Why I'm glad we now have reciprocity

This is a discussion on Why I'm glad we now have reciprocity within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I need to attend meetings at Myrtle Beach about once a year. IMHO, it's a 24/7 Yellow (or higher) awareness zone. Armed robberies spike along ...

Thread: Why I'm glad we now have reciprocity

VIP Member

Why I'm glad we now have reciprocity

I need to attend meetings at Myrtle Beach about once a year. IMHO, it's a 24/7 Yellow (or higher) awareness zone.

Armed robberies spike along Grand Strand : News : WPDE

Armed robberies spike along Grand Strand

By Graeme Moore
    Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 7:11 p.m.

There have been at least 10 armed robberies or attempted armed robberies in Myrtle Beach and Horry County since Monday, June 8, according to NewsChannel 15 records.

Around 1:30 a.m. Saturday, five to six armed men entered a second floor room at the Happy Holiday on South Ocean Boulevard and kidnapped a man inside, according to Myrtle Beach Police.

Police records show the robbers put the man in a stolen vehicle, drove him to an ATM and then dropped him off on Society Drive in Conway. Horry County Police located the victim and returned him to his hotel shortly after that. No arrests have been made.

Around 2:00 p.m. Saturday, Myrtle Beach Police received a call that a man entered a business near 14th Avenue South and Ocean Boulevard. Once inside, the man pulled a gun and pointed it at someone inside.

A few minutes later near the Landmark Inn, police arrested a man who fit the description and was carrying a gun.

On Friday night, Myrtle Beach Police responded to a report of shots fired and an assault in the parking lot of the Captain's Quarters on South Ocean Boulevard. Police said a man was hit in the head with a pistol and that the suspects fled. It wasn't clear whether a robbery occurred.

Those three incidents cap off a week full of armed robberies, beginning at La Tienda Viva Mexico, a grocery store on Highway 17 Bypass near the Myrtle Beach Airport.

Around 9:45 pm Monday, four armed men entered the grocery store with pistols and shotguns and robbed the two clerks and the owner who pulled up during the robbery.

One man, 18-year-old Deandre Bishop, was later arrested in Georgia after police released surveillance video to the media.

That same day and night there were four other robberies -- two taxicab drivers and two holdups.

On Thursday, robbers hit three times -- twice in Myrtle Beach and once in Longs.

Two men tried to hold up the Dixie Discount Beverages in Myrtle Beach, but police say before they could rob it, a clerk inside pulled out a gun and scared the men away.

Around noon that same day, someone was held up in the Dillard's parking lot at Coastal Grand Mall. There was no surveillance video, and police have not yet arrested anyone.

And in Longs, the Quick Cash Advance became a target when two armed men held up the store and made off with money, detectives with the Horry County Police Department said.

If you have information about any of these crimes, you are asked to call Myrtle Beach Police at 843-918-1382 or the Horry County Police Department at 843-915-5350.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    I need to attend meetings at Myrtle Beach about once a year. IMHO, it's a 24/7 Yellow (or higher) awareness zone.

Armed robberies spike along Grand Strand : News : WPDE
    Sounds like a real peach of a neighborhood. I suppose the chances of having to shoot someone in self-defense are actually quite high. Personally, I think I'd opt for a slightly different locale to do business or live.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Links