Good: Clerk 2; BG's 0 KC, KS.

This is a discussion on Good: Clerk 2; BG's 0 KC, KS. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just saw this on local KCTV5 news. Not up on website yet so no link. As reported on live breaking news... Two robbers enter store ...

Thread: Good: Clerk 2; BG's 0 KC, KS.

Thumbs up Good: Clerk 2; BG's 0 KC, KS.

Just saw this on local KCTV5 news. Not up on website yet so no link.

As reported on live breaking news...

Two robbers enter store in Kansas City, Kansas one armed with a shotgun. They fire the shotgun and the clerk dives to the floor and comes up with his own gun.

Shoots both robbers who then flee the store. One robber found dead close by and the other is in the hospital in critical condition.

Police are calling it self defense on it's surface but DA will investigate and make decision soon.

I just saw this about 30 min ago on local news and story was still developing... I can't seem to locate it on their website so if anyone has any more details, feel free to post.

Sorry for the sketchy details... It's all I got on the short news clip!

Good Guy = 2
    Bad Guys = 0

Update: Link to Story Below

Clerk kills would-be robber and critically wounds another, police say

A Kansas City, Kan., corner-store clerk fought back when two men tried to rob him tonight, shooting and killing one suspect and critically injuring the other, police said.

Officers were called to the 5th Avenue Convenience Mart at Fifth Street and Quindaro Boulevard shortly before 7 p.m., Officer Mike Golden said.

The clerk told them two men with long guns entered the store and demanded money, Golden said. When one of the suspects fired a shot, the clerk grabbed a handgun from behind the counter and shot both suspects.

One ran halfway up the block before collapsing, dropping a gun in the middle of Quindaro. An ambulance took him to a hospital, but he died before arriving, Golden said.

The second suspect made it slightly farther and went to the hospital in a private vehicle.

The clerk, mildly injured in the scuffle, was checked by paramedics at the scene.

Detectives and crime-scene technicians were on scene investigating the incident — the sixth homicide in five days for Kansas City, Kan.

“It’s been a very busy week,” Golden said. “We don’t have an answer for why.”
    Last edited by Bark'n; June 27th, 2009 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Update of story with posted link
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    umm, because it's KC, where you can get shot for a leftover BBQ rib! Although a long time ago, the Kansas side was safer than downtown KC. Maybe it's getting more like East STL now?

When one of the suspects fired a shot, the clerk grabbed a handgun from behind the counter and shot both suspects.
    Fantastic, I love stories with good endings.

An ambulance took him to a hospital, but he died before arriving, Golden said.
    Hopefully, it was because the EMT's stopped for lunch on the way.

Tthe sixth homicide in five days for Kansas City, Kan.
    Why? It's because dirtbags are multiplying like rabbits, and it's time to have an open season on them. No repeat offenders, just dead offenders (by Ted Nugent, of course.).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Tthe sixth homicide in five days for Kansas City, Kan.
    Why? It's because dirtbags are multiplying like rabbits, and it's time to have an open season on them. No repeat offenders, just dead offenders (by Ted Nugent, of course.).
    Shhh.....be very, very, quite, I'm hunting scumbags.......

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    No repeat offenders, just dead offenders (by Ted Nugent, of course.).
    I like Ted. Wish he'd run for President!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Yes, a nice bedtime story for sure. As for Ted, I attended several concerts back when Ted and I were both young and really dug his guitar riffs. Now I like his political views just as much. Ted ain't much on political correctness, and neither am I!

Quote Originally Posted by kingdaddyoh View Post
    Yes, a nice bedtime story for sure. As for Ted, I attended several concerts back when Ted and I were both young and really dug his guitar riffs. Now I like his political views just as much. Ted ain't much on political correctness, and neither am I!
    And that's why I think he'd be great as President.

We need a true person in the Office, not some one who kowtows to other nations!
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

That's the kind of "gun control" I want to hear about on the news!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Rustynuts-There are lots of parts of KC that I feel relatively comfortable in-as in condition yellow.

Fifth and Quindaro is miles away from those places. No place to be during the day, let alone after dark.

Kudos to the clerk.

VIP Member
    Good call by the store clerk. Let's just hope he survives the civil action.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Links