BREAKING NEWS: Police: Two people shot at Holocaust museum in Washington, D.C.

This is a discussion on BREAKING NEWS: Police: Two people shot at Holocaust museum in Washington, D.C. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police: At least 2 shot at Holocaust museum - Crime & courts- msnbc.com WASHINGTON - At least two people were shot at the U.S. Holocaust ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Police: Two people shot at Holocaust museum in Washington, D.C.

Police: At least 2 shot at Holocaust museum - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - At least two people were shot at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington on Wednesday, authorities say. D.C. police spokeswoman Traci Hughes said a person walked into the museum with a rifle and shot a guard. Hughes says the shooter was also shot.

Hughes says the victims' conditions were not known. Both were being rushed to a hospital.

...and how was this murderous rampage ended.... BY A GOOD GUY WITH A GUN.
    Do whatever floats your boat, but don't dare to try and sink mine.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar

Thumbs down At Least 2 shot at Holocaust Museum

Police: At least 2 shot at Holocaust museum - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

D.C. cops: At least 2 shot at Holocaust museum
    A person reportedly walked into the museum with a gun and shot a guard

From the Associated Press

WASHINGTON - Authorities say at least two people have been shot at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington.

D.C. police spokeswoman Traci Hughes says a person walked into the museum with a gun and shot a guard. Hughes says the shooter was also shot.

Hughes says the victims' conditions were not known. Both were being rushed to a hospital.

U.S. Park Police gave slightly different information, saying three people had been shot.

Fire department spokesman Alan Etter told MSNBC that a third person was hurt after being cut by broken glass.

The museum normally has a heavy security presence with guards positioned both inside and outside the museum. All visitors are required to pass through metal detectors at the entrance, and bags are screened.

The museum, just off the National Mall near the Washington Monument, is a popular tourist attraction. It draws about 1.7 million visitors each year.

Roads surrounding the museum have been closed.

The mother of a Massachusetts teenager says children at the museum heard several gunshots before they were evacuated from the building.

Sandy Perkins says her daughter, Abigail, called her shortly after the shooting.

Abigail told her mother that some of her friends were very shaken, but otherwise were fine.

The teens did not see where the shots were coming from before they were safely evacuated to buses outside the museum.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

From the story the shooter was 89 y/o James Brunn, a white supremacy/anti -gov. person. He was shot in the head by another security guard returning fire.

What a sad world we live in. Stay prepared, stay armed, you NEVER know when TSHTF. Most likely when you least expect it.
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

And exactly what did they say was at the doors???? OHHH Metal detectors. hmmmmmm I bet there was a sign there too!!

Another tragedy another reason to carry!
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    And exactly what did they say was at the doors???? OHHH Metal detectors. hmmmmmm I bet there was a sign there too!!

Another tragedy another reason to carry!
    Please leave your second admendment rights at the door. Another case of people not being allowed to defend theirselves.

You forget Tombstone, they had metal detectors and armed guards, No reason for any of us to have a gun there. Sarcasm.
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

Metal detectors and signs what more could anybody ask for? J/K

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone55 View Post
    Please leave your second admendment rights at the door. Another case of people not being allowed to defend theirselves.
    Actually, in DC, you have to leave your second amendment rights at the border - other than armed security, pretty much no one can carry there (OK, maybe it's possible, just not bloody likely).

Senior Member Array f8lranger4x4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Metal detectors and signs what more could anybody ask for? J/K
    works every time right. Well thats what the liberals tell me anyways.

Another reason to NOT go to DC,. Another reason to ALWAYS carry,. Another reason our 2nd Amendment is put in place by our forefathers... Another crime-free zone shows it works.... (Ya,. Works for the BG)

CNN just had Mark Potok from the Southern Poverty Law Center on. He opined that this is the beginning of a resurgence of the Militia movement. Why do I suddenly fear a 1990's style assault on 2nd Amendment rights?

Obvious this guy was looking for maximum fear factor and media coverage by going at a Holocaust museum.... and he'll probably get it.

Mark another start to a week of anti-logic bashing on MSNBC.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Obvious this guy was looking for maximum fear factor and media coverage by going at a Holocaust museum.... and he'll probably get it.

Mark another start to a week of anti-logic bashing on MSNBC.
    88 yr old white supremacist. He attempted to arrest the Federal Reserve Board of Governors in 1981. Served a few years in the pen. Here's his website...

http://www.holywesternempire.org/

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    It always amazes me how these shootings can take place where guns aren't allowed, and yet the politicians and policy makers are too ignorant and too blind to see the error of their ways. I enjoy the historical part of DC, but the city itself you couldn't drag me through.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    It is a shame that a gaurd was shot. My thoughts go out to their family.

It is GREAT that they stopped this guy so quickly. The Jewish museums take their security seriously and don't fool around. A lot of people could have been killed had they not responded so quickly. I hope the politicians realize it

We have a convicted felon, illegally possessing a firearm, in a city that bans all firearms, walking past metal detectors... none of those things stopped the man. A good guy with a gun did! 'nuff said!

I have no problem disarming for a sterile area with metal detectors and xray.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links