Manhunt ends for Edgecombe Co, NC kidnappers

This is a discussion on Manhunt ends for Edgecombe Co, NC kidnappers within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Manhunt Ends For Home Invasion Suspects Save Email Print Posted: 9:17 AM Jun 1, 2009 Last Updated: 9:08 PM Jun 1, 2009 Reporter: Heather King ...

Thread: Manhunt ends for Edgecombe Co, NC kidnappers

Manhunt ends for Edgecombe Co, NC kidnappers

Manhunt Ends For Home Invasion Suspects Save Email Print

Posted: 9:17 AM Jun 1, 2009
    Last Updated: 9:08 PM Jun 1, 2009
    Reporter: Heather King

2 comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Play the video

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A | A | A A two-county manhunt is over in Eastern Carolina with the arrest of two men.

Edgecombe County Sheriff James Knight says it started between 4 and 5 a.m. Monday morning when a man was approached by two armed men as he was heading to work. The men duct-taped the man, his wife and their young son and took jewelry and money from the man's wallet.

The two gunmen ran from the home on Medford Road on foot. Deputies tracked them for six to seven miles through the woods into Halifax County.

Knight says the two men were found in the woods off of Poor Road.

Deputies have charged Lamont Lloyd and Roshun Pittman with kidnapping, armed robbery, breaking & entering, and larceny. Sheriff Knight says the two Rocky Mount men will likely face additional charges.

Knight says a tip from a neighbor on Poor Road led to the men's arrest and that they have recovered the gun used in the home invasion.

According to the North Carolina Department of Correction website, Lamont Lloyd is an absconder from probation/parole supervision. He was on probation for a 2008 conviction for larceny and breaking and entering in Pitt County.

According to the North Carolina Department of Correction website, Roshun Pittman has one conviction labeled "drug para - use/possess" in 2007.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on their capture. Too bad they were taken alive...

These two scumbags do not deserve to ever see the light of day again.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats on their capture. Too bad they were taken alive...

These two scumbags do not deserve to ever see the light of day again.
    +1 It is a shame that our legal system allowed them to commit this crime. Unfortunately, they will probably be back on the streets in within a week or two.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Actually I am hoping that when this is investigated it will be tied to another home where two other people were tied up and robbed. It's running in a thread "BG gets shot by home owner who had been tied up with wife". Both are very simular and the counties are back to back. But we are having lots and lots of this happening in our county. Sometimes as many as 5 homes on one county road have been hit on one day. Then, a few weeks later they have hit them again. It's only a matter of time before someone is killed. I'm just hoping it won't be the home owner. Our county sheriff has started an email sign up that he will actually be updating us on what is going on in our county. I'm anxious to see what we will be seeing in those updates. It's suppose to start in a couple of weeks.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Links