CHL Man kills attempted carjacker in NE Houston

This is a discussion on CHL Man kills attempted carjacker in NE Houston within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Tiny85 Wow I can understand his position but I think he's in alot of trouble. only thing I can think of is ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CHL Man kills attempted carjacker in NE Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny85 View Post
    Wow I can understand his position but I think he's in alot of trouble. only thing I can think of is they say he attacked him but doesn't say if another weapon was involved. The media not reporting something doesn't mean it wasn't there.

I hope for his sake that the jury takes into account they attempted to preform CPR.
    Proper technique for TX CPR after shooting carjacking dirtbag.

1. Make sure that victim is on his back and not moving...
    2. Clear the dirtbag's ear passages, make sure that they are not blocked...
    3. Clear your own throat as to be clearly heard...
    4. Kneel down and lower you head to be within a few inches of the dirtbag's ears...
    5. Whisper slowly and clearly, "Goodbye dirtbag, have a nice trip to the judgement seat."
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Okay, I have to ask...what's with the pool cleaner reference?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Okay, I have to ask...what's with the pool cleaner reference?
    He means cleaning out the gene pool. Getting rid of stupidity in a way.

Distinguished Member
    If I choose to swim in rough waters, I have to accept the chance that I may drown.

Thought I read that the cops were called twice, when seconds count cops are only minutes away, so very true.

Now I will go spray my face with peper spray so that I may shead a tear for the BG.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

The shooter in my book is fine. The media will almost ALWAYS try and portray the story in a negitive way to gun owners. The shooter pulled his firearm only after the fight began. Now, he was protecting not only his property but also, maybe, his life. Did the BG have a weapon? Was he a 6'5" linebacker who started puttin-a-hurtin? I would never convict this guy on what I know now.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Meet Joe Horn. Here in Texas Grand Jury's often side with the citizen who takes out the criminal. Gotta love it.
    Yep. Exactly what I was thinking. Horn done the something - approached the BG even though his life was not in danger - and after being told by the 911 operator not to engage.

I would not be shocked to see the shooter get off the hook.

Based on the information available - my personal opinion is he (the shooter) made a very bad judgement call. He is not the police, his and his wife's life were not in danger - at least not initially. Snap pics. There were other eye witnesses to rely on. We could only speculate on why this man was breaking into cars. But was it worth taking a life - and now facing the possibilty of a criminal and civil trials? Sad all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingZ View Post
    ......Now I will go spray my face with peper spray so that I may shead a tear for the BG.

Z
    How can anyone be so callous regarding the loss of a life? Regardless of the choices this person made, or even others, it is still the loss of a life. Do you know his life story? It could have been any number of things. In need of things to sell for drugs, mental condition-maybe off meds for whatever reason, trying to feed his kids – all speculation I know. But the fact is we do not know why – or not yet. His reason does not make it right to break into cars. But when people get desperate – they do desperate things. I guess I like to give people the benefit of doubt. Somewhere I am sure this “BG” has family – you think they are glad one more “BG” is gone? To make light of the loss of life is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    How can anyone be so callous regarding the loss of a life? Regardless of the choices this person made, or even others, it is still the loss of a life. Do you know his life story? It could have been any number of things. In need of things to sell for drugs, mental condition-maybe off meds for whatever reason, trying to feed his kids – all speculation I know. But the fact is we do not know why – or not yet. His reason does not make it right to break into cars. But when people get desperate – they do desperate things. I guess I like to give people the benefit of doubt. Somewhere I am sure this “BG” has family – you think they are glad one more “BG” is gone? To make light of the loss of life is beyond me.
    I cant agree more with this statement. Watch the movie Fun with Dick and Jane. I know its a comedy, but that sorta thing does happen. Never pull the trigger unless you are in danger of loosing your life. To me, going home to my wife is more important than anyone elses life. But, I wont laugh at it.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Thing is, it didn't happen in Ohio, Nebraska, North or South Carolina or any other state where the comments are coming from, it happened in Texas. Texas law says, you can protect people, you can protect property, you can stand your ground when confronted by a hammerhead, a person does not have to retreat from a piece of garbage. Personally, if I knew his name and address, I would send him a replacement box of ammo and a Christmas card every year. Texas law is the way it should be in EVERY state. Some are close, but ALL should be like TEXAS laws.

We all carry knowing that some time, some place we may have to defend ourselves or someone else. If something like this gets into your system as a bad shoot, raw feelings by some of the posters, then turn your card in and sell your gun. You will not be able to defend yourself if this bothers you. You gonna hide around the corner and "Be a good witness"? It was a good shoot in accordance with the Texas laws. Game over. Another one bites the dust!!!!!!!!
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

one thing on his side is that the police did not bring any charges against him. (so far). a person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect tangible,movable property: if he would be justified in using force against the other under sec 9.41; (A) to prevent the others imminent commission of arson burglary robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime: if he couldnt keep him from escaping with the property and the property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means. or the use of force other than deadly force would expose him or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.... ...He might have a good chance if he pleads he thought the above to be true..JOHNSR

The shooter likely has problems. He was not in jeopardy, if ever, until after he confronted a man over property. Apparently the carjacking effort was over before the man intervened with deadly force. Once the carjacking victim's safety was secured, he likely had no right to go on the offense as described.

The fact that the attempted car jack victim ran away hurts this guys case. At least if the victim stuck around, he may have been able to show that he was acting in the defense of another. That is just too bad. Events like this give concealed weapons permit holders the perceived look of vigilantes. It isn't good for any of us. I hope he doesn't get charged. It is very unfortunate.
    SA XD-45ACP
    Glock G36
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Ruger LCR
    SIG P250 Full Size and SC 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    Quite frankly,I don't care what his reasons are. If he was trying to carjack somebody, as the article says, he was placing someones life in grave danger. While I wouldn't risk evrything for it, I won't condemn someone else for protecting life.

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!

Roger

I think he'll be OK.

All I can say for sure is, if I was on the grand jury I would not vote to indict. And if it did go to trial and I was on that jury, no way would I convict him of anything.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Dude gets jacked up by citizen, cops are called, dude goes back to felonious activity. I think this falls under the HNK* doctrine.

* He Needed Killin'
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links