessing to all criminal activity in Austin for the past twelve months."

*cough* *cough*.......yep, uh that was exactly what I was thinking!!! Only you left out the part that the young man was not reaching for a gun, he was looking for that box of doughnuts to give to the nasty policeman that were all up in his face.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I always thought Austin was a quiet place and almost moved there 5 years ago. I visit Georgetown at least three times a year and we end up in Austin quite a bit. Also Round Rock, Rudy's Barbeque, only the Texans on the site will know what I'm talking about. Rudy's moved into Norman, OK but it's nothing like the original.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

when i get pulled over i leave my hands on the steering wheel where he can see them... hence why they always keep your hands where i can see them. until he gets to the window then i tell him i have a gun in the car then usually the officer is really professional and just tells me to hand him the weopon with no sudden motion, similar circumstances have happened in three diff states and all good results, only one time i had a bad exp with a cop and that was a guy who was on his third day on the job in a little pd, new llano LA, he practically pulled me outa the car only stopping when his PTO pulled him off of me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links