Good: Pharmacy Employee shoots and kills armed robber OKC - Page 2

Good: Pharmacy Employee shoots and kills armed robber OKC

This is a discussion on Good: Pharmacy Employee shoots and kills armed robber OKC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by grady Lawlessness has consequences. If the protesting locals don't like that, then in the words of my drill instructor, "Tough " Always ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good: Pharmacy Employee shoots and kills armed robber OKC

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Lawlessness has consequences. If the protesting locals don't like that, then in the words of my drill instructor, "Tough "
    Always the diplomat.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I'm confused

Couple points of confusion - first of all it says they had on ski masks so how would they know what race they were. Secondly even if they did know the race (or whatever), if you belong to one of those particular groups, then it is ok to rob a store, shoot at people and hurt them?

As for the shot placement, what I have been taught is you eliminate the threat. Even though the first shot was in the head, the BG tried to get up again (which says something for 380) so the threat was not eliminated at that point.

That's all.
    NRA Certified Instructor, MADFI Certified Instructor
    Vietnam Veteran, NRA Life Member
    XD 9 MM, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 9MM, XDM 40,
    XDM 40 Limited, XDM 5.25 Canyon Creek Custom 9 mm

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

Update: Pharmacy worker charged with murder

Go to News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | - Breaking News, Local News, Weather, Sports and Video it will have an update (there was a streaming video on it, might still be there). Apparently the DA thinks he has enough to go for first degree murder here -- I seriously doubt that. But, the pharmacy guy did talk way too much to the media.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    More yet:

See the murder charge here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.news...armdoc0001.pdf
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

That pharmacist should have kept his mouth shut and let his lawyer do the talking. here is a link to the surveillance tapes. The guy did not shoot the perp in the red shirt who was waving a gun. He shot the perp with the small back pack.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-phar...=breaking_news

is it just me or does it seem like pharmacy Employees are on the ball about protecting themselves ? Seems like I've been reading about a lot of these pharmacy robberies gone right for the good guys lately.They should definitely be armed, a pharmacy is like the Holy Grail for dope heads.

The guy did society a favor and gets charged with murder, that's too bad. Should we have to wait until the deceased actually did kill someone ? IMO, his chosen profession of armed robber was enough to qualify him for an early ticket off of the planet, and good riddance.

Bunny asks why are some parents such garbage ? In a lot of cases garbage breeds garbage.

The deceased would be robber is a 16 year old. I am kind of on the fence about this case but I definetly do not think it is murder in the 1st. He shot the closest perp then chased the others out of the store, came in and it looked like either reloaded or got another gun and went over and shot the wounded perp 5 or 6 times in the chest.

IMHO the only way the second volley is warranted is if he was going for or looked like he was going for a weapon. BTW the deceased did not have a weapon.
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

Just watched the stores video tape on OKC channel 4 news. It looks really bad. Another case of adrenaline? He went over the line in my opinion.

Michael

If the guy was down, shot in the head, I would't have shot him again unless theatened. On the other hand if someone walks in my property with a mask and a gun, I will shoot as many rounds as needed.
    "You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass." - Admiral Yamamoto

That is going to be a very very expensive video. This guy looks to be in serious trouble. The way I see it if he had spent a couple hundred more dollars he could have saved himself thousands in legal fees.
    1) If he had spent money on another camera that showed what the deceased was doing that caused him to believe it to be necessary to come back and shoot him some more.
    2) If he had bought a more powerful weapon and ammo so he would not have had to go back and shoot him again.

I have not seen the video of him talking to the media, but if his statement is contradicted by the video tape, that could be a problem for him.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member

Pharmacist charged with murder

Pharmacist charged with murder - KFOR

OKLAHOMA CITY -- An Oklahoma City pharmacist who shot and killed a 16-year-old would-be robber was charged today with first-degree murder. An affidavit says 57-year-old Jerome Ersland shot Antwun Parker on May 19 while Parker was incapacitated and lying on his back.

Ersland has said he opened fire in self-defense.

