BAD-Chicago... Again

BAD-Chicago... Again

This is a discussion on BAD-Chicago... Again within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 4 Killed, At Least 8 Wounded In 6-Hour Bloodbath CHICAGO (CBS) ― Three men were fatally shot. One man was fatally stabbed. Police shot one ...

Thread: BAD-Chicago... Again

BAD-Chicago... Again

4 Killed, At Least 8 Wounded In 6-Hour Bloodbath

CHICAGO (CBS) ―

Three men were fatally shot. One man was fatally stabbed. Police shot one man and at least seven other people were wounded by gunfire -- including an 8-year-old boy sitting in his bedroom -- during an especially violent six hours late Wednesday and early Thursday mainly on the South and West Sides.

Miguel Loreto, 17, of the 5900 block of south Kolin Avenue, was shot in the head at 2936 W. Palmer St. and was pronounced dead at 10:27 p.m. at Norwegian-American Hospital, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.

At 10:08 p.m. Wednesday, a gunman on a bicycle approached Loreto and shot him in the head, according to police, who said the shooting is possibly gang-related.

Terrance Hollins, 17, of the 7300 block of south Dorchester Avenue, was shot at 6422 S. Eggleston Ave. and was dead on the scene, the medical examiner's office said.

At 11:58 p.m. Wednesday, Hollins was shot during a "gun fight" that also left another man hospitalized, police said.

About 2:30 a.m. Thursday, a man and woman were shot while inside a vehicle and crashed into a building near South LaSalle and West 59th streets, according to police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak.

The 29-year-old man was pronounced dead 4:38 a.m. at Stroger Hospital of Cook County, according to the medical examiner's office, which was not releasing his name pending family notification.

The woman was taken to University of Chicago Hospitals with a gunshot wound to the arm, Kubiak said.

At 4:08 a.m. Thursday, a man was stabbed at 1431 N. Rockwell St. during a fight, police said. The man was pronounced dead at 4:45 a.m. at Stroger Hospital, according to the medical examiner's office, which was not releasing the man's name pending family notification. A man suspected in the slaying was in custody Thursday as of 7:30 a.m.

At 11:22 p.m. Wednesday, an 8-year-old boy sitting in his bedroom in the 6500 block of south Green Street was struck by bullets that came through the window, police said.

The boy suffered gunshot wounds to the back and arm and was taken to University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital in serious to critical condition, authorities said. The boy is expected to survive.

At 11:46 p.m. Wednesday, Calumet Area Gun Team officers shot a man near South Yale Avenue and West 116th Street after he and another man refused to drop their weapons after a report of shots fired, according to a police News Affairs statement.

The man was taken to Roseland Community Hospital with a gunshot wound to the arm and has not been charged as of Thursday morning, police said.

The other man escaped and was not in custody, the statement said.

About 12:30 a.m. Thursday, a man in his 20s was shot in the head at 1109 N. Wood St. -- less than a block from numerous busy Division Street bars and restaurants, police said.

At 12:37 a.m., a 24-year-old man was shot at 7935 S. Cottage Grove Ave, according to police, who said the shooting appears to have been over a $15 debt.

About 12:50 a.m. Thursday, a male was shot in the leg during an argument with a person he knew in the 3500 block of South Western Avenue, police said.

About 1:45 a.m., an 18-year-old man was shot outside at 4433 S. Mozart St. and was taken in "stable" condition to Mount Sinai Hospital with a gunshot wound to the leg, police said.

The STNG Wire contributed to this report.

4 Killed, At Least 8 Wounded In 6-Hour Bloodbath On South And West Sides - cbs2chicago.com

--------------------------------------------------------------

How will the Anti's blame the Pro's for this one????
    I thought gun control was supposed to prevent this from happening.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Let me guess...This happened in a predominantly white middle-class suburb?

Oh wait, I thought this post was about kids getting appearance tickets for riding skateboards on city property. My bad.

I find it both sickening and yet somehow validating that whenever we hear of violence in ChicagO it never includes the part of the story where some prepared citizen who lawfully owns a gun ends up protecting themselves with it. Mayor Daly is disgrace and so are all the Chicago thug politicians who recently moved to DC. Shame on you all.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Yikes, glad my sister is moving away from Chi-town.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

What do you expect from liberal world???
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

This can't be. Guns are illegal in Chicago.
    police said the shooting is possibly gang-related.
    Brilliant.
    South and West Sides
    I'd love to see push pins in a map. I'll bet I could tell you where they are.
    a gunman on a bicycle approached Loreto
    Times ARE tough.
    a male was shot in the leg during an argument with a person he knew
    You don't suppose drugs were involved?
    the shooting appears to have been over a $15 debt.
    Ditto.

And I hear the problem with America is the Christians?

It's about time Chicago had some gun laws...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Most everyone said exactly what I had come to mind. Can't possibly happen in Chicago..

But ret takes the cake... "Need to start putting in some gun laws".

Actually I think Chicago is probably the best place to try CCW. Let's see the crime rate after 500k people get permitted.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Boy Howdy!! In Southern Illinois [South of Mount Vernon] this sort of thing doesn't happen much. I'll let you guess why. These folks in Chicago continue to prove that they are the problem rather than the solution and ignore any data that does not support disarming the public. Bet y'all can't guess where in the USA organized crime is the strongest and most common? Gotta be somewhere you can't defend yourself. Gotta be somewhere politicians are getting funded by those who have something to gain by maintaining a vulnerable citizenry. Beginning to sound like WWII Germany or Italy? Guess again!

Sponsored Links