Franklin County man sought in slaying

This is a discussion on Franklin County man sought in slaying within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Rather strange report -- "No one will tell us... but ...." complete with pictures and maps. Roanoke Times Roanoke Va. Franklin County man sought in ...

VIP Member

Rather strange report -- "No one will tell us... but ...." complete with pictures and maps.

Roanoke Times Roanoke Va.

Franklin County man sought in slaying - Roanoke.com

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Police did not identify the victim, but the case started when a couple was reported missing.
    By Amanda Codispoti
    981-3334

Virginia State Police are looking for a Hardy man charged with murder, but they aren't saying who the victim is or where or when the body was found.

Philip Allan Kingery, 48, is wanted on charges of murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, according to a news release from state police.

He is de-scribed as a white male, 5 feet 8 inches tall, with blue eyes and blond hair. Kingery may be driving a white 2004 Ford F-150 pickup with Virginia plates PAK-ROK.

He should be considered armed and dangerous, state police said.

The case started as a missing person investigation on Monday, when a report of a missing couple was filed with state police and the Franklin County Sheriff's Office.

But additional information later turned the case into a criminal investigation, the news release said.

State police spokesman Sgt. Rob Carpentieri said he could not provide information about the status or identity of the missing couple, or say whether Kingery was one of the people reported missing. He said he did not know who filed the missing person report.

According to real estate tax records, Philip and Rose Kingery own a house in the 800 block of Coopers Cove Road.

Carpentieri said he couldn't answer questions about Rose Kingery's whereabouts because it is part of the investigation.

He also would not release any information about the slain victim, including the person's gender, age or relationship to Philip Kingery.

The body has been sent to the medical examiner's office for an autopsy.

On Friday, a van from the state police's Bureau of Criminal Investigations was parked in the Kingerys' driveway with its back doors open. An investigator told a reporter to leave the property because an investigation was going on there.

A member of the Kingery family declined to be interviewed Friday.

Anyone with information about the case or Kingery's whereabouts should call the Virginia State Police at (800) 542-5959 or the Franklin County Sheriff's Office at 483-3000.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member

More

Franklin County murder case: Police identify wife's body - Roanoke.com

Franklin County murder case: Police identify wife's body
    By Janelle Rucker | The Roanoke Times

The discovery of a woman's body near her Franklin County house led to the murder charge against her husband, state police confirmed this evening.

Police found the body of Rose Kingery, 52, Friday morning near the home on Coopers Cove Road in Hardy, said Sgt. Robert Carpentieri, a state police spokesman. Rose Kingery and her husband Philip lived in the home, according to Carpentieri.

The Kingerys were reported missing July 13. State police continue to search for Philip Kingery, 48, who is charged with murder.

Philip Kingery is described as a white male, 5 feet 8 inches tall, with blue eyes and blond hair. He could be driving a white 2004 Ford F-150 pickup truck with Virginia license plates PAK-ROK.

Considered armed and dangerous, state police are asking for the public's help in locating Philip Kingery.

Joan Danisch, an aunt of Rose Kingery, said she never knew there was anything wrong between the couple.

"They were so devoted," she said. "I cannot for the life of me believe that Philip Kingery could kill a fly."

She described Rose Kingery as helpful and said Philip Kingery made "beautiful furniture" behind their Hardy home.

"Whatever happened, happened suddenly," said Danisch, who hadn't seen the couple in awhile, but who said she spoke with Rose Kingery often. "Everyone knew how devoted they were."
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Links