Good-Jonesboro AR

This is a discussion on Good-Jonesboro AR within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Iraqi Vet Fights Off Armed Robbers at Jonesboro Papa John's By The Associated Press 5/29/2009 8:45:01 AM JONESBORO A woman with combat experience in ...

Thread: Good-Jonesboro AR

Good-Jonesboro AR

Iraqi Vet Fights Off Armed Robbers at Jonesboro Papa John's
    By The Associated Press
    5/29/2009 8:45:01 AM

JONESBORO A woman with combat experience in Iraq fought off a couple of armed robbers at the Jonesboro pizza business where she is a manager.

When the robbers entered the Papa John's where Rebecca Foster works, she pulled the ski mask off of one of them, while the other robber cornered a delivery driver.

The unmasked robber hit Foster on the side of the head, and Foster then pushed the robber. The robber fired a shot, which hit a piece of pipe and didn't hurt anyone.

The robbers wound up leaving with $15 and a pizza bag from the driver. Police are looking for the suspects.

Foster says that in the five months she's been back from Iraq, she has been in two car crashes, and now she's been robbed and shot at. In Foster's words, "home is more dangerous than Iraq."

2. Remove Ads

Glad that she had the skills to fight off an armed robber but, it would have been much better if she was armed. He could have killed her just as easily as I typed this sentence. Then the outcome would be tragic instead of heroic. How many pizza places and drivers have we read about who get held up consistiently by BG's? Seems like more and more these days because they appear to be unarmed and easily attacked. A few armed and deadly pizza people dispatching the would-be's to the next world sans money and pizza should get the message out.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Excellent! My GF has family in Jonesboro.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Glad that she had the skills to fight off an armed robber but, it would have been much better if she was armed. He could have killed her just as easily as I typed this sentence.
    Yes! Exactly!
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

I tried to get a parttime job delivering pizzas,they turned me down because of my CHL,seems they do a background check because you handle money.
    I wasnt going to tell!
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

VIP Member
    Good job Rebecca but go get a CCW!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    I tried to get a parttime job delivering pizzas,they turned me down because of my CHL,seems they do a background check because you handle money.
    I wasnt going to tell!

If there is any way you could prove that is why they did not hire you, you might have a reason to sue them.

B.T.T. Glad she was able to fend off her attackers, also glad that the shot that fired by the robber did not hit her.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by jeephipwr View Post
    Iraqi Vet Fights Off Armed Robbers at Jonesboro Papa John's
    By The Associated Press
    5/29/2009 8:45:01 AM

JONESBORO — A woman with combat experience in Iraq fought off a couple of armed robbers at the Jonesboro pizza business where she is a manager.

When the robbers entered the Papa John's where Rebecca Foster works, she pulled the ski mask off of one of them, while the other robber cornered a delivery driver.

The unmasked robber hit Foster on the side of the head, and Foster then pushed the robber. The robber fired a shot, which hit a piece of pipe and didn't hurt anyone.

The robbers wound up leaving with $15 and a pizza bag from the driver. Police are looking for the suspects.

Foster says that in the five months she's been back from Iraq, she has been in two car crashes, and now she's been robbed and shot at. In Foster's words, "home is more dangerous than Iraq."
    Isn't that the truth...

When I read the title, I first was thinking that someone used an AR to stop a robbery...duh!
    Way to go AR lady, but get your permit for next time.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Wait, why would you be REJECTED for having a CHL? Doesn't that already mean you've had the b/g check and are found to be law-abiding and mentally sound? If I were an employer, that would score automatic BONUS POINTS, no?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

njr
    I delivered for a couple of places in Chicago. At one of them, them sent me to a bad bldg in a bad neighborhood, last delivery of the night, at 1am. Maybe 'cos I'm in shape and still have that boy scout bearing, they thought I carried? Unfortunately, I didn't know at the time, in Chicago, you can carry as an on-duty driver. Would've really given me peace of mind going into that hole that night...
    By the forests, behind the guns/In the streets and in the houses/Between the tanks, by the roadside/At the hands of the men, of the women, of the children/In the cold, in the dark, in hunger....

Bertolt Brecht, "To The German Soldiers In The East", stanza 9.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Wait, why would you be REJECTED for having a CHL? Doesn't that already mean you've had the b/g check and are found to be law-abiding and mentally sound? If I were an employer, that would score automatic BONUS POINTS, no?
    I agree but that's using common sense (which isn't too common these days).
    I would guess that Papa's probably has a policy that their employees not be in possession of firearms, whether on their premisses or by a delivery driver (even if they have a CHL).
    Normally pizza delivery drivers (any employee for that matter) are not allowed to defend themselves. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Papa Johns' fire the Iraqi Vet manager for defending herself and her crew. They expect their employees to be submissive to the robbers. Problem is, once you go down that road, too often the employees are found dead.
    That attitude got four teenage girls dead in the back room of an ice cream shop in Northwest Austin, Texas a few years back.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by njr View Post
    I delivered for a couple of places in Chicago. At one of them, them sent me to a bad bldg in a bad neighborhood, last delivery of the night, at 1am. Maybe 'cos I'm in shape and still have that boy scout bearing, they thought I carried? Unfortunately, I didn't know at the time, in Chicago, you can carry as an on-duty driver. Would've really given me peace of mind going into that hole that night...
    Wait a minute! You mean in Chi you can carry if you are delivering pizzas, but the average citizen is NEVER allowed to defend themselves with a gun?

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    I wasnt going to tell!
    they found out you had a chl with a background check?
    that's no good.
    in TX. only law enforcement is suppose to have that info,and recently it was made harder for anyone else to find out.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

njr
    Technically, that's correct. What I hear about though, is something different. A buddy at work is in a (motor) bike club. A couple of his friends in the club were caught carrying. They got probation, but they had to spend $4K on a lawyer. They probably won't be able to get a ccw unless they get those incidents expunged, I would imagine...

There are old men, housewives, others in the city that carry. 9.9 times out of 10 the police don't even give them a second look.

Technically, one can also fanny pack if one keeps the mag separate from the gun. I have seen a noticeable increase in the number of fanny packs recently, as the economic crisis grinds on. Not huge numbers, but it's noticeable....

As usual, I am not a lawyer, don't take my advice for legal advice, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Wait a minute! You mean in Chi you can carry if you are delivering pizzas, but the average citizen is NEVER allowed to defend themselves with a gun?

By the forests, behind the guns/In the streets and in the houses/Between the tanks, by the roadside/At the hands of the men, of the women, of the children/In the cold, in the dark, in hunger....

Bertolt Brecht, "To The German Soldiers In The East", stanza 9.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Glad that she had the skills to fight off an armed robber but, it would have been much better if she was armed. He could have killed her just as easily as I typed this sentence. Then the outcome would be tragic instead of heroic. How many pizza places and drivers have we read about who get held up consistiently by BG's? Seems like more and more these days because they appear to be unarmed and easily attacked. A few armed and deadly pizza people dispatching the would-be's to the next world sans money and pizza should get the message out.
    I agree, however, I bet it's against many company policies to carry while delivering.

Links