BAD on several counts

This is a discussion on BAD on several counts within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First at the loss of a 10 year old child Second at the amount of time that it took for help to arrive. While you ...

Thread: BAD on several counts

BAD on several counts

First at the loss of a 10 year old child

Second at the amount of time that it took for help to arrive.

While you may never end up in this situation, there is always a chance which is why I carry or have a firearm within reach and ONLY answer the door when I KNOW who is there.

3TV Extra | Video On Demand | Arizona | azfamily.com

2. Remove Ads

Totally unreal. Seems like it took way to long for the police to get there. It always makes me mad when I hear the 911 asking so many questions. I know it's there job but seems so invasive at such a horrible time. I was totally surprised at how calm the woman was.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    That's why I have a VERY heavy hitting dog and am ALWAYS armed. It sure did seem like a long PD response time.

Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    Seems like it took way to long for the police to get there.
    This is a rural part of Arizona. I've done some training with Pinal County LEOs to the north. I asked what their worst-case response time was; the answer was "45 minutes at 100 miles an hour." Pima County, where this shooting took place, is even more rural outside of Tucson city limits.

Interesting enough is "SHTF" advice on the Pima Co. Sheriff's Office website: Terror Tips - Pima County Sheriff's Department

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Whether the response time is 5 minutes or 1 hour is really irrelevant most of the time -- you can be just as dead either way if you are one of those who thinks "crime won't happen to me". Sure would be nice if we could get people to shed that attitude!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Basic violation of the Rule of Stupids- don't let a dope dealer be your SO and the odds of bad stuff happening decrease dramatically.

Links