God Bless Oklahoma's "Make My Day Law"

This is a discussion on God Bless Oklahoma's "Make My Day Law" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is one of the things that make Oklahoma a good place to live. http://video.kfor.com/global/video/p...1=Monday's NewsChannel 4 @ 6:00 p.m....

Thread: God Bless Oklahoma's "Make My Day Law"

This is one of the things that make Oklahoma a good place to live.

http://video.kfor.com/global/video/p...1=Monday's NewsChannel 4 @ 6:00 p.m.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

And God bless the speeding laws. And the laws against having broken headlights.

Don't speed, don't drive with broken headlights but please shoot your intruders.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

speeding and broken headlights seem like pretty standard driving laws to me. But anyways she had good trigger discipline in the video. Nice to see compared to the "gun toting grandma" or whatever they called her. And good for her NOT shooting him in the back.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Too bad he got away unscathed... Just goes to show how easy it is to miss, even in close proximity.

Did you catch the next story... 17 yr old punk shot up an Anti-Violence Rally. Good no one was killed and they caught him. Police say they do not know the motive for the shooting... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the scumbag just wanted to shoot it up BECAUSE it was an Anti-Violence Rally.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

The rally was about 8 miles from where I live. Last I heard they caught all but one BG. This park is only 2 miles North from Tinker AFB. Midwest City really isn't a bad place they do have some localized crime areas.

I think the lady in the story showed good control of her emotions. She could have shot him in the back but she didn't. Puts us all in a good light if you ask me.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Too bad she missed with the first two shots....what more can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by ccroom View Post
    The rally was about 8 miles from where I live. Last I heard they caught all but one BG. This park is only 2 miles North from Tinker AFB. Midwest City really isn't a bad place they do have some localized crime areas.
    My aunt and uncle lived close to there. He retired from the Air Force and his last station was at Tinker AFB. He was a tail gunner on a B17 crew in WWII. Their house was broken into several times in the past five years with them inside. He had taken a few shots at shadows inside the house in the middle of the night with his old 45. My mother was telling me about what was going on there in 2005, and I was planning a visit to stay a couple of nights and help stake out the place since even the local police didn't feel like driving through the neighborhood. My aunt passed away earlier that year, and my uncle went sort of loco, spent a week at my mom's place in Wichita, then he split since he had his own car and all. None of the family has heard from him since. Last time I saw my aunt and uncle was in 1982 when I was in OKC getting processed through MEPS for the Marine Corps.

If you go 3 miles to the North of the base it starts to get bad. They have isolated housing additions one is named "Murder One", another one is called "Panic Zone". It's posssible they lived in one of these areas. There are still alot of older people who bought there houses in these neighborhoods decades ago who refuse to move even though the area has degraded. If you go one mile to the West of the base it starts to get shady all the way through to downtown OKC. South of the base is really rural and there is a lake. When you go East of the base is where the area is alot better and has seen a boom in buildling. The bad areas are wery isolated to neighborhoods in MWC. I would bet Ram Rods relatives lived in one of these areas, unless you lived there you wouldn't know that the area was shady and most older people who bought decades ago before it was shady refuse to leave. My freind has a Grandma who lives in "Murder One", I'm uncomfortable everytime I've been there with him but the neighborhood thugs seem to leave her alone. We both have our CWL's and carry all the time.

VIP Member
    I'd hate to be on the other end of her lasered Glock. She looks all business. Good for her for being prepared and willing to use her weapon. Also good for her for not shooting the perp in the back.

I've warned my wife about someone coming in underneath a partially-opened garage door, and she looked at me like I was crazy for thinking anyone would do this. A skinny person can slip under the door if it's opened 9-12 inches.

Here's a written version of the story:

Homeowner takes a shot at burglar - KFOR

Homeowner takes a shot at burglar

OKLAHOMA CITY -- One burglar may be considering a different profession after nearly losing his life during a break-in, last Wednesday.

Heather Fitzgerald says she was checking e-mail in her garage with the garage partially open. Shortly before 3:00 a.m., however, an intruder crawled in.

Heather immediately worried for her children, who were sleeping inside the home. She grabbed her 9-milimeter pistol and fired two shots at the man.

Police do not believe he was hit because they found no blood at the scene. As he was running away, she says she lined up the gun's laser sight on his back, but did not pull the trigger again, most likely sparing his life.

"I just, I couldn't do it," Fitzgerald says. "And it took everything that I had, not to. Seems like you should be able to be in your own garage at night when it's dark and not have to worry about that kind of stuff."

That suspect is still on the loose. Heather says she did not get a good look at his face, however he was wearing jeans and a dark-colored hoodie.

Police say she was well within her rights to use deadly force to protect herself on her property, which follows an Oklahoma statute known as the "Make My Day" law.
    Copyright 2009, KFOR-TV

I copied the link and sent it on to all in my address book along with a reminder that a trained person with a gun is quicker than the police even if they are only one phone call and an indertermined number of minutes away. Think about training, not just purchasing. The BG is gone, the homeowner is not going to jail for shooting him in the back, the kids are safe. Everyone is happy...except the BG, as it should be.

Sponsored Links