BG gets shot by home owner who had been tied up with wife

This is a discussion on BG gets shot by home owner who had been tied up with wife within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; NASH COUNTY (WTVD) -- Nash County officials say three suspects went to a home on Monday with the intent to rob the homeowners. According to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BG gets shot by home owner who had been tied up with wife

BG gets shot by home owner who had been tied up with wife

NASH COUNTY (WTVD) -- Nash County officials say three suspects went to a home on Monday with the intent to rob the homeowners.
    According to authorities, 26-year-old Arrion Dickens dropped off 27-year-old Jesus Pryor and 22-year-old Justin Shaw at a home in Nashville to commit a robbery.
    They say Pryor and Shaw waited for the homeowner to come home and held him at gun point.
    The men demanded money from the homeowner and tied him up while waiting for his wife to return home.
    Story continues belowAdvertisement
    When the homeowner's wife entered the home, the suspects also held her at gunpoint and demanded money.
    Police say Shaw then took one of the homeowners' vehicles and left while Pryor attempted to disable the phone lines to the home.
    The homeowner was able to free himself, retrieve a gun in an attempt to stop Pryor. But Pryor pointed his gun at the homeowner.
    The homeowner then fired at Pryor striking him in the arm and rear. Pryor fled from the home and was later found in the back of a pickup truck on Old Carriage Road near Spencer Cockrell Road.
    Pryor was transported to Nash General Hospital and later transported to Pitt Memorial where he is in stable condition.
    Dickens was located on Hargrove Street in Rocky Mount and was taken into custody. He is charged with first degree burglary and two counts of second degree kidnapping. He is being held in the Nash County Jail under a $55,000 bond.
    Police are currently searching for Shaw. Authorities have warrants charging with two counts of second degree kidnapping and first degree burglary. The Nash County Sheriff's office is offering a $1000 reward for information leading to his arrest.
    Police say warrants will also be obtained for Pryor once he is released from Pitt Memorial, charging him with two counts of second degree kidnapping and first degree burglary.
    The investigation is continuing

This is the second such break in in a week in our county. I believe that these people would have been dead if they had not acted. Why else after robbing them and tying them up would the suspects have gone outside to cut there telephone wires???
    Last edited by grandma4; June 5th, 2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: sp
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2. Remove Ads

Seems like their days were numbered before they stood up for themselves. Good job to the gun owner.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Could you please identify which state this happened in? Some of us don't know where Rocky Mount or Nash County are.

It is in North Carolina. The first happened in Edgecombe county which is adjacent to Nash County.

Both times they tied the man up and waited for the wife, then tied her up.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Bye the way, our Castle Doctorine is tied up in committee in North Carolina right now. I wish that all of the people in our state that own handguns would march on Raleigh with this particular incident on posters. We have got to have our freedom to carry and defend ourselves in all places all the time.

Castle Doctrine or not, I would've been shooting....a lot.
    Glock 27

Quote Originally Posted by CRags99 View Post
    Castle Doctrine or not, I would've been shooting....a lot.
    I wish the guys shotgun had been aimed higher than his a..s! Darn too lucky to suit me. Dead would have been a better message to send to all the other bg who want to take what doesn't belong to them. This guy that shot him was like 72 years old I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    I wish the guys shotgun had been aimed higher than his a..s! Darn too lucky to suit me. Dead would have been a better message to send to all the other bg who want to take what doesn't belong to them. This guy that shot him was like 72 years old I heard.
    One thing I have learned in life is to not pick a fight with anyone my dad's age or older and I'm sure (obviously) that most 72 can take care of business and aren't afraid to. Kudos to him!
    Glock 27

Quote Originally Posted by CRags99 View Post
    One thing I have learned in life is to not pick a fight with anyone my dad's age or older and I'm sure (obviously) that most 72 can take care of business and aren't afraid to. Kudos to him!
    +1 on that. Anyone too old to worry about getting you in a "fair fight" is just going to go straight for the kill.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

I get very angry each time I hear of dirtbags willing to enter someone's home for this kind of crap. This is exactly the reason that I remain armed around the house.
    The BG's who are willing to pull off this type of crime deserve instant justice, that is...if the home owner fears for his life or the life of his family...which he, of course, certainly would.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This is exactly the reason that I remain armed around the house.
    BINGO!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Where did this article come from? Got links?

Kidnapping and burglary? What about armed robbery, lying in wait, commission of a forcible felony while using a deadly weapon? That list of charges had better be a bit longer, else someone's not doing the job he/she is being paid to perform.

Bail? WTH is that all about?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post

Bail? WTH is that all about?
    Your tax dollars and our penal system at work, ccw9mm.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Your tax dollars and our penal system at work, ccw9mm.
    Yeah. How hard it works is criminal, at times.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links