Just when you though Illinois couldn't get any worse...

This is a discussion on Just when you though Illinois couldn't get any worse... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; they are going to free 10,000 criminals... 6,000 Criminals Could Be Released From Stateville Prison In Joliet, Illinois By Governor Pat Quinn - cbs2chicago.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just when you though Illinois couldn't get any worse...

Just when you though Illinois couldn't get any worse...

2. Remove Ads

Seems fairly reasonable to me. If they are all "non-violent criminals with less than a year left to serve", then what's the big deal?

The USA already has more people incarcerated than any other nation on the planet. We are too eager to put people in jail, IMHO. It's time to start being more realistic and maybe reducing or eliminating jail time for some offenses (pot smoking immediately comes to mind).

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Agreed, Chevy. Let out the non-violent criminals (for good behavior, etc.), or those without victims, and keep in the murderers, psychotics, and sex criminals.

It's releasing these animals that makes me burn.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Agreed, Chevy. Let out the non-violent criminals (for good behavior, etc.), or those without victims, and keep in the murderers, psychotics, and sex criminals.

It's releasing these animals that makes me burn.
    I second this...

Distinguished Member
    The serial killer in Gaffney, SC was released in April and was considered non-violent.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    The serial killer in Gaffney, SC was released in April and was considered non-violent.
    They found the perfect cure for his violence...late, but 100% effective.

To the OP...
    If you do the crime, you do the time...all of it.
    If you don't like the law, change it. It's either against the law or it isn't, and letting folks out early is a 'slippery' road to walk down. It's a bit of the reason our society is in this mess. OMOYMV
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Petty crime leads to VIOLENT CRIME !!!
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    BS he had a rap sheet 25 pages long. I believe he had plenty of assaults and robberies on it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

We're screwed!!! I also heard they are cutting 1000 department of correction job's.

This is typical. Lets cut funding to essential services and ignore the entitlements that are the real budget busters. As for comparing the percentage of our population in jail compared to other countries? Many just kill their criminals. The other countries? How safe do Americans typically feel in "non-tourist" areas of these understanding and compassionate countries?

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    This doesn't really belong under this topic as it doesn't relate to personal defense. However, I have to chime in and agree with retsupt. Because someone isn't violent doesn't mean they don't belong locked up and paying for their crime. How about the Greenpeace clowns today that tresspassed on Mt. Rushmore hanging a banner next to Lincoln? If people don't think they are going to have to face the consiquences of their actions, then what is there to stop them from breaking the law? You are left with the equivelent of children whos parents failed to be consistent and teach them that "no" means "no" every time, no exceptions.

If we can't lock people up for breaking the law, we should at least be able to beat them silly with a club.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Thats just the begining of it, a couple of years back they closed down some of the projects in chicago and sent them to my little home town of danville illinois, population 30,000, ever since then we have had at least 7 murders a year, that might not seem like much but when you realize that it isnt a big town, thats when you start to see the real picture. Not to mention all the drug related violence that isn't murder, to put it simply the town has gone to ****. Im glad I no longer live in Illinois, but my parents do and this release of prisoners might just be the motivation they need for them to move back to Kentucky!

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Weak or ineffective consequences serve only to embolden law breakers. They aren't grateful and appreciative of getting off the hook early, they simply learn that getting caught isn't as bad as it sounds. Although it's more obvious when observing children, it's a fault of human nature that extends into adulthood.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Weak or ineffective consequences serve only to embolden law breakers. They aren't grateful and appreciative of getting off the hook early, they simply learn that getting caught isn't as bad as it sounds. Although it's more obvious when observing children, it's a fault of human nature that extends into adulthood.
    that's what I said
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I work @ a state prison in southern IL and let me tell you some people are only on this earth because it is illegal to shoot them. You can't fix stupid. Sorry I'm a little jaded as I put up with their (inmates) whining and bitching on a daily basis. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. What the Gov. needs to do is hire more security staff in the prisons and weed out all the assistants to the assistants to the directors assistant types.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links