My daughters school on shut-down today due to home invasion

This is a discussion on My daughters school on shut-down today due to home invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Heres the story: WVEC Top Video - Video On Demand | WVEC.com | News for Hampton Roads, Virginia Happened around 11:30ish. Glad the homeowner got ...

Heres the story:
    WVEC Top Video - Video On Demand | WVEC.com | News for Hampton Roads, Virginia
    Happened around 11:30ish. Glad the homeowner got one of the BG's with the BGs gun. But, looks like I have to move soon-too close to home.
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

VIP Member
    Crazy...glad the home owner is ok, too bad he didn't drop more of the BG's.

If you move away every time a home invasion occurs near you, you're not going to stay in one place long...just saying...

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    That's scary! How's your daughter doing? Is she upset because her school was locked-down, or is she ok?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

United- I hear you but the neighborhood is loosing the neighbor.

Bunny-Havent been home to talk to her yet.
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Crazy...glad the home owner is ok, too bad he didn't drop more of the BG's.
    +1, though he did good all considered. Kinda gutsy to wrestle with one of four armed intruders, and then chase them all off.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Always carry at home...so you have the proper 'welcoming committee' at the ready.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yeah real close to home! Good to see another local on the site. But like they said this happens everywhere. You could be in Portsmouth or Downtown Norfolk where they have killings all the time! Virginia Beach stats are better than those two close neighboring cities.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

Retsupt-I agree, the homeowner would have been better off armed in the first place. Talked to daughter about the situation and how we dont just open the door because someone rings the bell and such. We watched it on the news and talked about what she heard, and did at school. Keeping in mind, what I knew from the vid. They turn off lights and hide under desks or in corner of room. After they lock doors and windows. Too bad teachers cant be armed for such situations. I bought here 5-6 years ago and things werent this bad, I knew the schools arent the best but didnt have kids then. I am helping my GF raise her kids, basically step-daddy. There are better areas of the Beach to live. I know I wount be able to escape it all together, it just getting out of hand.

wow shooting outside could have been a tragic end. Glad no bystanders or neighbors were hit.

I have four grandkids all in elementary school and I just can't understand why all teachers aren't allowed to carry if they have training. My daughter is a third grade teacher at the school my grandkids attend and if there was a need to have a lock down, she couldn't even defend her own children. We do have a plan in which I act if she can get word to me if there were a serious problem at the school. Her cell phone is the only way of even contacting the outside in case of a lock down or even worse, a shooter, in the school.

A lock down can be a very scary thing for children also. Parents need to talk to them BEFORE it happens to assure them that they will be ok and to not cry or get excited because that can really cause problem for the teacher who will have her hands full in that situation.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Links