Bad : Woman Shoots Husband In ICU

Bad : Woman Shoots Husband In ICU

This is a discussion on Bad : Woman Shoots Husband In ICU within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; One dead in shooting at CAMC June 13, 2009 @ 04:35 PM 2009/The Herald-Dispatch Herald-Dispatch.com Charleston - A man was killed after he was shot ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad : Woman Shoots Husband In ICU

Thumbs down Bad : Woman Shoots Husband In ICU

One dead in shooting at CAMC
    June 13, 2009 @ 04:35 PM

2009/The Herald-Dispatch

Herald-Dispatch.com

Charleston - A man was killed after he was shot by his estranged wife in the ICU of CAMC Memorial Hospital earlier today.

Police say the woman walked up to the man and shot him in the head using a handgun, and he died a short time later. The woman was arrested by police at the hospital and is being questioned at this time. Police expect her to be arraigned within the next couple of hours, and it is expected that she will be charged with first-degree murder.

It is unclear whether or not the pair were together, but police say a divorce had already been set in motion.

Police are not releasing any names until family members can be informed of the incident.

One dead in shooting at CAMC - The Herald Dispatch

Not many details, but really shocking. I don't think I've ever heard of this. Guess nobody really saw it coming.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

OMG wonder if she was the reason he was in the hospital to begin with.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Well.... she wanted to make sure he "didn't make it" ..... or , she didn't want to wait any longer. Does make one wonder why he was in ICU in the first place and if it had anything to do with her.

Ha, my Ex... tried poison..... obviously the Dr figured it out after numerous tests. He suspected something while I visited him several times to give blood for tests , as he told me "make sure for awhile you are cooking all of your own meals".

My guess is she'll get off, or get off lightly. She'll plead abuse or mental issues.

I'll bet a case of beer to a quarter that she'll say she did it because she was abused.

I'd charge her with premeditated murder and refuse to plea bargain.

yes, much more to this story.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports - News - CAMC patient shot dead in ICU*

CAMC patient shot dead in ICU

By Kathryn Gregory
    Staff writer

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- A woman is charged with first-degree murder after she walked into CAMC Memorial Hospital Saturday and allegedly shot her estranged husband dead in the third-floor intensive care unit.

Police say Rhonda Kay Stewart, 53, of Elkview walked into her husband's room with a handgun and shot him in the head sometime before 2 p.m.

Sammy Lee Stewart was pronounced dead around 2:30 p.m., said Detective Autumn Davis with the Charleston Police Criminal Investigation Division.

According to a criminal complaint, Rhonda Stewart went to visit her husband Saturday. An argument broke out, and hospital staff asked Stewart to leave.

A short time later, she went back to the hospital, entered his room and shot him, the complaint said.

Then she walked out of the room and handed the pistol to a doctor.

Police arrested Rhonda Stewart within minutes of the shooting. They led her away from the hospital in handcuffs.

Police said she waived her Miranda rights and admitted to shooting her husband.

Davis said investigators had not pinpointed a motive for the killing as of Saturday afternoon.

Stewart was questioned for about four hours at Charleston Police headquarters.

Then, police led her in handcuffs across the street to Magistrate Court to be arraigned.

She covered her face with tissues and was crying uncontrollably.

"I'm so sorry," she said to reporters. "Oh God, oh God, oh God."

As of Saturday night, Stewart was being held at South Central Regional Jail in Charleston without bail.

Chaos in the ICU

Earlier Saturday afternoon, several police cruisers sat outside the main entrance of the hospital and police were seen carrying rifles in the hospital.

Adam Webb was in the emergency room on the first floor with his father when he saw the police rush into the building with guns drawn.

"I could hear them screaming," he said.

Angie Eggleton of Hurricane was visiting her grandmother on the third floor, just a few rooms down from where the shooting happened.

"We heard a really loud pop," she said. "It scared us, but we didn't think anything of it."

Eggleton said she thought a balloon might have popped, and poked her head out the door into the hallway.

She saw a woman come out of a room a few doors down and collapse against the wall sobbing.

A nurse ran by and told everyone to get out of the wing, and another nurse was on the phone, she said.

Eggleton and her family went down to the lobby as police rushed into the building.

Eggleton's mother, Suzanne Eggleton, was in the lobby when the shooting occurred.

Before the shooting, she said she saw the suspected shooter leave the ICU in tears. At the time, she thought the woman might have just learned a family member was dying.

"She was just breaking down something awful," Suzanne Eggleton said.

After the shooting, she saw that same woman being led out of the hospital by police.

"Her head was down and she was just crying," she said.

Both mother and daughter say that after the shooting, a young pregnant woman came into the lobby and apologized.

"She said she was so sorry," Suzanne Eggleton said.

CAMC spokesman Dale Witte did not return several phone calls seeking comment, but released the following statement:

"This is an unfortunate and tragic event. CAMC is cooperating fully with Charleston Police. CAMC will not be making any further statements regarding this situation."

Angie Eggleton said hospital staff and police were not allowing people onto the third floor, but traffic continued to come in and out of the hospital after the shooting.

"They need someone watching the door or something or a metal detector," Suzanne Eggleton said.

"It's the last thing you ever think will happen," Angie Eggleton said.

Reach Kathryn Gregory at kathr...@wvgazette.com or 304-348-5119. Reach Veronica Nett at veroni...@wvgazette.com or 304.348-5113.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Talk about pulling the plug on someone sick.........
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Update

Woman, victim named in hospital shooting
    June 13, 2009 @ 07:13 PM

The Associated Press

The Associated Press

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Police said a woman entered a hospital intensive-care unit and fatally shot her estranged husband.

Charleston Police Detective Autumn Davis said 53-year-old Rhonda Stewart of Elkview faces a first-degree murder charge in Saturday’s shooting of 56-year-old Sammy Stewart.

Davis said Stewart walked into CAMC Memorial Hospital’s intensive-care unit and shot her husband in the head with a handgun about 2 p.m. Saturday. Police arrested her within minutes of the shooting. The victim was pronounced dead about a half-hour later.

Police weren’t releasing the motive behind the slaying.
    Woman, victim named in hospital shooting - The Herald Dispatch

The town of Elkview is where my grandmother grew up. My great-uncle still lives there.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Wow. Stories where the wife shoots the husband are fairly rare. I'll am curious to know what any sort of motive might be. This is an odd one.

It's probably just a guess, but I'll bet he wasn't an angel...
    Granted, no one deserves to die like that.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's probably just a guess, but I'll bet he wasn't an angel...
    Granted, no one deserves to die like that.
    Um...perhaps I disagree there.

I keep hearing about crazy stuff happening at hospitals. I'm glad I have my CC because I will not be disarming when my wife goes to deliver the baby!

ditto Torrid...

VIP Member
    Sad. It's over Jonnie, It's over.

VIP Member
    I wonder what's going to happen when BhOCare takes effect? That might be the governments way of dealing with people who don't 'qualify' for treatment.......
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links