Suspect in Tucson home invasion killed by neighbor

This is a discussion on Suspect in Tucson home invasion killed by neighbor within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sheriff: Suspect in Tucson home invasion killed by neighbor - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com ...

Thread: Suspect in Tucson home invasion killed by neighbor

Sheriff: Suspect in Tucson home invasion killed by neighbor - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

Sheriff: Suspect in Tucson home invasion killed by neighbor

TUCSON, AZ -- Authorities in Tucson say a man suspected of robbing a home and attacking the homeowner was fatally shot as he tried to leave.

Pima County Sheriff's officials say a neighbor called police as three men broke into a home Friday night and pistol-whipped the homeowner.

They say the men then fired shots at another neighbor who intervened as they were leaving the home.

Authorities say one suspect was shot as the neighbor's son returned fire. That suspect later died at University Medical Center and was identified as 27-year-old Danny Torres.

Sheriff's officials say 19-year-old Manuel Nathan Moreno and 18-year-old Alejandro Salazar Romero Jr. have been arrested on suspicion of first-degree murder in Torres' death and were being held Saturday at the Pima County jail.

Arizona law allows those involved in the commission of a felony that results in the death of another person, including other suspects, to be held responsible for the death.

==============
    That's what I call a good neighbor! The text of the article is a little misleading - "shot as he tried to leave." More correct is "shot while shooting at innocent victims."

Sounds like a good shoot,to bad the homeowner that was attacked wasn't prepared or able to defend himself
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

But what about "don't get involved" "be a good witness" for the record I would prefer someone who is a good citizen and good neighbor and gets involved

Glad the BG's got it. Hopefully the correct justice will be served for the other two.

I can see where the don't get involved and be a good witness will stop, if it's your neighbor and you get along. It is kinda personal at that point, seeing that you probably interact somewhat and would hope they would do the same for you.
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Donodii View Post
    Glad the BG's got it. Hopefully the correct justice will be served for the other two.

I can see where the don't get involved and be a good witness will stop, if it's your neighbor and you get along. It is kinda personal at that point, seeing that you probably interact somewhat and would hope they would do the same for you.
    ***DING DING DING***

It's more likely that you know more of what's going on than if it was a stranger. Still perilous, but there is more information.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Donodii View Post

I think he decided to be come an 'involved neighbor' when he got shot at......I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

bg got what they needed. good riddens. Crime does not pay thins time.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Got what they deserved as far as iam concerned

Iam lucky my neighbor & i are good friends (both carry & shoot regularly) & will protect each other as well
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

B52
    Great news!

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Gotta love that AZ law, not only did one of the BG's buy it, but the other two get to be responsible for their buddy's death.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Sounds like a good shoot,to bad the homeowner that was attacked wasn't prepared or able to defend himself
    That homeowner probably voted for Obama. Now he regrets his vote and will probably be pro 2a now.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

+1 for the neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    Gotta love that AZ law, not only did one of the BG's buy it, but the other two get to be responsible for their buddy's death.
    yes, all states should have this law..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Was not aware of that law... Good one. Just another AZ law we need in NM.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Links