Bad: Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor

This is a discussion on Bad: Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Never a good scene: TAMPA, Fla. — Authorities say a bullet from a gun that was accidentally dropped injured a Tampa woman sitting in a ...

Thread: Bad: Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor

Never a good scene:

TAMPA, Fla. — Authorities say a bullet from a gun that was accidentally dropped injured a Tampa woman sitting in a bathroom stall.

Police say the bullet hit 53-year-old Janifer Bliss in the lower left leg. She was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.

Bliss was sitting on the toilet in a hotel bathroom when a woman in the next stall accidentally let her handgun slip out of her waist holster. The weapon discharged when it hit the ground.

Police say the gun belonged to 56-year-old Debra Monce who has a concealed weapons permit.

The case has been referred to the State Attorney's Office to determine if any charges will be filed.
    Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
    2A is not negotiable

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Curious to know what type of gun and what condition it was carried in. Most modern guns should be reasonably drop-safe, and an inertia discharge would generally require that the bullet be vertical (muzzle straight up or straight down). Either makes it somewhat hard to hit the leg of the person next to you. Not impossible, mind you, but that's why I am curious. And no doubt that sort of useful detail will never make the news...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

I was just having that very same discussion here at our office. It sounds as if she might have tried to catch it and pulled the trigger accidently.

I always want to see follow-up on stories like this one to see if charges are pressed and wheter or not she will lose her CCW permit
    2A is not negotiable

Agreed Kazzer, very curious.
    I personally would not choose to carry a firearm that is not reasonably drop safe.
    I've tested all of mine as such mag in using snap caps.

As to the victim that is one more anti-gun person added to the voter rolls along with her husband, children, relatives, and friends as well.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Was there no saftey or anything... this will be interesting to fallow
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
    - Luke 11:21

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Senior Moderator
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Sponsored Links