Good: Postal worker with a .380 vs Robber with a shotgun - Postal worker wins!(Merged - Page 3

Good: Postal worker with a .380 vs Robber with a shotgun - Postal worker wins!(Merged

This is a discussion on Good: Postal worker with a .380 vs Robber with a shotgun - Postal worker wins!(Merged within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by oldogy Good for the defender, shooter. Too bad his shot was low. My guess is the scum will be back on the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by oldogy View Post
    Good for the defender, shooter. Too bad his shot was low. My guess is the scum will be back on the street in six months. Although, did FL not pass a law several years back that required a longer sentence if a firearm is used in a crime?
    oldogy
    Yep, it's called "10-20-Life"

10-20-LIFE

-Mandates a minimum 10 year prison term for certain felonies, or attempted felonies in which the offender possesses a firearm or destructive device

-Mandates a minimum 20 year prison term when the firearm is discharged

-Mandates a minimum 25 years to LIFE if someone is injured or killed

-Mandates a minimum 3 year prison term for possession of a firearm by a felon

-Mandates that the minimum prison term is to be served consecutively to any other term of imprisonment imposed
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    (...Besides I have a cemetery out back to place the remains...no muss no fuss!)
    Sounds like the basis for a solid action plan. Start with the result and work backwards to get all the pieces in place.

As for Mr. Firby I'm glad he stood up for himself. Perhaps he could use better tools/techniques, but when push came to shove he did what he had to do. And his SA was a cut above the average persons, which is the most important thing of all. Hard to respond to a threat if you don't see it until it's to late.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

What is it with these idiot young people. About a month ago Marshall University's number one football recruit, a quarterback from somewhere in Fla. did a robbery with a gun with a couple other kids. BTW, Marshall is in Huntington WV. Anyway, do these people have no brains. Not only is a free education and four years of football gone but your life is over and you or someone else could have been killed. I think the gangster culture cool factor has sucked the brains right out of some young people. It's hard to believe they are that stupid but I guess the facts don't lie.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    What is it with these idiot young people. About a month ago Marshall University's number one football recruit, a quarterback from somewhere in Fla. did a robbery with a gun with a couple other kids. BTW, Marshall is in Huntington WV. Anyway, do these people have no brains. Not only is a free education and four years of football gone but your life is over and you or someone else could have been killed. I think the gangster culture cool factor has sucked the brains right out of some young people. It's hard to believe they are that stupid but I guess the facts don't lie.
    What's gotten into these 'thugs' and that's all they are...THUGS...is a feeling of entitlement. They have no value of life nor do they have a work ethic.
    Anything they get is theirs, and anything 'you gots' is theirs, too!

Stay armed...more sad times coming...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Anything they get is theirs, and anything 'you gots' is theirs, too!
    I axe yuh ... wuts wrong widdis picher?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Funny thing, postal workers cannot have a gun on post office property, and probably not while working at all. In Virginia, rural route postal workers are exempted from the requirement to have a permit for legal concealed carry.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Funny thing, postal workers cannot have a gun on post office property, and probably not while working at all. In Virginia, rural route postal workers are exempted from the requirement to have a permit for legal concealed carry.
    My rural route postman was shot by a teenager with a pellet gun a couple of years ago!. It entered next to his left eye & traveled past his temple, where it had to be surgically removed!
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links