Police shoot 15 y.o. girl after robbery (SC) - Page 3

Police shoot 15 y.o. girl after robbery (SC)

This is a discussion on Police shoot 15 y.o. girl after robbery (SC) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sad on all fronts....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Police shoot 15 y.o. girl after robbery (SC)

Sad on all fronts.
    Be prepared

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DPAZ View Post
    Sad on all fronts.
    I agree. It's sad that the girl made a very stupid decision to commit a crime and die for it, but those LEO didn't have a choice because it is hard to tell whether that was a real gun or not.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Two years ago I walked into my new job and on the desk was a pistol. I asked my boss if that was his security system. He told me it was his son's BB gun. I could not tell it was not real form two feet away. These LEO's had no other chioce but to do what they did. I pray for them and this girl's family.

Dave

Wow, that video must have been quite compelling if even the local chapter of the NAACP concedes the appropriateness of the response!

I doubt this was anything as simple as a suicide by cop, that type of behavior isn't generally associated with her demographic. Of course, it's as good a theory as any when the only person who could shed light on it can't tell us why she forced the police to kill her.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

The TRUE Victims here are not the girl...not the family of the girl....not the community of the girl, but the LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS who were forced to take lethal action. They are in my prayers.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    The TRUE Victims here are not the girl...not the family of the girl....not the community of the girl, but the LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS who were forced to take lethal action. They are in my prayers.
    Agreed, though I think her family is probably suffering a lot, too. I can't imagine what those LEOs must feel, having been forced to take the life of a child like that.

I wonder -- just a theory here -- if she wasn't chemically "altered" at the time, and that's why she kept pointing the "gun" at the police? I mean, obviously she made very bad judgement calls, which led her to be in a gang, and then to rob the store, yes. But maybe she was drunk or high or something. I can't see anyone being clear-headed, even making horrible choices, and pointing a gun at clearly ARMED police. You HAVE to know what that would get you, no?

Wonder if they will make the autopsy results, specifically any tox screen results, available?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    No. Everyone involved in the situation directly and indirectly are victims. The LEOs are victim because of what they had to do, and the family are victims because of there loss.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Agreed, though I think her family is probably suffering a lot, too. I can't imagine what those LEOs must feel, having been forced to take the life of a child like that.

I wonder -- just a theory here -- if she wasn't chemically "altered" at the time, and that's why she kept pointing the "gun" at the police? I mean, obviously she made very bad judgement calls, which led her to be in a gang, and then to rob the store, yes. But maybe she was drunk or high or something. I can't see anyone being clear-headed, even making horrible choices, and pointing a gun at clearly ARMED police. You HAVE to know what that would get you, no?

Wonder if they will make the autopsy results, specifically any tox screen results, available?
    Maybe suicide by cop? Who knows though.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Maybe suicide by cop? Who knows though.
    It seems weird for a 15 y.o. to do SBC though, doesn't it? Statistically, females are likely to go more "passive" routes, less pain/violence such as OD on pills, or slitting wrists in the tub. They almost NEVER involve guns. Yeah, who knows?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

TKR
    I witnessed this tragic event. I lived in the corner duplex of the yard that this happened. She robbed the store just down the street a couple blocks and ran down the street with a bag of money. They caught up to her in front of my place. She started to run through the yard to get away and they opened fire on her. It was way more than 5 shots. I actually walked up to her body and looked at her. She was on her back with eyes wide open, arms bent with her hands near her shoulders. Money was all over the grass. The cops yelled at me to get away from her and to go back inside. It was an ordeal that lasted all evening. Very sad. Bullets hit the house and the tree in the yard.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    hope this does not cause the officers to hesitate in the future if they have a gun pointed at them again.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Administrator
    The future is now as this thread dates to 2009.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links