It is no wonder our youths are in trouble..

This is a discussion on It is no wonder our youths are in trouble.. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; His mom is making excuses for her son bringing a sawd off shotgun to school in a bag and asking another student "do you want ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is no wonder our youths are in trouble..

His mom is making excuses for her son bringing a sawd off shotgun to school in a bag and asking another student "do you want some of this".

Instead of being horrified her son even had a shotgun she makes excuses and says he is a good boy, just kind of lost.
    Here is a piece of the article.

Teen Accused Of Bringing Loaded, Sawed-Off Shotgun To School

Posted: 5:02 pm EDT May 12, 2009Updated: 5:57 pm EDT May 12, 2009
    ATHENS, Ga. -- A judge denied bond Tuesday for a young man accused of bringing a loaded, sawed-off shotgun into an Athens school.

Police said Tory Favors, 17, threatened another student with the weapon. The incident now has the school district changing its security policy.

"It's like we're sending our babies out to war every day and I guess my baby was trying to be a soldier but he did it in the wrong way," said the suspect's mother, Kisha Wright.

VIP Member
    "...Police said Tory Favors, 17, threatened another student with the weapon."

So, her baby was only trying to do the right thing? Yeah, I suppose that means he and can shoot someone in the name of being good young man? Please!
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

He needs to go to jail and his mother need to wake up to the fact her son has problems that need to be addressed.

Kisha Wright is Tory Favors mother?
    I guess my baby was trying to be a soldier?
    Is that what soldiers do? Bring sawed off shoties to school?
    Just a poor miss-under stood home-boy.
    I'm buying it hook line & sinker.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

If her "baby" wants to play soldier he should see a recruiter asap and enlist. I'm pretty sure our armed forces will do a better job raising this kid...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

"It's like we're sending our babies out to war every day and I guess my baby was trying to be a soldier but he did it in the wrong way," said the suspect's mother, Kisha Wright.
    He was attempting to be a thug, lady, via the adult crime of aggravated assault. The likely next step will be his attempt to be a murderer. How small a step do you think that is, eh?

The USMC would not fail to such as a degree as you have, in "raising" honor in this young man. But then, the USMC doesn't accept felons on a regular basis as the clay from which to mold its excellent men.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

jfl
    That would be a great idea; instead of sending the kids to jail where they'll just learn to be criminals, give them the option to enlist.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

just pathetic. This "lady" has no idea of what a Soldier is. Your son is a punk, not a Solidier.

Send the "gangsta" to jail where he belongs. We dont need more people like this in the military. Thats why its as screwed up as it is.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

This kid new exactly what he was doing, now his mama is going to be able to know what her baby is doing for a few years.

I deal with this stuff every day. Not necessarily the gun incidents, but mama's making excuses for their babies......just had one taken away on friday for suspicion of being a pharmacy...oh well, we all make choices.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    ...Is that what soldiers do? Bring sawed off shoties to school?...
    Haven’t you heard? That’s apparently what the head of HLS actually believes.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    heres the full story:

Teen Accused Of Bringing Loaded, Sawed-Off Shotgun To School - News Story - WSB Atlanta

Teen Accused Of Bringing Loaded, Sawed-Off Shotgun To School

Posted: 5:02 pm EDT May 12, 2009Updated: 5:57 pm EDT May 12, 2009
    ATHENS, Ga. -- A judge denied bond Tuesday for a young man accused of bringing a loaded, sawed-off shotgun into an Athens school.

Police said Tory Favors, 17, threatened another student with the weapon. The incident now has the school district changing its security policy.

Wright admitted Favors had fallen in with the wrong crowd, but said she didn't believe it when she first heard about the incident S.O.A.R. Academy.

The police report said there was a physical altercation between another student and Favors.

"When he grabbed the gun out of the bag, he started to take it out of the bag and said, 'Do you want some of this?' and that constituted, in our opinion, a charge of aggravated assault," said Capt. Clarence Holeman with the Athens-Clarke County Police Department.

Wright said she wants to know how her son got the gun in the school. Students are screened with metal detecting wands and bookbags are forbidden. The school system said a staff member did take away Favors' bag. School officials are investigating how he got his bag back.

Favors was denied bond Tuesday.

"I think that might have been a good thing, in a way. So that he can kind of sit and think about what is going on and what he's done," said Wright.

Wright claims her son was bullied at other schools and felt intimidated at S.O.A.R. -- where every student has a record of trouble.

"I think he just wanted to make the situation stop so he can get away and be left alone," said Wright. "He's not a bad child, he's just kind of lost."

Favors has been charged with five felony counts.

The school system said next year, there will be walk-through metal detectors in the school.

Wright admitted Favors had fallen in with the wrong crowd, but said she didn't believe it when she first heard about the incident S.O.A.R. Academy.
    I get so tired of hearing the same BS story from parents of thugs!

"I think that might have been a good thing, in a way. So that he can kind of sit and think about what is going on and what he's done," said Wright.
    Maybe if momma would of busted his butt a few times growing up he wouldn't have to sit behind bars and "think about it".

"I think he just wanted to make the situation stop so he can get away and be left alone," said Wright. "He's not a bad child, he's just kind of lost."
    Think he'll be left alone when he gets that 6'2" 295 lb cell mate? I'm sure that cell mate won't let him feel lost for long!

boricua........If her "baby" wants to play soldier he should see a recruiter asap and enlist. I'm pretty sure our armed forces will do a better job raising this kid...
    The armed forces don't want thugs. They want men who are responsible and can follow orders. This young punk probably wouldn't make it through basic training let alone advanced training.

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    That would be a great idea; instead of sending the kids to jail where they'll just learn to be criminals, give them the option to enlist.
    Please do not do this!!
    Our armed forces at the moment are there by choise and they are also of very high quality. do not degrade there ablities by dropping trash on the services. let them rot in jail like they should.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Time for some Federal time for chopping the gun and going to school and than state time for the assault.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by jfl View Post
    for certain ones that would be alright..but not all
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links