Parker was shot once in the head and five times in the stomach area. An autopsy determined Parker was still alive after being shot in the head.

Ersland says two people in ski masks threatened him and two other employees at Reliable Discount Pharmacy and because he's disabled he couldn't run. Ersland says he took a pistol from his pocket and shot Parker in the head -- then shot him five more times as the teenager tried to get up.

The Associated Press: DA: Shooting of would-be robber 6 times was murder

DA: Shooting of would-be robber 6 times was murder
    13 hours ago

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) A pharmacist who shot a would-be robber six times was charged with first-degree murder Wednesday, and the prosecutor said only the first shot was justified.

A security video shows two men bursting into the pharmacy May 19 and one of them, 16-year-old Antwun Parker, is shot. Pharmacist Jerome Ersland then is seen chasing the second man outside before he walks past Parker to get a second gun, returns to Parker and opens fire.

District Attorney David Prater said Ersland was justified in shooting Parker once in the head, but went too far when he shot Parker five more times while Parker lay unconscious on the floor.

"It is alleged that Parker was unarmed, lying on his back, unconscious but alive, when he was shot in the abdomen by Ersland," Prater said.

Ersland's attorney, Irven Box, said Ersland was protecting himself and two women inside the Reliable Discount Pharmacy. Box said he thinks a jury will exonerate Ersland.

"I think he did something in his eyes that protected both himself and two ladies in there," the attorney said. "He put an end to the threat."

An affidavit written by Detective David Jacobson said Ersland's account doesn't match the video or the evidence collected at the scene.

"Ersland shows no concern for his safety as he walks by Parker, and turns his back to Parker as he walks behind the pharmacy counter," Jacobson said. "Ersland is then seen to put the pistol he is carrying on the counter, and retrieve a second pistol from a drawer."

Ersland used this pistol to shoot Parker on the ground, the detective said.

Jacobson said the suspect who ran away from the pharmacy was armed, but no gun was found near Parker. The person who fled had not been identified, and police said the investigation was ongoing.

Ersland told The Oklahoman newspaper that he was grazed by a bullet during the confrontation, but Prater said Wednesday the evidence didn't support that.

"There was no evidence at the scene that the robbery suspects ever fired a round inside the pharmacy," Prater said Wednesday.

An autopsy determined Parker was alive after being shot in the head and died from the abdominal wounds.

Ersland, 57, was being held without bail in the Oklahoma County Jail.

If convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison with or without the possibility of parole, or receive the death penalty. The district attorney has not indicated whether he plans to seek the death penalty, which would require proving an aggravating factor in the crime.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    Sounds like he over did it.

Yeah it looks like he may be boned from that video. That's a pretty tough self-defense case to prove when you shot the dude 5 more times. I would have wanted to do the same thing, but better free than gratified, right?

Well, lesson learned there...

I am amazed after seeing the video that a large percentage of viewers think that it was not murder.

It looks pretty cut and dry.

Seems to me that the DA is leaving the door wide open for the defense. Argueing that a person on trial for murder should be able to keep his guns.

Judge sets bail of pharmacist in fatal Oklahoma City shooting at $100,000

[/QUOTE/]The hearing today turned contentious when District Attorney David Prater asked the judge not to bar Ersland from access to a gun while at the store. He argued Ersland still has a right to defend himself and pharmacy employees if the store is robbed again.

He said the restriction either meant Ersland would be fired from his job or crooks now know it is "open season" at the pharmacy if Ersland is there. The district attorney said his position sounds crazy but under the law Ersland has the right to protect himself. At one point, spectators clapped.

Defense attorney Irven Box said the pharmacy has been robbed before.

The judge refused to change her decision, saying Ersland can get another job. "If somebody wants to be around him, they are not going to have access to a gun," the judge said.

"That's wrong," the district attorney replied.[/QUOTE/]
    The Second Amendment ...... Because crime SHOULD be a hazardous occupation.

If you want to piss off a conservative, lie to him.
    If you want to piss off a liberal, tell him the truth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links