Boxing Champ 1, BG's 0 / Campbell foils robbery !

This is a discussion on Boxing Champ 1, BG's 0 / Campbell foils robbery ! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Campbell Foils Robbery! By Flattop Former unified lightweight champion Nate Campbell foiled a strong arm robbery today in Tampa, Florida. Campbell, along with advisor Terry ...

Thread: Boxing Champ 1, BG's 0 / Campbell foils robbery !

Campbell Foils Robbery!

By Flattop

Former unified lightweight champion Nate Campbell foiled a strong arm robbery today in Tampa, Florida. Campbell, along with advisor Terry Trekas were exiting a Publix Supermarket in Tampa when they witnessed two men snatch a purse from a woman loading groceries into her vehicle. Campbell and Trekas chased the suspects to a nearby apartment, where the suspects barricaded themselves inside. Multiple units from the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office arrived on scene in minutes, and captured both suspects inside the apartment. The victim’s purse was found inside the suspect’s vehicle. Sheriff officials on the scene advised Campbell that the men and their vehicle were suspects in at least six additional strong-arm robberies in the area. “Man, look here. That could have been my mom, my sister, or my wife. If someone wants to jack a dope man or something, that’s one thing, because they chose that life. But to do that to this woman, who is just minding her business getting her groceries, man I can’t let that go. Had it been my mom or something, I hope someone else would do the same,” said Campbell.

Two more dirtbags take on a lonely woman.They need their O2 breathing certificates canceled.

Congrats to Mr. Campbell for his alertness and interest...a great citizen.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A hero in my book!

Thank you Mr. Campbell
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    That is a good story.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Kudos to the guy. Didn't whip out the roscoe or interfere in a way that could have gotten folks killed, but he did help. Helped in the way he could, and in a safe manner that solved this crime (and apparently a recent string of others). Kudos upon him, for his presence of mind to do what he could.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Two more dirtbags take on a lonely woman.They need their O2 breathing certificates canceled.
    Oh, no! Can't do thaaaat. The felons have a right to life, remember?

Yeah. Life away from others, for my nickel. Anybody know of a good island, 100 sq mi or more, remote location, not within 500mi of shipping lanes or air traffic? If we find one, we should create a new export market, of sorts.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I really like his quote. He has a good, level-headed view of that situation.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Just a shame that the muggers were able to barricade themselves in the apartment before he could do some speed-bag work on their melons...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

A funny story about Nate 'The Galaxy Warrior' Campbell . Years ago he's fighting Robbie Peden, a tough Australian kid, Campbell is dominating Peden,who is a pretty good fighter in his own right but not on the level of Campbell.Late in the fight, maybe even the last round,don't remember Campbell is showboating,sticking his chin out,daring Peden to hit him ! He was closer than he thought and Pedens hands faster than Nate needed them to be..LOL. BOOM,..Good Night Irene !.....KO for Peden. Campbell lost a fight that he was winning every second of every round and lost a shot at the title, took a couple of years to rebuild his career after that.
    Last year at age 36 or 37 he dismantled the Unified Lightweight Champ, Juan Diaz. Persistence paid off. Next month he fights Timothy Bradley for his title.

Sponsored Links