Housing Project Police kill armed moron

This is a discussion on Housing Project Police kill armed moron within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 7/2/2009 - Shooting Involving Police Officer Leaves One Man Dead - Breaking News - Chattanoogan.com When cop says drop the gun, drop the gun. Shooting ...

Thread: Housing Project Police kill armed moron

Housing Project Police kill armed moron

7/2/2009 - Shooting Involving Police Officer Leaves One Man Dead - Breaking News - Chattanoogan.com

When cop says drop the gun, drop the gun.

Shooting Involving Police Officer Leaves One Man Dead
    posted July 2, 2009

A police officer with the Chattanooga Housing Authority Public Safety Division was involved in a shooting incident Wednesday night that led to the death of one man.

Around 8:50 p.m. the officer found some individuals at 2500 4th Avenue who appeared to be involved in a dispute. As the officer attempted to make contact with the suspects, the officer observed that one of them had a gun. The armed suspect refused to drop the gun despite several commands to do so.

After the shooting, the suspect was taken to Erlanger Hospital where he died from his injuries. Police have not confirmed the identity of the suspect shot.

Investigators with the Chattanooga Police Department are working to determine what happened before and after the encounter with police.

One individual was taken into custody at the scene, but his role in the dispute is unknown. The Chattanooga Housing Authority Officer involved in the shooting was not physically injured during the incident. The Chattanooga Police Department will conduct the investigation with the assistance of the Chattanooga Housing Authority in determining the nature of events.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a drug dealer/ user dispute and the drug thug unwilling to drop his weapon. These Gov't housing projects are just magnets for crime. Hope the LEO shot a drug thug and not an innocent bystander.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Hope the LEO shot a drug thug and not an innocent bystander.
    My thought would be if he would not drop the gun, he was not innocent. I could be wrong though.
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

The dead guy had the option of dropping the gun or getting shot. What other outcome of his choice did he expect?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Good job on the part of the Police Officer; He did his job and went home to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    The dead guy had the option of dropping the gun or getting shot. What other outcome of his choice did he expect?
    Agreed.

Further even if the person were deaf he'd know by sight that an officer is verbalizing toward him, with a gun pointed in his direction too.
    Common sense dictates gun drop in the immediate...or else.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Maroon with gun refuses po-po's directions...gets shot and dies...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Im thinking he should have dropped the gun........

[QUOTE=albundy;1207807
    Chattanooga Housing Authority Public Safety Division [/QUOTE]

If your city has one of these, it's already behind the power curve. Don't be caught within 5 miles of anything "governed" by a Housing Authority.

It's like my mother use to say when I was a kid "don't make me have to tell you twice".

If only he had his CCW badge on him, this all could have been avoided........
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

There is some controversy about this shooting. CHA says the deceased was shot once center mass from the front. His grandmother claims he died from 4 shots in the back.

Chattanooga Times Free Press | Chattanooga: 1 shooting, 2 accounts

It's true that he was a drug dealer and refused to drop the weapon, but later at the hospital he finally did the right thing.

His grandmother claims ...
    How about if she would have said. "I warned him and warned him and now he perished in the manner that we all predicted. I hope his friends wake up. " But no - even when the kid is dead she still acts as the enabler in chief, defending his derelict behavior by casting blame upon others. Maybe she can write a letter to Obama?

Links