Couple attacked outside their motel room

This is a discussion on Couple attacked outside their motel room within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My answer would have been..... 3-5 hornady TAP FP 45acp rounds in rapid succession in the one attacking me and the rest of the magazine ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple attacked outside their motel room

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    My answer would have been.....

3-5 hornady TAP FP 45acp rounds in rapid succession in the one attacking me and the rest of the magazine in the other assailiant.

And it would have been justified on camera!

Problem solved.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Situational awareness goes for everybody all the time. And even though it isn't kosher I personally feel that when and if they find those POS and any other POS that have been caught assaulting folks it should be allowed to let the victims' kids and or grandkids do the same to them. But I'm uneducated old school sorry. Assault is bad enough but there's just something that really chaps my hide when somebody picks on kids and or the elderly.

I was hoping to see the older man pull a gun and shoot them both in the head while they attacked his wife.

How come we don't see any video's like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    sad video
    Yes, it is. :|

Real world.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Looks like Obama's core of support doing a redistribution of wealth by relieving the bourgeoisie of their means of oppression. Hope and Change!

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    Looks like Obama's core of support doing a redistribution of wealth by relieving the bourgeoisie of their means of oppression. Hope and Change!
    This has NOTHING to do with Obama or his presidency. If you are too stupid to understand that, then please SHUT THE HELL UP!

It makes me sick to see that old women being beat mercilessly, im sure the BG's will try to do this to the wrong person and end up getting whats coming to them....sad to think someone would actually do this to our elders.....just very sad

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    This has NOTHING to do with Obama or his presidency. If you are too stupid to understand that, then please SHUT THE HELL UP!

Rob

I don't think they guy is serious about this being Obama's wealth policy. I think its called tongue and cheek humor. I believe it's inappropriate comment on someones suffering.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

^^^ I agree that it is inappropriate to comment on someone's suffering in a certain fashion.

Even tongue-in-cheek humor has limits. Trying to make a connection (even a horrible one) between a woman getting beaten on camera by thugs and the Obama administration policies isn't even in the same category as "gallows humor." There is nothing "funny" about any of the video and I am OUTRAGED that someone would try to make a joke of it.

Whatever anyone's personal opinion on the current administration; that opinion has NOTHING to do with anything on the video and cheapens the hurt suffered by the victims. By asserting this personal opinion, even when clearly inapplicable to the events under discussion, the speaker has proven that he DOES NOT CARE that someone was harmed except to gloat and say "I told you so."

Yeah, it was a sad video. I watched it and it gave me the creeps. I was also outraged. The perps got away it plain and simple.

My apologies for an offensive remark. This is not a political forum and I tried to bring politics into it.
    Last edited by lance22; July 8th, 2009 at 10:36 PM.

EdC
    Sickening. Also, reminds me that no matter how many scenarios you can think of, real life throws the unexpected at you. Let's presume that the BG's were unarmed (I think one of them had a club of some sort, but I'm not sure). What would happen to the victims if one of them shot and killed the unarmed attacker(s)? I think there you'd argue disparity of force, but I can see the possibility of the victims running into some problems with the legal system.

I'm not trying to argue that the victims wouldn't have been justified in using deadly force, just saying that there could be a problem when the BG's are unarmed, and just running at you. Let's say that even if the tape showed the man shooting the BG when he was beating the daylights out of his wife, a prosecutor or family member in a civil suit could argue that deadly force wasn't justified, because the BG was unarmed, and the other BG apparently had left. If I found myself in that situation, I would shoot and believe myself justified, but I wouldn't be surprised if I went through some serious stuff with the legal system after. Just thinking too much, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Here are some simple steps that I have used when traveling to smaller motels/hotels. While minor, I think they are good, common sense steps for raising the security level a bit.

• Pack lightly in a simple "night" bag only those items you'll be needing for that evening's stay. Even if you also travel with larger luggage pieces.
    • Be aware of your surroundings and the inbound lanes of access to you.
    • If there are two or more of you staying in the room, have one person work the key and the other(s) monitor the surroundings.
    • Don't stay at a motel/hotel with room doors facing publicly-accessible areas. They're crime magnets. You can be monitored and tied to a given room. Such doors can be easily kicked in.
    • Pick a room in the middle of a longer hallway. This affords a simple and effective view if the inbound lanes an attacker must travel to get to you, during entry/exit. Your patterns won't be noted and tied to a specific room. Your door will simply be one of dozens in that hallway, reducing the likelihood of being targeted.
    • Be aware of motel staff that publicize your room number to all within hearing distance. If they do, request another room. Lobbies can be good places to mark juicy targets.
    • Travel with a small room alarm that goes off via motion, then use it to warn of intrusion into the room.
    • Finally, remember that vermin generally don't stay at the Ritz. Neither are you. Thus, some basic caution is due.

Simple steps, easily done. A small bag, a room in the interior hallway, paying attention, using a motion-sensing alarm.
    Awesome tips!
    I will add that if you can, drive past any destination and have a look around. This may allow you to see any undesireables hanging out or hiding near your entryway.

Always call the front desk of a hotel/motel if someone knocks announcing themselves as housekeeping or maintenance.
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Quote Originally Posted by EdC View Post
    Sickening. Also, reminds me that no matter how many scenarios you can think of, real life throws the unexpected at you. Let's presume that the BG's were unarmed (I think one of them had a club of some sort, but I'm not sure). What would happen to the victims if one of them shot and killed the unarmed attacker(s)? I think there you'd argue disparity of force, but I can see the possibility of the victims running into some problems with the legal system.

I'm not trying to argue that the victims wouldn't have been justified in using deadly force, just saying that there could be a problem when the BG's are unarmed, and just running at you. Let's say that even if the tape showed the man shooting the BG when he was beating the daylights out of his wife, a prosecutor or family member in a civil suit could argue that deadly force wasn't justified, because the BG was unarmed, and the other BG apparently had left. If I found myself in that situation, I would shoot and believe myself justified, but I wouldn't be surprised if I went through some serious stuff with the legal system after. Just thinking too much, maybe.
    I agree, it could be a problem in some states.

Fortunately Texas law offers protection by allowing the use of deadly force from robbery, theft, "at night".
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links