All star stupid. Guy flashes gun, gets a beatdown

This is a discussion on All star stupid. Guy flashes gun, gets a beatdown within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://http://www.king5.com/localnew...W.ffb7975.html Two arrested for assault, shots fired in Seattle 02:17 PM PDT on Sunday, July 5, 2009 KING5.com Staff SEATTLE Seattle Police arrested two ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All star stupid. Guy flashes gun, gets a beatdown

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

All star stupid. Guy flashes gun, gets a beatdown

http://http://www.king5.com/localnew...W.ffb7975.html

Two arrested for assault, shots fired in Seattle

02:17 PM PDT on Sunday, July 5, 2009

KING5.com Staff

SEATTLE Seattle Police arrested two people Saturday night after a man was beaten and a gun was discharged.

Police say at about 10:20 p.m., an argument began between the victim and the suspects on the dock of the boat moorage in the 1800 Block of Westlake Avenue North.

Police say the victim asked the suspect to stop using foul language and to keep it down. When the suspects became aggressive, the victim showed them a holstered handgun and told them he feared for his safety.

The suspects rushed the victim and began beating him.

One of the suspects kicked the victim in the head while the victim was lying on the ground.

In the ensuing struggle with the gun it discharged. No one was hit.

The gun was kicked into water.

The victim sustained extensive injuries to his face and head. He was transported to Harborview Medical Center.

The suspects were arrested and booked into King County Jail for Investigation of Assault.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

I secretly worry about such scenarios at times. Not that I would show a couple of beligerent guys that I was carrying -just that if I had to draw, I might not make the draw with sufficient speed when (if) the time comes. Close quarters crap like this is very common.

He tried to play the intimidation card but he wasn't ready to back it up with action.

Dumb***t vs Scumbags Get your tickets now!
    I ain't what I otta be, I ain't what I wanta be, I ain't what I could be,

But thank God, I ain't what I used to be,
    And, Praise God, I ain't what I'm gonna be!

II Cor 3:18

At the very least, the news is calling the guy with the firearm the "victim" for once.

I think that firearms empower some who don't have much physical strength or are very timid. Gives them a sense of equalization. Not a good way to be, but sometimes with people that cannot be avoided. Not a perfect world to say the least.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Really stupid on his part,call LEO and let them handle it.Some states may see you confronting somebody as escalating the situation to where if you have to shoot to stop a perceived threat it may not end well for you legally
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Actually, there is some good that came out of this. The two who were arrested likely are a continuing danger to the rest of us, as most sensible folks would back down if they know someone is armed. Sounds like the usual alcohol thingy to me.

Moral of story. Make space to act and don't make idle threats. Also, carry cell phone and carry pepper spray.

In Hindsight, He should have never showed his gun. He should have left and reported the nuisance to the police. Had he not "threatened" them, probably no incident would have occurred. This can easily get turned to make him into the aggressor and the attackers "fearing for their life".

Sad story, the gun got dunked and did nothing wrong. At least the guy made it out alive and will have time to think about his stupid actions and how they could have killed him.

Now one of two things will happen, next time he will either A) ask them to calm down and then call the LEO if they don't (or simply leave) or B) he will simply shoot them when they don't calm down. I hope option A will be his choice, but you never know what a good old beat down will result down the road.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I see the gun-grabbers turning this into a fine example of how useless a firearm is for protection.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    I see the gun-grabbers turning this into a fine example of how useless a firearm is for protection.
    I can see that. Even though we all know which weapon he failed to use, the grey matter.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Confronting drunks is always a bad idea. Trying to use you weapon for shear intimidation is an equally bad idea. I wonder if the victim was a little intoxicated himself.

Clearly a case of call 911 and let the LEO's handle the drunks.

In this case, stupid is as stupid does.
    NRA Life Member

I'm surprised that someone in the all-knowing all-sensible mainstream anti-gun media didn't say the gun drowned and now is no longer a threat to anyone...
    The first rule of self-defense is to avoid the situation. The second rule is Train and Prepare.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Classic case of:

Thinking the gun is a magic talisman to ward off evil.

Not making the decision to shoot BEFORE you get in the muck. Guy wasn't committed.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2 problems:

1) Inserting oneself into a non-event over trivia rather than using avoidance techniques;

2) Failing to be prepared to use whatever means are necessary to preserve oneself.

Definitely a grey matter failure here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links